What do you know about Jared Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Nice video. Seemed to be taken before his junior year?

What do I know? Jared went to my buddy John's high school. My best high school baseball game was at Marin Catholic. So, Goff and I both caught behind the same home plate. (y)

Barry Bonds brother Ricky was on my team that year.

It's kind of exciting to have that local connection to hopefully the future quarterback of the Rams for years to come.

:unsure: It just bothers me Jared doesn't floss more.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know he's too skinny.
Did you read this story?
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-shapes-up-jared-goff-and-carson-wentz-042716

Turns out, Goff has an enzyme deficiency that didn't allow him to break down proteins. Typical nutrition sources where athletes load up to add bulk and muscle didn't work for Goff, which finally explained why no matter how much he ate, he didn't seem to be able to fill out. His body didn't process red meat. Every college athlete chugs whey protein shakes, but they didn't work for Goff either. Nothing seemed to.

"We had to adjust his diet and implement probiotics and get him on amino acid supplements," Flaherty said. "He's eating lots of lean chicken, turkey and fish. Working on his diet was the big unlock for him.

"We saw big changes in Jared. The biggest thing was seeing advances in his strength."

According to Flaherty, Goff set personal records in every lift or strength test he's done. When he first showed up, he could do a back deadlift of 330 pounds for five reps. After five weeks, that went up to 495 pounds for five reps. Beyond that, Goff's weight now is close to 220, up almost 15 pounds, and done so while cutting about three percent body fat.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Grew up in Marin County, played at Cal, Father was a pro athlete, 1st round draft pick, #1 over all to the Rams. He's already had a blessed life and I will be cheering for him to lead the Rams for the next decade or more.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
All this stuff is great you guys, but didn't you hear what he said???

Sometimes his room gets a little messy.

How the fuck did Snead and Fisher not find out about that prior to making the trade?!?!?!?!

:ROFLMAO:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think if he applies himself, like he did after his Freshman year, in the Pro's, We are really going to go places with him as our QB!(y):D

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I can tell you this ... if he doesn't succeed, it's not going to be because of lack of talent, heart or work ethic. It will be because the coaching staff did things the wrong way. Again ... expect the growing pains ... and temper the expectations for THIS season.... but by next year .... it's all gold baby!!

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
if he doesn't succeed, it's not going to be because of lack of talent,

At this POINT we have NO idea if his talent is at lower middle or upper level NFL. Potential maybe... TALENT is not know before OTAs and Training Camp/Preseason and goes against NFL talent.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
At this POINT we have NO idea if his talent is at lower middle or upper level NFL. Potential maybe... TALENT is not know before OTAs and Training Camp/Preseason and goes against NFL talent.
Wrong .. .the kid clearly has TALENT. Talent you CAN see. What we DON'T know is the mental makeup. We shall find that out soon enough.

Ram Pat

Rookie
Wrong .. .the kid clearly has TALENT. Talent you CAN see. What we DON'T know is the mental makeup. We shall find that out soon enough.
Talent he does have, at least so far at the college level. Tape shows quick release and that he will stand the pressure and deliver. Pro development does not always translate. He seems to have the "cool under pressure" trait that is a huge element of success. Time will tell if the READ REACT DELIVER in pro speed will develop. Hope proper support is given before training wheels are taken off.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I know this is worth watching if you haven't already. People can crap on highlight reels all they want. That's fine, but just look at the arm talent that is clearly and unmistakably present with this kid. First time I had seen this particular vid. Its long and worth every second you spend on it (insert Michael Scott gif here).