What Do You Expect the Rams' to Do in FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
To be honest, I don't expect a big FA for the Rams this year. If we can keep a few of our key players then I'd deem it a success. A few I want back in horns are Ammendola (incentive based deal), Jackson( restructured contract), and W. Hayes (give him a fair deal... he loves Fisher). I can't remember if H. Dahl is a FA... if he is then I'll have to read up on it lol. I say let Gibson walk, pick up a starting safety (Craig Dahl... nuff said), and do the rest through the draft. If the Rams can do that much, I'm happy. If we can keep the peices we got and upgrade the safety position, i think this will allow us to put the focus on Sam Bradford with our first 3 picks in the draft. We'd be set for a playoff run with one more stellar offseason. Everyone knows this team is headed in the right direction.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Probably bring Turner back, and try to get something done with Danny A. Outside of that I have no idea really.

fearsomefour

Legend
Turner and Hayes are both key guys to me. Turner gives the Rams a legit swing man and a very good backup Center. Hayes gives the Rams a legit DE rotation as oppossed to Long, Quinn and then scrubs. I would like to see Amendola (obviously) and Jackson with a redone deal (obviously).

nighttrain

Legend
I trust that Fisher/Snead wont do anything stupid in FA, and if it's in their opinion good for the Rams, they will bring back some of our guys

train

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah I doubt they "make a splash." I just want one starting FA. Just so there's 1 less posistion to worry about finding early in the draft.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
I would expect some phase two guys after the draft but little before that. Demoff has done nothing but say for two years that they are going to build up cap room for the extra first round picks over this year and next.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jimitroutboy said:
I would expect some phase two guys after the draft but little before that. Demoff has done nothing but say for two years that they are going to build up cap room for the extra first round picks over this year and next.
That he did. You gonna head over to the KD forum and ask a follow up to this point, Jimmeh?

Sent via Tapatalk2.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
I believe you take care of your own first and foremost. Meaning our big three SJ, Danny, Hayes are taken care off and back in horns, all three who I expect NOT to break the bank on. My preference at least. Cheaper Ram FAs are much easier to resign without much issue, guys like Turner, Cudjo, perhaps B. Richardson, maybe even Stewart if he is out of the dog house.

Then I hope with the money we get back with reconstruct/cutting Hunter, Mikell, SJ, maybe H.Dahl (and I would like all 4 players back), then I would hope we have sufficient enough cash to make a run for one of the top FS players.

Maybe look for a good backup pass catching TE (who are plentiful in this FA class). And I would think a RT (maybe Phill Loadholt).

Will all this happen? IDK, but I would hope most of this come to pass.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
biggame1190 said:
I believe you take care of your own first and foremost.
That's the philosophy Demoff embraces, and he's said that (exactly) more than once.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
biggame1190 said:
I believe you take care of your own first and foremost. Meaning our big three SJ, Danny, Hayes are taken care off and back in horns, all three who I expect NOT to break the bank on. My preference at least. Cheaper Ram FAs are much easier to resign without much issue, guys like Turner, Cudjo, perhaps B. Richardson, maybe even Stewart if he is out of the dog house.

Then I hope with the money we get back with reconstruct/cutting Hunter, Mikell, SJ, maybe H.Dahl (and I would like all 4 players back), then I would hope we have sufficient enough cash to make a run for one of the top FS players.

Maybe look for a good backup pass catching TE (who are plentiful in this FA class). And I would think a RT (maybe Phill Loadholt).

If the Rams could pull this off; the draft becomes a BPA affair. I think WR, LB, and S will be the focus, however.

In priority order, retain: SJ, Hayes, Amendola, Richardson, Stewart, Turner

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
biggame1190 said:

If the Rams could pull this off; the draft becomes a BPA affair. I think WR, LB, and S will be the focus, however.

In priority order, retain: SJ, Hayes, Amendola, Richardson, Stewart, Turner

unless we sign some worthy FA OL, we have to draft a couple..OLB and Safety are very real needs..
train

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Nobody...outside of their own players. I think Hayes will leave because he wants to start and isn't going to stay as a role player no matter how much money. Amendola, Jackson and possibly Gibson are the main questions for the first phase of free agency.

After the draft depending on how they positioned themselves I could see some one year offers or lower level veteran free agents signed.

I know its hard to go into the spending craze of early free agency without big expectations but that is what I have.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jimitroutboy said:
Nobody...outside of their own players. I think Hayes will leave because he wants to start and isn't going to stay as a role player no matter how much money. Amendola, Jackson and possibly Gibson are the main questions for the first phase of free agency.

After the draft depending on how they positioned themselves I could see some one year offers or lower level veteran free agents signed.

I know its hard to go into the spending craze of early free agency without big expectations but that is what I have.
I don't expect much action either. Maybe some practice squad raids as we get closer to the season, but I don't expect any big name splashes out of this team. Kinda expect them to stay true to their word and develop their own big talent.

nittany ram

Rookie
jimitroutboy said:
I think Hayes will leave because he wants to start and isn't going to stay as a role player no matter how much money.

I would really like to have Hayes back.

Perhaps he could be persuaded to reevaluate his longterm goals.

images

jap

Legend
jimitroutboy said:
I think Hayes will leave because he wants to start and isn't going to stay as a role player no matter how much money.

Hayes is an interesting problem to be solved. If I am allowed to channel Joe Pesci: he's a conundrum, a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Personally, if possible, I would prefer to have Hayes starting over Langford, especially on passing downs. However, I am not sure how that will work. Hayes is primarily a DE who moves inside at times. However, he's very effective at penetrating, something Langford has not done much of this season. We would move from Langford (6'6", 295 lbs) to Hayes (6'3", 272 lbs). Hayes would probably be worn down if he had to keep facing the big guys inside constantly instead of outside vs OT's where he would have space to avoid getting beat up. It would seem to be best to keep moving Hayes around the DL to create matchup problems for the opposing OL.

Langford didn't earn his FA dollars last year, and Hayes has to be paid. We need a penetrating DT/UT who can take full advantage of all the attention the Brock will demand. As Brockers grows more comfortable in his role as super stud DT/NT, our DT/UT has to help him keep the Baby Animal clean.

As things stand right now, Hayes would see plenty of action as long as The Mighty Quinn remains a liability against the run. I imagine DL coach Mike Waufle will address that by having the trainers give Quinn a weight/strength conditioning program to help maximize his weight/strength without losing any speed/agility.

Once again, it appears that Hayes is best suited as a super stud role player. We replace Quinn with Hayes to maximize rush defense on running plays. We slide Hayes inside to replace Langford on passing downs to maximize pass rush on passing downs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think some of you guys are over estimating William Hayes market value.

Prior to St. Louis he had 8 sacks in 4 seasons with Tennessee.

And... he's always been a situational defensive lineman with 12 starts in 5 seasons.

I love the player. I want him back. But I don't see a huge FA contract in his future AND he seems to be pretty loyal to Fisher.

I think something will be worked out. Or, at least, I hope so. He fits in well here.