What Common Food Do You Hate?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here is one. I will not fucking touch rice. I dont give a shit how it's cooked, how good the flavor may be. It's a texture thing, not taste.

As a kid I was "The Lost Boys" and there is a scene where Keiffer Southerland is eating Chinese food and it turned into worms. Since that, I've always had that association and simply will not touch it. It disgust me.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It's part of having autism, in my opinion. My senses are better than most, and I don't like certain textures. Pasta is one of those things that I absolutely can't stomach in any form. And the smell of stuff like macaroni-and-cheese induces nausea.

Yeah, I'm weird.

I have a nephew with autism. He literally cannot eat anything on a pizza besides pepperoni and cheese. They came for a visit from out of town and I ordered pizza with pepperoni and sausage. He would not touch it even if we took the sausage off. I had to call for a pepperoni pizza so he could eat. He also has Asperger's.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Here is one. I will not fucking touch rice. I dont give a shit how it's cooked, how good the flavor may be. It's a texture thing, not taste.

As a kid I was "The Lost Boys" and there is a scene where Keiffer Southerland is eating Chinese food and it turned into worms. Since that, I've always had that association and simply will not touch it. It disgust me.
You're eating maggots Michael, how do they taste?

Classic line

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You're eating maggots Michael, how do they taste?

Classic line

That's one of my wife's favorite movies. We actually went to a drive in about a month ago and watched that and Hell House.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And I can't stand coconut unless it is by itself and just out of the shell. Young coconut is great in stir fries. It has the consistency of calimari with a slight coconut flavor.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I have a nephew with autism. He literally cannot eat anything on a pizza besides pepperoni and cheese. They came for a visit from out of town and I ordered pizza with pepperoni and sausage. He would not touch it even if we took the sausage off. I had to call for a pepperoni pizza so he could eat. He also has Asperger's.

Makes sense; I do the same thing if pasta's touched a plate. I simply will not eat it, even if the pasta is scraped off. People on the autism spectrum (which includes Asperger's; it's a huge variety. I'm probably on the more higher-functioning.) have those kinds of quirks. They don't like much change, so it's hard to try new things, like your nephew with pizza.

Tano

Legend
I'm fine with pineapple pizza, not my first choice, but it's bell peppers I can't stand @Tano.

Sorry to hear you don't like pastrami and kraut. I wish I had a reuben sandwich right meow. The salty meat paired with a sour pickled vegetable on top of a slightly bitter bread with a sweet and tangy dressing would really hit the spot!
You must be 85 years old to like a Reuben

Tano

Legend
And I can't stand coconut unless it is by itself and just out of the shell. Young coconut is great in stir fries. It has the consistency of calimari with a slight coconut flavor.
I hate coconut too except for Pina Coladas

Tano

Legend
You must be 85 years old to like a Reuben
I probably should explain that.

My father who just died at 87 last year used to go to a luncheon every Tuesday with about 15 to 20 of his friends who were a similar age and they ALL got Reubens on a regular basis.

I was usually the only one who didn't get one when I attended their luncheons which was about once a year for the last 15 years or so.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I probably should explain that.

My father who just died at 87 last year used to go to a luncheon every Tuesday with about 15 to 20 of his friends who were a similar age and they ALL got Reubens on a regular basis.

I was usually the only one who didn't get one when I attended their luncheons which was about once a year for the last 15 years or so.
Sorry to hear about your pops. It's always been a treat for my family as we used to hit Langer's in downtown LA before Lakers and Dodgers games.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Frozen pizza.
Crust always sucks, the sauce is ass, the cheese comes off with 1 bite and the toppings never have flavor.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or linguisa? Even McDonald's had linguisa, and eggs, linguisa and fried rice, and yes.... Linguisa pizza was at every pizza joint we went to - which was 2. Never saw it with freaking pineapple though.

I'm not dissing Spam because they certainly served the shit out of that and knew how.

But seriously? You can put lipstick on a pig (pineapple) but it doesn't make it desirable. You can even be the freshest pineapple babe at the party. But if you jump in the sauna and you turn to bland, mushy shit with an acidic personality, don't expect to get invited back for another party.

Obscure enough?
You can add pineapple late(r) in the cooking process so that it doesn't turn to mush. But you probably already knew that. Be careful where you order linguisa, you might get mystery meat instead.