What do we know? Los Angeles Rams at Dallas Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If you want to point fingers at the Rams run defense, start with outside LB's Barwin and Quinn, who have constantly overrun their containment.

Inside linebackers have not been good either and Barron has actually been better than Ogletree, but it's a group effort that has been the failure. The Cowboys will be a great challenge with one of the top offensive lines and some tough match ups like Cole Beasley. I do believe you can score on Dallas so hopefully the Rams and their young signal caller can stick with them, but it will be a tall order in the Lone Star State.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
If you want to point fingers at the Rams run defense, start with outside LB's Barwin and Quinn, who have constantly overrun their containment.

I think the linebackers in general have not been good against the run. But yes--against Dallas it will be critical for Quinn and Barwin to contain on the outside. Watch the Broncos against Dallas. Watch Von Miller constantly frustrate Elliott. If Quinn loses containment it will be a long day.

These guys will have to be disciplined and win their battles.

And Trumaine Johnson will have to play much better against Dez than he did against Garcon. Add Witten to the mix and and quick annoying Beasely and the Rams will have their hands full.

I feel very good about their chances of putting up points on the Cowboys.

I keep waiting for Wade's defense to suddenly click one of these weeks. Hopefully this is the week.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Not disagreeing with you at all there, but we've been gashed up the middle too. It's been pretty easy to get 4+ yards per carry on us no matter where you run to.
At that point the two outside linebackers need to move in to make the stop as well.

All four linebackers look basically lost at this point in the run game.

Quinn and Barwin just look a little physically unable at this point.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
It seems like in both games we were getting gashed primarily in the first half, and made decent second half adjustments.
That's the big thing I've noticed, our new ability to make successful halftime adjustments. Sign of competent coaching staff!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly I don't know which way this goes Obviously I'm pulling for a win and I'll never bet against the Rams ... but the boys are a good team

I hope we win and I don't care if it's by the seat of the pants last second figgie

If we lose ... I want us to give the cowboys every thing they can handle and more I don't want them talking about the boys after the game .. I want them talking about how the Rams came into thier place and almost beat them and the boys were lucky to get out with W

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly I don't know which way this goes Obviously I'm pulling for a win and I'll never bet against the Rams ... but the boys are a good team

I hope we win and I don't care if it's by the seat of the pants last second figgie

If we lose ... I want us to give the cowboys every thing they can handle and more I don't want them talking about the boys after the game .. I want them talking about how the Rams came into thier place and almost beat them and the boys were lucky to get out with W
I just a win and to hell with moral victories. UK, you know that no matter how this games turns out if the Rams play well, the story will be how the Cowboys had an off game and not that the Rams are legit.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bought my tickets... of course, I want a win.

But if they get embarrassed like the last 3 games I've been to?

Please, no!

BeefJurky

Rookie
Btw the Cowboys didn't shut down OBJ. I don't think he played at all.
If he did the score probably would have looked a little different.

It seems like in both games we were getting gashed primarily in the first half, and made decent second half adjustments.

In the run game, maybe.
Hoyer sliced us up in the 2nd half though.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I sure hope they give Havenstien some help against DeMarcus Lawrence. No way Havenstien can handle Lawrence one on one.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
One thing, Wade and McVay know this team well. I understand that they know our systems well, but they know player tendencies. Hopefully it gives us the advantage