What Championship Sunday Told Me About Our Rams…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
We’re not that far off.

None of these teams is without flaws and holes.

It’s no fluke that we went to the wire with the two conference runners-up… they are not out of our league.

As for the teams in the big game…neither is an unbeatable juggernaut.

We have a solid roster with some key vets returning, some young guys who will continue to improve, and the resources necessary to significantly improve the roster this offseason.

There are no guarantees in this game, but our Rams absolutely could be in the hunt next year.

At this point in the process, hard to ask for more than that.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
We’re not that far off.

It’s no fluke that we went to the wire with the two conference runners-up… they are not out of our league.

We have a solid roster with some key vets returning, some young guys who will continue to improve, and the resources necessary to significantly improve the roster this offseason.

There are no guarantees in this game, but our Rams absolutely could be in the hunt next year.

Offense needs some reinforcement... defense needs some structural-level adjustment on the talent level.. and special teams needs a big, big turnaround.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Offense needs some reinforcement... defense needs some structural-level adjustment on the talent level.. and special teams needs a big, big turnaround.
So, you agree with me…disagree with me…???

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Tells me the Rams are disciplined as fuck.

No stupid penalties. No stupid coaching decisions. TOs few and far between. No dirty plays. Goes for both Ravens and Lions.

Rams are straight business home and away.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Read the topic…then respond with something relevant.

How difficult is that?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If these playoffs do indeed represent what will happen next season and as we know they don't we are not far off. I think we are closer than the group conscience thought but not a win over the Lions away from a championship.

It feels to me like there really weren't great teams this run through the playoffs, the top teams were flawed more than usual

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
There is a point where you need to believe your gut and invest emotionally. If it were all about Miss Ana Littic we wouldn't need play callers so much as each situation down to down can be guided by a mathematical equation in theory. The rub is Ana has no emotional consequence when failure occurs.
Agree---but looks like I posted in the wrong thread, can admin move these to the NFCCG thread? Must have clicked on wrong thread .. missed it or it moved by being updated and I was too slow or whatever. Didn't mean to put here.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
We’re not that far off.

I felt like THIS years Rams could have hung with any of them. And in fact, three of the four conference finalists, we did hang with and were maybe 1-2 plays away from winning. And the only one we didn't hang with was the one we didn't play at all.

That's a pretty good base to start with, we'll be better after this offseason.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
If you don't regret them there is something wrong ... or at least one of them ...
but not going to crucify the guy either but it SOUNDS like he does regret them

View: https://x.com/JLazzy23/status/1751811357953990883?s=20

I think Lions are damn lucky to have this guy as coach. I was yelling "kick the damn field goal" at the time....But on the other hand, the guy has converted a lot of gutsy calls.

Reynolds makes those catches and Campbell is being hailed as a hero.

Great answer to the the question IMO. His players gotta love him. He bleeds for this team.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Worst decision by Campbell IMO was the run call on 3rd and goal, forcing a timeout. That wasted timeout was a killer.

No way on earth McVay makes that call (for better or worse).

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Worst decision by Campbell IMO was the run call on 3rd and goal, forcing a timeout. That wasted timeout was a killer.

No way on earth McVay makes that call (for better or worse).

Right. You call a pass play then maybe run on 4th down. That timeout would have given the Lions one last shot, provided they got a 3 and out from the whiners.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We need to get better and more athletic and physical on D.
Yep, need more speed on offense and more speed and athleticism on defense, especially the back 7.

Add in some beef on both lines for depth and potential competition to start.

And that is doable with all the resources they will have this yr.