What Cowboys fans are saying?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
I see McCarthy going to the Cowboys as Fisher to the Rams...a whole lot of reputation built years earlier. Rams by 20.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

What are your biggest concerns about the team going into LA Rams game ?

1) RT starter Cam Irving ?

2) Secondary worries ? Anthony Brown as an outside CB starter ? ... Diggs?... questions at safety with Darion Thompson ?

3) Other OL concerns: al center Joe Looney ? Tyrone Smith durability (who subs if tyrone gets dinged vs rams ? )

4) Cooper's health and questions with his hamstring vs Rams ?

5) Williams vs All pro Aaron Donald ?

6) the notorious slow starts that plagued us all year in 2019 ?

7) Special Teams

8) Jared Goff and Sean McVey getting the misdirection plays and run game going and going after rookie CB Trevon Diggs ?

9) Jalen Ramsey being able to shut down Amari Copper first game of the season

10) Kellen Moore's game plan and tendency to abandon the run and not involve RBs like Tony Pollard.

Offensive line on offense. Collins being out is especially troublesome.

1) Coopers health
2) Cam Erving at RT
3) Having breakdowns on new blitzes vs McVays schemes

Multiple things to worry about here.

1. new coaching. This has been a very odd offseason, so I’m not sure if our coaching is going to be 100% yet. It’s going to take some time for them to gel together.

2. Cooper being injured. He’s supposed to be our #1 WR and he’s already hurt. I know he’s supposed to play, however, at what level will he play? He’s likely going to be lined up with Ramsey and I’m not sure how well that’s going to work out with an injured Cooper. I also don’t want him to aggravate it. Assuming we play a full season, this is week one. Making his injury worse could be a really bad thing in the long run.

3. McVay. He and Goff had a down year last year, however, this year, they may come out on fire. They were hot in 2018 and I’m afraid they might reignite that flame. McVay is still one of the best coaches in the league. He’s smart. He does trick plays. He’s the Houdini of the league. Very scared of his coaching style.

4. Goff. Yes. Many think he’s just average. However, Goff has proven that he can play with the big dogs. When he’s on, he’s one. He’s going to have Kupp back as well? A recipe for disaster, especially considering...

5. Our secondary. We don’t really have a great secondary. Diggs is an unproven rookie with promise. Then we have Awuzie (oh no), and Anthony Brown (Double oh no), among with Xavier Woods as safety, who was injured not too long ago. Even though he was not on the injury list, I’m afraid he will still be facing lingering injuries. Secondary is not in good shape.

6. Offensive line. They are getting older. Does that mean they are absolutely terrible? No. But we cannot deny their lingering injuries and aging. The chemistry will also likely be off. Frederick will be missed, even though I believe Looney will do a fine job filing in for him. Collins being out is going to hurt. Tyron and Zack hurt as per usual. The chemistry will be out of wack and I’m not sure if the O-line will be on their A-game. This will be a tough matchup, especially with Aaron Donald on the other side. If he’s able to get pressure on Dak, we may be done for. In addition to that,

7. Rams D-line.

If they stop our run game, we will fold.

8. Possible slow starts? We can’t slow start when it comes to a team like the Rams.

9. lack of fans. Going to be rough without a crowd. The crowd is what gives teams energy. It’s what makes it hard for the other team to hear. I’m not sure how Dallas will fair without fans

10. So-Fi stadium. A new stadium that no one other than the Rams have been in. They are used to this field and have home field advantage. Who knows what kind of software and setups they have in this stadium? Dallas could be in for a ride here.

overall, I’d say, Dallas has a tough match up coming up.

My biggest concerns about the Rams game:

1. Bad weather. It disrupts my Direct TV. The good news we are going to have clear skies tomorrow.

2. The game runs late. Tuesday is a school morning. A late running game means bed time is probably broken.

3. Late dinner. Luckily the Mrs plans to watch and knows when the kick off is. So that shouldn't be problem.

4. Phone rings. Typically I hate to shut my phone off. But this one time I'm considering it. I really HATE it when someone calls and says, did you see that? REALLY??? The person calling knows I'm watching the game. Another good one is the Cowboys opponent scores to take the lead. In the 1st half. My phone rings. DO YOU THINK THE COWBOYS CAN COME BACK?

5. Snacks and drinks. Heading to the store later this morning to make sure everything is covered.

6. Victory dance. Normally it's subdued but beating the Rams I'll be more jacked than normal. I'm pretty excited about McCarthy and like our chances in January. Since it's a night game and the curtains will be closed and the neighbors can't see me I might run around like I'm 13-14 again. Just hope I don't pull something.
O-Line. If the offensive line struggles, so does every aspect of the offense. Without ball control, the defense will be on the field too long, and will ultimately weaken as the game progresses. Won't matter how good the RB's are, or how deep the WR's.

I think the difference is the running game. They're starting Malcolm Brown (uhhh....) and Cam Akers (ummm...) Gotta be among the worst running back groups in the NFL. We have 4 Pro Bowl defensive linemen. If they can't stop those 2 dudes (one is a 2nd round rookie running back), I'd say the season is over.

The Rams may very well match us or be better than us in other aspects of the game, but their running game is supposed to be piss poor. We held them to 22 yards rushing last time and that's why we won badly.

Just get this win and then go to Atlanta, and we have a week to recharge. It's possible the Falcons will beat us if nothing else changes in our depth chart, but this is one game I feel we have to have, because we could very well go 1-2 for the first 3 games don't wanna make it 0-3. But..... our next 4 is the Giants, Browns, Redskins, and Cardinals. We have a chance to 5-2 in our first 7 games. And we'll see if we get better after that halfway mark even if our schedule gets much tougher.

I'm not necessarily counting on Cooper to find easy success vs. the likes of Jalen Ramsey. If he plays, he might have problems getting open on the long ball but may very well have the quickness to find space in the short game -- enough to allow Dak to hit him in stride and get significant yardage by so doing. If Cam Erving can hold up, perhaps with the aid of a chip from one of the Dallas TEs, Dak should have enough time to hit an open guy.

Another advantage of Cooper's presence is that he'll keep Ramsey busy and allow other receivers to get open on their own, potentially, with single coverage. There's a bounty of other receivers likely to get enough separation to make life quite difficult for the Rams' secondary. Good luck covering Gallup, CeeDee and Blake Jarwin in addition to Cooper, himself. Make no mistake -- the Rams' secondary should be in for a busy evening.

In the meantime, Zeke and Pollard will be available to find good yardage in the running game and/or through short passes to keep the chains moving. Offensive weapons should be readily available to sustain drives as need be. Hopefully, miscues can and will be avoided, as sufficient focus allows.
Stopping their run game is my biggest concern. I have no idea how Poe and Hill will perform at DT. If they have any success early on, will probably see 40 run plays from them by end of game. You can bet that McVay will try to keep our offense off the field as much as possible.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My biggest concerns about the Rams game:

1. Bad weather. It disrupts my Direct TV. The good news we are going to have clear skies tomorrow.

2. The game runs late. Tuesday is a school morning. A late running game means bed time is probably broken.

3. Late dinner. Luckily the Mrs plans to watch and knows when the kick off is. So that shouldn't be problem.

4. Phone rings. Typically I hate to shut my phone off. But this one time I'm considering it. I really HATE it when someone calls and says, did you see that? REALLY??? The person calling knows I'm watching the game. Another good one is the Cowboys opponent scores to take the lead. In the 1st half. My phone rings. DO YOU THINK THE COWBOYS CAN COME BACK?

5. Snacks and drinks. Heading to the store later this morning to make sure everything is covered.

6. Victory dance. Normally it's subdued but beating the Rams I'll be more jacked than normal. I'm pretty excited about McCarthy and like our chances in January. Since it's a night game and the curtains will be closed and the neighbors can't see me I might run around like I'm 13-14 again. Just hope I don't pull something.

Ha! Got to love that list.