What Cowboys fans are saying?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I can't sleep so let's get is started!!

Honestly, some of these guys try to be objective outside of normal homerism. Props to the initial posters.

1599548123449.png

1599548157153.png

1599548176166.png

1599548257594.png

1599548275928.png

1599548308497.png

1599548329001.png

1599548361583.png

1599548399782.png

1599548527893.png

1599548570196.png

1599548617448.png

Attachments

• 1599548007595.png
    1599548007595.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 33

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Most are predicting a close game, but always fun to hear other fans perception of strength and weakness.

This. Rams are more familiar with their game prep structure and strategy. This defense is totally unproven and we'll be very luck to walk away with a W.

——

How are the Rams gonna cover all the weapons on offense? Especially the backfield with Zeke and Pollards speed on the edge.

——

I'll be the one who goes blow out, Cowboys 34, Rams 10. The Cowboys' front 4 harass the Goff all day, shredding that weak offensive line like a hot knife through butter. 24 of the 34 points come on offense, but the other 10 are a pick-6 from Trevon Diggs and a fumble recovery on the Rams' 40 which ends up in a 56-yard Zeurlein field goal.

Psycho_X

Legend
Like most of them I honestly don’t know thanks to this weird year. I could see both teams coming out on fire and I could see both teams playing like complete shit. I think both offenses will be ahead of both defenses though as is usually the case to start a season. If we had a clear picture of what our running game will be like I’d pick the Rams but it’s a mystery at this point.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
These are always a fun read.

Some good posts coming from the Dallas side.

My homerism says we're going to kick their ass.
My gun-shy side says, our oline may get their ass kicked like last year.

Dallas is a solid team.
This should be a fun match up.
I can't wait.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna be a tough game.

Interested to see how our Oline performs. I think Olines are concerns for both teams. A lot of playmakers on offense for both teams. No idea how our run game will turn out...

They are stronger with the linebackers but weaker with the defensive backs whereas I think we have stronger DBs and weaker LBs. Both Dlines are great.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
These games are going to be incredibly sloppy for the first four weeks. The teams with the most mental and physical discipline will come out of the gates strong. The only thing that could save us the first four weeks is McVay has not played his starters in pre season the last 3 years. So it's something they are used to.
Being that our first game is Vs. Dallas, it's really anyone's call. Having a new coaching staff from top to bottom really works against the Rams, but it also works against the cowboys because teams often don't have strong opening performances with all new staffs, and a partial offseason program.

It's gonna be a weird season.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It will be hard to make predictions the first week. No one had any preseason games. I would think teams with the same coach for a few years would have an advantage over teams with new coaches. Especially in the first week. We have the same coach and system in his 4th year. We do have a new defensive coordinator. So we'll have to see how they work with that.

The Cowboys have a new coach on both sides of the ball. I know they have some weapons on offense. But they had weapons last year and could only manage 8 wins. And now their offensive line is suffering injuries to start the season. If all the offseason accolades pundits have been giving them is based on the draft, they might be a little disappointing early on. Expecting rookies to make a difference from the start usually doesn't turn out well.

I keep hearing about how McCarthy is the difference maker. Was Jason Garret that bad? McCarthy had the benefit of a Hall of Famer his whole career. When Rogers went down McCarthy really didn't have an answer for that. And he's the answer to their problems? I'm a little skeptical with that one. I remember how everyone had them penciled in for the Superbowl after beating 3 bad teams to start the season last year.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Didn't McCarthy get shown the door for running a very basic offense? That was my recollection. Personally they were better off with Garrett and Linehan.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Didn't McCarthy get shown the door for running a very basic offense? That was my recollection. Personally they were better off with Garrett and Linehan.
McCarthy also has a SB ring. So there's that.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm getting a little annoyed with the whole "no preseason" logic.

Bruh, no team's season has ever dictated on how they supposedly do in pre-season. Hell the preseason has meant so much LESS lately, than say the late 2000s, early 2010s.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Bruh, no team's season has ever dictated on how they supposedly do in pre-season. Hell the preseason has meant so much LESS lately, than say the late 2000s, early 2010s.
I am concerned about the defense being able to play, instead of think.
Greg Williams defense took about a half of a season before they started to play well together.

I believe Wade's had a few hiccups early on as well.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
One thing that’s pretty common on that site as with most others, including national sports media...

They have Zero Or even Less than Zero respect for our QB

Personally, I have a good feeling Goff is going to set a few things straight, beginning this Sunday evening

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I am concerned about the defense being able to play, instead of think.
Greg Williams defense took about a half of a season before they started to play well together.

I believe Wade's had a few hiccups early on as well.

Being concerned about it is one thing, I'm just saying basing on that one fan's post about the preseason. Even if they had a full preseason it wouldn't have meant anything.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Being concerned about it is one thing, I'm just saying basing on that one fan's post about the preseason. Even if they had a full preseason it wouldn't have meant anything.
Normally, I would agree completely. Preseason is mostly to get your newcomers some live work and to fill holes.

However. With a new DC, ST coach and OC (not as important,in our case), it would have been beneficial to get some playing time against another teams system (even at a rudimentary level).

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg

I disagree, to an extent. Preaseason games are good for the "Two's". Also, through interviews and Hard Knocks I have heard a LOT of Vets say how different they felt this offseason with no OTA's and normality. At the end of the day between July 25th-ish and opening day, things were VERY different this year. All that being said I expect some serious rust through the first couple weeks for most teams. So yeah, I think the lack of preseason games and a normal training camp will be somewhat of a factor. Just have to wait and see how much of a factor.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
These games are going to be incredibly sloppy for the first four weeks. The teams with the most mental and physical discipline will come out of the gates strong. The only thing that could save us the first four weeks is McVay has not played his starters in pre season the last 3 years. So it's something they are used to.
Being that our first game is Vs. Dallas, it's really anyone's call. Having a new coaching staff from top to bottom really works against the Rams, but it also works against the cowboys because teams often don't have strong opening performances with all new staffs, and a partial offseason program.

It's gonna be a weird season.

The thing is tho that the Cowboys have a new offense in place under McCarthy. Couple that with the different looks Staley's version of the Fangio D gives them and it's likely to cause mistakes.

I think a lot of yards will be put up and the winner will be the team with fewer critical mistakes (exacerbated over such a truism in any normal year)