What Cowboys Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://cowboyszone.com/threads/vegas-has-cowboys-rams-as-pickem-game.300200/

Vegas has Cowboys/Rams as pickem game

Gotta say I am a little surprised by that. Figured the Cowboys would be at least a 3 point favorite. Rams beat an awful Tampa team by 2 points and got man handled by Minnesota. Apparently Vegas not impressed by last weeks win over Tenn.
-----------
I think its telling that vegas doesnt put Romo> Hill or Austin.
------------
Vegas got some inside info that we don't know about? :laugh:
-----------
Vegas looks at trends and intangibles. They see us as an 8-8 team at best. So winning, and more importantly to them, covering in two straight road games is a tough sell regardless of opponent.
-----------
Not sure you guys understand how the line works. We opened as a favorite earlier week, albeit a small one. The line shifted because too many people were taking the points and the Rams. It's not "Vegas" that doubts us, it's the betters that do. That said, given Romo's subpar play so far and the increased chance that RM won't be playing, I'm more surprised that the line has not moved even more.
-----------
You're wrong.. Over 80% of the public bet on Dallas..

89% has Dallas on the spread, most popular bet of the week.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/matchups/
----------
Does dallas opening as a one or 1.5 point favorite change anything?

Absolutely not... Being favored by 1 point in st Louis still carries the same weight.. They think we suck
----------
I guess the sharp bettors like the Rams, given that the public is overwhelmingly betting the Cowboys, and it's not moving the line in that direction. To be honest, I can't blame the public. The Cowboys have destroyed the Rams the last two times they've played - and the Cowboys don't blow out many teams in the Garrett era. Then there's the Rams ugly QB situation. Rolando McClain likely being out hurts, but will it hurt THAT much against the Rams offense?

I've done some betting in the past but not right now. You generally don't want to bet with the public when they're going one way, and the sharp bettors are going another. I'd probably stay away from this one, even though I really do think we're going to win this one.
-----------
Can't believe we are getting disrespected like this
-----------
So, I expect to see at least 5 drive extending questionable penalties this game to keep the Rams in it? I wouldn't be surprised if we doubled their amount of penalties, to be honest.
-----------
http://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-vs-rams-1st-half-game-thread.300214/
Game: ***Cowboys vs Rams 1st half game thread***
http://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-vs-rams-2nd-half-game-thread.300213/
Game: ***Cowboys vs Rams 2nd half game thread***

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
So, I expect to see at least 5 drive extending questionable penalties this game to keep the Rams in it? I wouldn't be surprised if we doubled their amount of penalties, to be honest.

Brother, the 'girls don't know shit about cheesy ticky tack drive extending penalties. The Rams wrote the book on playing against the refs. It's much more likely to see 15 "pinkies in the neutral zone" against us.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I finally recovered enough to take a look at the responses after the game. It just goes to show you that fans are all the same. They judge according to their bias.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/38838-take-very-little-from-this-game-this-was-ugly/
Take very little from this game - this was ugly

Romo was unprepared and hurt us early ....

Garret unprepared

Marinelli caught off guard a number of times

Did I mention the Rams stink and played a QB 99% of people never heard of ?

Claiborne cfl like just terrible

Witten terrible penalty

Murray is playing himself outta Dallas

Pass blocking again suspect

Bad playcalling bad audibles I mean wth was that wr screen end of half ???? Running v 8 man fronts pathetic ..,

The Rams stink btw

Bad bad tackling abound !!! Jimmy Johnson would flip into convulsions if he saw that ! Bad tackling = bad coaching and bad practicing.

More bad news - the more fughazzi wins we amass the more of a chance Garret is back ...

We won - that's all you take

Prediction of 5-11 still looks solid
----------
Austin Davis broke all of Brett Favres school records....he is the real deal....had they played Shaun Hill, it wouldn't have been good for them...but, it would have been easier for us....yes, we have problems, but at least we're competitive...
----------
How many sacks for the Rams today? Rams have an excellent pass rush. Romo threw a lot better today, the defense had a TD, and 2 ints. I get your 5-11 prediction, but the boys after being down 21-0 lose this game 99% of tge time, today they didn't. My expectations have been very low going into this season, so any win is a good one. If you know they are going 5-11 then you should be pleased they found a way to win, right?
----------
We were down 21-0

It looked ugly

They came back

They kept running the ball

They got a couple turnovers

Bailey set a record

The Cowboys won the game
---------
There's not a chance that 1 out of every 100 people have heard of Austin Davis.
--------
By next week half of the forum will be wanting to trade for him
---------
pjbz9K4.jpg

-----------
You can only win so many games by just being lucky. The Rams are a team the Cowboys should have prepared for and been ready to dominate from game start to game end. Cowboyts came out sloppy, got behind early and are very very lucky the Rams are as bad as they are after having a large number of 1st round draft picks the past three off seasons. Coming back from a large deficit against the Rams at this point in the NFL is about as easy as it gets.

Like I said earlier this week. Only way the Cowboys lose this game is by beating themselves which they almost did. The Rams defense only ranks ahead of the Bucaneers and the Jaguars. The Cowboys defense ranks 19th overall.

http://www.oddsshark...defensive-stats

The Cowboys offense ranks 9th overall while the Rams offense is 9th from the bottom at 24th overall..

http://www.oddsshark...offensive-stats

A 21 point lead by a majority of teams in the NFL and the Cowboys would have had a much harder time climbing back up to win.

A win is a win without a doubt. Even ugly wins count in the NFL. Cowboys won't be playing teams as easy as the Rams though if they make it into the playoffs which according to Jerry and Stephen Jones is the goal for this season.
-----------
http://cowboyszone.com/threads/fisher-believes-refs-missed-holding-calls.300529/

Twitter: Fisher believes refs missed holding calls

I heard one of their guys tripped DeMarco & it was not called. Did he mention that?
------------
Well, they missed a blatant hold on Mincey on the first drive, a hold on Crawford on a stunt in the 2nd quarter, not to mention the trip of Murray on his fumble. Fisher should concern himself with "holding" on to 21 point leads, his game management - not going up 7, and his TE shoving his qb after said TE dropped an easy 6 points.
----------
Not to mention Mincey's arm being ripped out of its socket on one particular play where he was free of the tackle and in position for a sack.
---------
news flash....THERE IS HOLDING ON EVERY DOWN..if its really bad it may get called. it's the nature of the beast. some groups of refs let them play and some have whats known as "Hanky out of pocket symdrome" as long as it is established early it fair for both teams.

Quit whining Fisher...
----------
The biggest hold (and the stupidest) was on Doug Free on the long TD pass to the wide open Dez Bryant. Free holds the Dlineman, while turned around facing Romo (and the official). I have no idea why it wasn't called, nor do I care, I'm just glad it wasn't. But it was about as blatant a hold as you will ever see. :)

Nonetheless, as I stated earlier, Fisher did as much to cost his team as the officials did, and they miss calls both ways.
-----------
Fisher needs to stop complaining, there were certainly bad calls for both teams throughout the game but in the end, the Rams players let Fisher down.
-----------
that roughing call was bad..but i will take. i think tony made it look worse then it was by whipping his head around..i dont think he did it on purpose tho. qb.s bait guys into late sideline hits so i have no problem with it
----------
The Rams players let Fisher down and Fisher let the Rams players down. Group effort.
----------
there are holds all the time. the refs make mistakes, thats part of being human. but the decision to go on 4th down in fg range was kinda dumb. you always take the points when you are ahead. in the end those 3 points were huge. maybe fisher is just trying to deflect attention from the biggest missed call in the game
---------
The Rams got by with a lot of infractions that were not penalized. Murray probably wouldn't have fumbled if not for being tripped. Their OL tackled Cowboys defenders on more than 1 occasion. The long TD against Claiborne was technically a push-off by the WR.

Hopefully, the Cowboys saw that the refs were not going to call the Rams OL for holding so they started doing it themselves.
----------
Crap happens every week in the NFL. Sometime you benefit from it, sometimes you're hurt by it. The Rams were holding (and other stuff like tripping) too with no calls. Get over it and move on.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I finally recovered enough to take a look at the responses after the game. It just goes to show you that fans are all the same. They judge according to their bias.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/38838-take-very-little-from-this-game-this-was-ugly/
Take very little from this game - this was ugly

Romo was unprepared and hurt us early ....

Garret unprepared

Marinelli caught off guard a number of times

Did I mention the Rams stink and played a QB 99% of people never heard of ?

Claiborne cfl like just terrible

Witten terrible penalty

Murray is playing himself outta Dallas

Pass blocking again suspect

Bad playcalling bad audibles I mean wth was that wr screen end of half ???? Running v 8 man fronts pathetic ..,

The Rams stink btw

Bad bad tackling abound !!! Jimmy Johnson would flip into convulsions if he saw that ! Bad tackling = bad coaching and bad practicing.

More bad news - the more fughazzi wins we amass the more of a chance Garret is back ...

We won - that's all you take

Prediction of 5-11 still looks solid
----------
Austin Davis broke all of Brett Favres school records....he is the real deal....had they played Shaun Hill, it wouldn't have been good for them...but, it would have been easier for us....yes, we have problems, but at least we're competitive...
----------
How many sacks for the Rams today? Rams have an excellent pass rush. Romo threw a lot better today, the defense had a TD, and 2 ints. I get your 5-11 prediction, but the boys after being down 21-0 lose this game 99% of tge time, today they didn't. My expectations have been very low going into this season, so any win is a good one. If you know they are going 5-11 then you should be pleased they found a way to win, right?
----------
We were down 21-0

It looked ugly

They came back

They kept running the ball

They got a couple turnovers

Bailey set a record

The Cowboys won the game
---------
There's not a chance that 1 out of every 100 people have heard of Austin Davis.
--------
By next week half of the forum will be wanting to trade for him
---------
pjbz9K4.jpg

-----------
You can only win so many games by just being lucky. The Rams are a team the Cowboys should have prepared for and been ready to dominate from game start to game end. Cowboyts came out sloppy, got behind early and are very very lucky the Rams are as bad as they are after having a large number of 1st round draft picks the past three off seasons. Coming back from a large deficit against the Rams at this point in the NFL is about as easy as it gets.

Like I said earlier this week. Only way the Cowboys lose this game is by beating themselves which they almost did. The Rams defense only ranks ahead of the Bucaneers and the Jaguars. The Cowboys defense ranks 19th overall.

http://www.oddsshark...defensive-stats

The Cowboys offense ranks 9th overall while the Rams offense is 9th from the bottom at 24th overall..

http://www.oddsshark...offensive-stats

A 21 point lead by a majority of teams in the NFL and the Cowboys would have had a much harder time climbing back up to win.

A win is a win without a doubt. Even ugly wins count in the NFL. Cowboys won't be playing teams as easy as the Rams though if they make it into the playoffs which according to Jerry and Stephen Jones is the goal for this season.
-----------
http://cowboyszone.com/threads/fisher-believes-refs-missed-holding-calls.300529/

Twitter: Fisher believes refs missed holding calls

I heard one of their guys tripped DeMarco & it was not called. Did he mention that?
------------
Well, they missed a blatant hold on Mincey on the first drive, a hold on Crawford on a stunt in the 2nd quarter, not to mention the trip of Murray on his fumble. Fisher should concern himself with "holding" on to 21 point leads, his game management - not going up 7, and his TE shoving his qb after said TE dropped an easy 6 points.
----------
Not to mention Mincey's arm being ripped out of its socket on one particular play where he was free of the tackle and in position for a sack.
---------
news flash....THERE IS HOLDING ON EVERY DOWN..if its really bad it may get called. it's the nature of the beast. some groups of refs let them play and some have whats known as "Hanky out of pocket symdrome" as long as it is established early it fair for both teams.

Quit whining Fisher...
----------
The biggest hold (and the stupidest) was on Doug Free on the long TD pass to the wide open Dez Bryant. Free holds the Dlineman, while turned around facing Romo (and the official). I have no idea why it wasn't called, nor do I care, I'm just glad it wasn't. But it was about as blatant a hold as you will ever see. :)

Nonetheless, as I stated earlier, Fisher did as much to cost his team as the officials did, and they miss calls both ways.
-----------
Fisher needs to stop complaining, there were certainly bad calls for both teams throughout the game but in the end, the Rams players let Fisher down.
-----------
that roughing call was bad..but i will take. i think tony made it look worse then it was by whipping his head around..i dont think he did it on purpose tho. qb.s bait guys into late sideline hits so i have no problem with it
----------
The Rams players let Fisher down and Fisher let the Rams players down. Group effort.
----------
there are holds all the time. the refs make mistakes, thats part of being human. but the decision to go on 4th down in fg range was kinda dumb. you always take the points when you are ahead. in the end those 3 points were huge. maybe fisher is just trying to deflect attention from the biggest missed call in the game
---------
The Rams got by with a lot of infractions that were not penalized. Murray probably wouldn't have fumbled if not for being tripped. Their OL tackled Cowboys defenders on more than 1 occasion. The long TD against Claiborne was technically a push-off by the WR.

Hopefully, the Cowboys saw that the refs were not going to call the Rams OL for holding so they started doing it themselves.
----------
Crap happens every week in the NFL. Sometime you benefit from it, sometimes you're hurt by it. The Rams were holding (and other stuff like tripping) too with no calls. Get over it and move on.

The satisfying thing about this is that late in the season, the Cowboys will choke again, with Romo serving up some bad INT's at the worst time to throw them and there will be nothing the officials can do to save them.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Fuck the Cowboys fans, they know good and damn well this Rams team didn't look shitty and instead want to blame their team not bringing their A game. Fact of the matter is their defense has and will continue to suck this year and the Rams offense isn't as bad as they thought it would be while pir defense was worse than they thought it would be.