What Bucs fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1329203.0.html

Bucs go from facing the worst defense to facing the worst offense

Deja vu: In Rams, Bucs face one of NFL's worst offenses
Greg Auman, Times Staff Writer

If it's Case Keenum the Bucs face at quarterback, he has just 48 pass attempts this season and a single passing touchdown.
Getty Images

You may remember that in the days leading up to Sunday's Bucs-Saints game, we pointed out that the Saints defense was easily the worst in the NFL statistically, ranking last in points and yards allowed, worst in rushing yards allowed and second-worst in passing yards.

And yes, that Saints defense held the Bucs to 17 points and 291 yards, both the lowest against the Saints all season, in a 24-17 win over Tampa Bay at Raymond James Stadium.

Thursday night's game in St. Louis presents much the same opportunity for the Bucs, only on the other side of the ball, as the Rams are statistically one of the worst offenses in the NFL, despite the presence of promising rookie running back Todd Gurley.

The Rams are 31st out of 32 teams in both scoring (16.2 points per game) and total offense (297.9 yards per game), and dead last in passing offense (173.1 yards per game), passing touchdowns 8, passer rating (69.2) and third-down conversions (25.3 percent).

St. Louis bounced back nicely Sunday with a 21-14 win over the Lions, ending a five-game losing streak, with Gurley rushing for 140 yards on 16 carries with two touchdowns. In his previous four games, Gurley had totaled 171 yards on 55 carries with the same two touchdowns.

In more than half their games -- seven out of 13 -- the Rams have been held to 13 points or less, matching the most of any team in the NFL -- the Rams, 49ers and Titans are all 0-7 in such games this season. NFL teams scoring 13 or less are 7-72 this season -- that's a 1-in-11 shot at winning, with the Bucs claiming one of those wins in their 10-6 victory over the Cowboys.

If it's Case Keenum the Bucs face at quarterback, he has just 48 pass attempts this season and a single passing touchdown. One thing working in Keenum's favor -- the Rams have allowed an NFL-low 16 sacks this season, though oddly, also the fourth-highest number of quarterback hits at 89 on the season.

All this is to say the Bucs have a similar opportunity this week against a unit that ranks among the league's worst -- whether they can take advantage of that more than they did against the Saints defense remains to be seen.
---------
Well, if lovie has the cornerbacks covering the parking lot attendants again..

Last game, I was wondering why verner ran past my car...
---------
I am expecting another huge letdown by our Bucs. Case Keenum is a decent QB. I am expecting him to have a career day against the 20-yard cushion defensive scheme.

Our corners have already proven they can perform at a high level this year. But with Lovie calling the defense, you never know if he is going to let them play like he did in the Dallas game, or if he is going to call for the huge cushions as he did vs. Washington.
----------
Yup. Keenum is definitely capable of getting the W.
---------
im predicting a loss here

our defense will make Keenum look like an all timer. something they do every single time we play a backup QB
-------
Gurley ain't no slouch either...
--------
http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1329206.0.html

Bucs forced to cram for Thursday game at Rams

Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Lovie Smith during a post game news conference following the team's 24-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

By Roy Cummings | Tribune Staff

TAMPA — Monday is typically a day of reflection at One Buc Place, a day for coaches to review tape of the game played the day before, grade player performances and correct mistakes.

There was nothing typical about the Monday the Bucs experienced this week.

With their next game coming on Thursday, when they take on the Rams in St. Louis in their only scheduled prime-time game of the season, Monday turned into a mix of days fused into one.

“Everything gets moved up,’’ Bucs coach Lovie Smith said of the schedule teams take on when playing a Thursday night game.

For the coaches, Monday felt a lot like Tuesday. That’s the day usually devoted to game-planning for the next opponent. But on their accelerated schedule, coaches began that process long before the Monday sun came up.

For the players, Monday had more of a Wednesday feel to it. Their first real work day of the week, Wednesday is normally a dawn-to-well-past-dusk day made up early-morning and late-afternoon team and positional meetings and the one padded practice of the week.

In this case, the day started a little later than usual, around noon, and the padded practice was changed out for a much lighter late-afternoon walk-through of plays. But the meetings were all conducted, and some players spent extra time privately watching game film.

The accelerated schedule was a welcomed change. Rather than dwell on their 24-17 loss to the Saints on Sunday, a loss that severely diminished their playoff hopes, players and coaches were forced to move ahead and concentrate on the Rams.

“That’s exactly how you want to do it,’’ Smith said. “That was disappointing (Sunday). There’s no other way around it. And when you’re disappointed, you want to make it right and have a chance to come back quick. So, to be able to play that (next) game a little earlier, that’s a good thing.’’

Tampa Bay is 19-24 overall in primetime appearances, including 1-2 in Thursday games since the NFL started playing regularly on Thursdays in 2006. All three Thursday games were lopsided: a 36-17 win at Minnesota in 2012, a 31-13 loss against Carolina in 2013 and a 56-14 loss at Atlanta in 2014.

Since the beginning of the 2013 season, 19 of the 37 games played on Thursday were blowouts decided by at least two scores.

Injuries are one reason Thursday games tend to get a little lopsided. As Smith pointed out Monday, there just isn’t enough time for some players, depending on their injury, to physically recover for a Thursday game.

The Bucs, for example, could be without several players, including wide receiver Vincent Jackson (knee), middle linebacker Bruce Carter (ankle), defensive tackle Akeem Spence (ankle) and left guard Logan Mankins (unspecified injury) against the Rams.

None of those players would have been able to participate on Monday in a regular weekday practice, Smith said, and several others whom he did not name would have been limited. That hasn’t dampened Smith’s enthusiasm for Thursday games, though.

“In an ideal world, you’d rather play them at home,’’ said Smith, whose team will wear a new, all-red uniform against the Rams, who will wear all yellow. “But we like playing a Thursday night game. We’re excited about the new uniforms and all of that. And, again, we need to play quickly, and Thursday night allows us to do that.”

It also allows the Bucs a chance to show the rest of the football world how far they’ve come since they last played in prime time against the Falcons. Even in the wake of their error-plagued loss to the Saints, the Bucs are eager to take advantage of that opportunity.

“We’re (in) the only (game) that’s playing at the time, and we want to show people we’ve improved, that we’re not the same old Bucs or any of that,” Smith said. “And as we go to that next stage, which we will eventually get to, we’re going to have a lot of these primetime games.

“So, yeah, this is a big deal to us.’’

rcummings@tampatrib.com

Twitter: @RCummingsTBO
---------
Lovie better have them MOTIVATED and ready to play!! New flash "Barron" moves to LB and now has 90 plus tackles 66 solo and 30 something assist for the season with the rams! This just shows when players are not allowed to play to their strengths they don't do well. Barron was always frustrated and Lovie for not fitting into his nonaggressive soft Zone Coverage scheme! That's on Lovie!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/16/koetter-aaron-donald-at-the-same-level-as-j-j-watt/

Koetter: Aaron Donald “at the same level as J.J. Watt”
Posted by Josh Alper on December 16, 2015

501241556-e1450265396795.jpg
Getty Images

Buccaneers offensive coordinator spent some time during Tuesday’s meeting with the media discussing the possibility that he’ll be up for head coaching jobs in the offseason, but he has plenty to keep him busy in his current job with three games left before any coaching searches will be begin in earnest.

First up for Koetter and the Bucs are the Rams and that means Koetter will have to figure out a way to keep defensive tackle Aaron Donald from blowing up their plans. That hasn’t been easy for Rams opponents this season as Donald has piled up 11 sacks and 19 tackles for losses that caused one Bucs scout to give Koetter a glowing comparison for Donald’s impact.

“He told me [Donald] was on the same level as J.J. Watt,” Koetter said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “I thought to myself, ‘Wow, that’s hard to believe.’ Then it came my time to watch the tape and I said, ‘Oh, wow. He’s on the same level as J.J. Watt.’ This guy is having a fantastic year. Definitely a game-wrecker for this game.”

Donald has wrecked enough games this year that he should get some consideration for defensive player of the year and other postseason honors. Bright spots have been few and far between in St. Louis in the last decade or so, but Donald’s arrival in the first round of the 2014 draft is one thing the Rams can feel happy about.
-------
Yes.

This guy lives in opposing backfields. Ragdolls blockers, splits the double team with regularity. There may not be a faster player off the snap.
-------
In order:
1. Watt
2. Atkins
3. Donald
4. Suh
-------
When you have the over rated Jeff Fisher as a coach you can be sure of two things. 1. A losing record 2. A dirty team.
Guy’s too good a player to be on that team.
-------
Bill billichek would have the Rams at 12-2
------
Crazy how the Rams drafted the best defensive player in the 2014 draft (although I’d put Mack on the same level) and arguably the best offensive player in the 2015 draft and we STILL can’t achieve a winning record #FireFisher
-------
He should be with that line. They run a 4-3 and robert quinn on the outside end.
-------
Does he go around bragging about about how high his pain threshold is like Watt does?
-------
http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/bucs-have-their-hands-full-with-rams-dt-donald/

donald-820x546.jpg

Bucs Have Their Hands Full With Rams DT Donald
by Eric Horchy - Beat Writer

Gerald McCoy doesn’t need to game plan for Aaron Donald, but the Bucs three-time All-Pro defensive tackle likes what he sees.

“I love watching him,” McCoy said from in front of his locker Tuesday. “I’m a fan of football, I say that all the time, and any defensive lineman that can play the game I love to watch.”

Donald burst onto the NFL scene last year when his nine sacks trailed only the 10 racked up by Buffalo’s Marcell Dareus for the league lead at defensive tackle. That effort helped Donald earn a trip to the Pro Bowl and NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year awards from the Associated Press and Pro Football Writers of America.

He hasn’t taken his foot off the gas since.

Donald squashed thoughts of a sophomore slump by beginning the 2015 campaign with two sacks of Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson and is now fifth in the NFL with 11, the most of any interior lineman.

“He’s so explosive,” McCoy said of Donald. “The thing about him is he’s a small guy which helps. It’s hard to get underneath his pads. He’s a freak athlete. If you go back to his combine numbers – he had exceptional numbers – but not only that, he can play the game.”

At 6-foot-1, 285 pounds, Donald is considered slightly undersized for a professional defensive tackle by about 10-20 pounds. That hasn’t seemed to matter much for the former Pitt Panther; so much so that he’s drawing comparisons from Bucs evaluators to another massively disruptive defensive force.

“We have an advanced scout that scouts teams a couple weeks in advance and they told me that he was on the same level as J.J. Watt,” Bucs offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter said Tuesday. “I thought to myself, ‘Wow, that’s hard to believe.’ When it came my time to watch the tape I said, ‘Wow, he’s on the same level as J.J. Watt.’

“This guy’s having a fantastic year. Definitely a game-wrecker for this game.”

One of the Bucs set to get his first up-close-and-personal look at Donald is center Joe Hawley. The young Ram experienced a pair of first-ever professional moments during last year’s 19-17 Week 2 win in Tampa Bay – a sack and a victory – but Hawley was still in Atlanta at that time.

“He’s definitely one of the top two or three, if not the best, D-tackle in the league,” Hawley said. “He’s got it all, he’s the whole package. He’s quick, strong, he can adjust his pass-rush move in the middle of a rush; he’s very good. He’s one of the best players on their defense so we’ve got to control what he does, limit the plays he can make. He’s going to make some plays but we’ve just got to know where he’s at in the defense the whole time.”

Focusing on Donald has been made a little easier for Rams opponents this season because of the injury bug. Defensive end Robert Quinn has been out with a back injury for the past six games and outside linebacker Alec Ogletree was lost for the season in Week 4.

Thought of heading into the season as a legitimate contender to Seattle in the NFC West, St. Louis’ season got off the tracks with a five-game skid that ended last weekend at home against Detroit. The Rams’ banged-up defense enters Thursday ranked 12th in the NFL in scoring (20.8) and surrendered an average of 24.3 over the past six, including 27 or more three times.

“I think even though the last six weeks were overshadowed by the losing streak, he has really made a difference up front,” Rams head coach Jeff Fisher said of Donald during his Tuesday afternoon conference call with Tampa Bay media members. “He’s very difficult to block and I imagine it’s going to be a tough time on a short week to get him blocked.”

Even with the injuries and underwhelming team stats, Bucs offensive linemen are preparing for a battle nonetheless.

“It’s a challenge,” Hawley said. “It kind of puts to the test what you can do – challenges you in the pass protection and run game. But you go up against a team like that and you take care of business, it feels a little bit better. But they’ve definitely got a good group and good depth. They can rotate guys in that are just as good as the guys in there starting. So it’s going to be a big challenge.”
-------
McCoy needs to show up and out play Donald this week. Hopefully he steps up to the challenge.
------
I really wanted to draft this guy when he came out.
------
We need to draft the next Donald in this draft. McCoy has never been the dominant 3 tech we need. He’s been a part of every dismal defense we’ve had under three coaches. He’s never taken over a game, he doesn’t make anyone around him better. He’s been pancaked more then he has sacks. I know, he’s playing hurt.

News flash, everyones playing hurt this time of year. The greats rise up, they get a stop, they don’t get chewed out on the sideline by their position coach. Our D played better the week before without him. As the clock ticks, McCoy will only get worse, not better.
-------
I too wanted Donald, but we had too many other holes to fill after years of poor drafting. Donald appears to be everything GMC was supposed to be. I’ve posted in the past that GMC is a bust based on his production vs draft spot and cap cost, and was flamed for doing it. But at this stage it’s clear.

One ? worth asking is how much poor coaching and changing scheme have contributed but at the end of the day he just hasn’t put up the #s. While many heralded our new front office, the same is true of ASJ, Simms and others including Evans being a ? given his drops and inconsistency. The cumulative effect of bad personnel decisions continues to weigh on this franchise. If our LT ends up playing G in two seasons that will be yet another one.
--------
Imagine him in the game when McCoy and the rest of the DL were getting humiliated?
--------
Checked out their boards, they arent even worried about him lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.bucschat.com/topic/39498-bucsrams-prediction/

Bucs/Rams Prediction

tumblr_m8deobFQX11qi2dozo1_500.png

--------
But, for whom?
-------
Our eyes?
-------
No qwan. no vjax.

27-10 Rams
--------
24-23 Bucs
--------
Rams always give us trouble for whatever reason, I predict back to back L's
-------
Yep back to back. First and second half. Four straight Ls if you go by quarter.
------
http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1329236.0.html

Is A Ram Win Really Reasonable??

MLB a real problem with backup Carter injured.

DL ravaged---signing Bowers underscored the problems.

WR down to Evans.

More experiments at CB. Jenkins and Tandy competing at Nickle Back.

I hope Winston can be remarkable but with Cherilus and D. Smith allowing a lot of pressures

Winston may do a lot of scrambling.

The overall picture doesn't look favorable.
--------
Answer: No
-------
As in is it reasonable to expect us to win or the rams to win?

I can't see the rams winning tbh. They can't throw the ball and we are great at run stopping. Their points will have to come from Austin slants and defensive TDs. Just don't really see it.
-------
Well, we do have a tendency to make crappy QB's look like hall or famers. Watch Them post 350 and 4 TD's on us....
-------
Will the Bucs be good at stopping the run (Gurley) with our front 7 affected by injuries??
--------
Short week, on the road, too many rookies that are not used to this much season. We are not winning tomorrow night.
---------
injuries give loser lovie supporters all the ammo they need to explain away an embarrassing loss.
---------
This is pathetic, nothing but excuses. Show me one team that is 'full strength' right now. Every team faces injuries. We still have our best players available, if we can't win then the loss is on those guys that are lacing them up on Sundays and the loser Lovie.
--------
I think a short week helps us. Their best offensive player is a rookie so he's just as tired as ours are and he takes more beatings as a RB.

They also don't have a ton of time to try to cram wrinkles into Keenums brain. We're going to get a shell game Keenum and a tired Girley. Their offense is going to be atrocious.
---------
http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/srs-pick-6-buccaneers-at-rams/

EVANSCOLORRUSH-820x546.jpg

Bucs WR Mike Evans needs to have a big game on Thursday in St. Louis - Photo courtesy of the Buccaneers

SR’s Pick 6: Buccaneers at Rams
by Scott Reynolds - Publisher

The 6-7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a chance to get back to .500 with a win over 4-9 St. Louis Rams on Thursday. What are the six things PewterReport.com’s Scott Reynolds is looking for in Tampa Bay’s upcoming game? Find out right here in SR’s Pick 6.

Who: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at St. Louis Rams
Where: Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, Mo.
When: 8:25 p.m. ET – NFL Network
Last meeting: 19-17 loss at Tampa Bay in 2014
Series notes: Rams have a 12-8 advantage over Bucs all-time

1. OVERCOME THE INJURIES
Perhaps no phrase has been uttered more this week at One Buccaneer Place than “next man up.” Tampa Bay’s defense has been depleted with injuries over the past month with linebacker Lavonte David battling an ankle injury, defensive tackle Gerald McCoy suffering a broken hand and defensive end Jacquies Smith rehabbing a hamstring injury.

McCoy missed the Bucs’ win over the Falcons, but returned to action against the Saints with a cast on and was ineffective. David played well against the Saints and had 11 tackles, while Smith might return on Thursday after missing the last two games. But as fate would have it, the Bucs lost three more starters in Sunday’s 24-17 loss to the Saints. Nose tackle Akeem Spence and middle linebacker Bruce Carter suffered ankle injuries, while wide receiver Vincent Jackson re-injured his knee.

Carter’s injury and Kwon Alexander’s suspension means that Danny Lansanah must move over to the middle from his strongside linebacker role. Orie Lemon will likely replace Lansanah and start at the Sam linebacker spot. Tony McDaniel figures to get the start at nose tackle next to McCoy with Henry Melton and Will Gholston being used for depth.

Newly signed Da’Quan Bowers will also get about 15-20 snaps to help shore up the interior of Tampa Bay’s defensive line. At wide receiver, Mike Evans will likely see more double coverage without Jackson, which means the Bucs need to have Donteea Dye and Adam Humphries step up and make a few clutch catches.
Advantage: Rams

Rams RB Todd Gurley – Photo by: Getty Images

2. BUCS RUSH DEFENSE MUST RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Tampa Bay enters Thursday night’s game with the NFL’s seventh-best rushing defense, allowing an average of 94.1 yards per game. But given the fact that the Bucs defensive front seven is so injury-riddled, don’t believe that stat.

Tampa Bay couldn’t stop New Orleans’ Tim Hightower when it mattered most – late in the fourth quarter as he picked up 28 of his 85 yards on seven carries as the Saints picked up three first downs and ran the final 4:13 off the clock in New Orleans’ 24-17 win at Raymond James Stadium. What are the Bucs going to do against Rams rookie Todd Gurley?

Gurley, the 6-foot-1, 227-pound brute of a running back, is St. Louis’ first-round pick and he’s the driving force of the Rams offense. With 975 yards and eight touchdowns on 189 carries (5.2 avg.), Gurley helped the Rams snap a five-game losing streak with 140 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries (8.8 avg.) in a 21-14 victory over the Detroit Lions.

The Rams have four wins this year, and haven’t won a game in which Gurley hasn’t gone over 100 yards. Gurley has five 100-yard games and if he tops the century mark against the Bucs on Thursday night the Rams may very well be on their way to a 5-8 mark.

3. DIAL UP THE DOUBLE-TIGHT FORMATION
The loss of Jackson hurts Tampa Bay’s passing game and puts more pressure on quarterback Jameis Winston and Dye and Humphries, a pair of rookie receivers that have had their ups and downs this season. The key to helping the Bucs rookie quarterback could be in deploying a two-tight end set on the field with Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Cameron Brate as pass catchers.

The Bucs have typically used offensive lineman Kevin Pamphile as an extra tight end on blocking plays to help Doug Martin get to the perimeter, but having Seferian-Jenkins and Brate on the field at the same time gives Winston two viable targets in the passing game as well as the threat of running Martin against the Rams’ base defense. Seferian-Jenkins and Brate aren’t as good at perimeter blocking as Pamphile or Luke Stocker are, but this is a formation that gives the Bucs’ a less predictable run-pass option and sets up Winston to use play action.
Advantage: Buccaneers

Bucs QB Jameis Winston – Photo courtesy of the Bucs

4. WINSTON NEEDS TO WIN THE TOP ROOKIE AWARD IN PRIME TIME
Winston struggled to throw the ball in windy conditions at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, but weather and wind won’t be a factor in St. Louis’ domed stadium. Winston needs to be more accurate and put on a show in his first nationally televised regular season NFL game on Thursday Night Football – not only to help his team win, but to take home the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year honors. That’s an award that you can only win once, and Winston, Tennessee quarterback Marcus Mariota and Gurley are all in contention.

If Gurley goes off for 150 yards and two more touchdowns against Tampa Bay, that would put him over 1,000 yards with 10 touchdowns on the year, as well as edge him closer to Martin (1,214 yards) and Adrian Peterson (1,251 yards) for the league’s rushing title. Winston could use a multiple touchdown game and to have Martin outgain Gurley to help his cause and stake his claim to the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award. If the Bucs accomplish that they’ll improve to 7-7 and still be in the postseason conversation.
Advantage: Buccaneers

5. NO MORE YELLOW
There will already be enough yellow at Edward Jones Dome on Thursday night with the Rams’ garish all-yellow uniforms in the NFL’s latest Color Rush game. The last thing the nation needs to see is more yellow – as in penalties. Last Sunday’s game between Tampa Bay and New Orleans was a flag fest with the Saints getting flagged 12 times and the Bucs charged with eight infractions.
Tampa Bay still leads the league with 125 penalties for 1,027 – an average of nearly 10 per game for 79 yards.

The Bucs have the fifth-most penalized player in the NFL at right tackle Gosder Cherilus, who has 10, followed closely by wide receiver Mike Evans and guard Logan Mankins, who each have eight. St. Louis is the fifth-most penalized team with 101 for 857 yards. The less-penalized team on Thursday Night Football should win because of the first rule of football is to not beat yourself.

Rams DT Aaron Donald – Photo by: Getty Images

6. DOUBLE-TEAM DONALD
There used to be a day when defensive ends Robert Quinn and Chris Long were the most dangerous pass rushers in St. Louis. Now it’s second-year defensive tackle Aaron Donald, who has 11 sacks on the year, including three in last week’s 21-14 win over Detroit. Long and Quinn, who is battling a back injury and hasn’t practiced this week, have seven combined sacks and have to be respected. But Donald needs to get the most serious attention from offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter.

Indianapolis got a lot of pressure up the middle in Winston’s face against center Joe Hawley and right guard Evan Smith in a 25-12 loss on the road a few weeks ago, and the Colts’ interior defensive linemen weren’t as talented as Donald is. Ali Marpet is in the lineup at right guard, so that should help Hawley double-team Donald when he is lined up on the right side. If Donald is matched up against aging veteran Logan Mankins, who has lost some quickness, that could spell trouble for Tampa Bay.

SR’s Prediction: Rams 23, Bucs 20
---------
If the Bucs can come out hot and put 10-14 points on the board early, the Rams may limit Gurley’s carries and that might help win this game for the Bucs. If Gurley gets a lot of carries, I think the Bucs are in trouble. It’ll be interesting to see the Color Rush as well…
--------
It’s a toss up and the advantage is to the Rams, but it is also time for us to have some luck. I say we squeeze out a win 16-13 Bucs.
--------
I’m not holding out a lotta hope at this point. Where we stand now, we’re capable of only beating very bad teams.

The Rams are on the cusp of being good, with a decent QB they could make some noise. While we’re substantially better than last season we have an extremely long way to go to be competitive week in and week out. I was hoping we were after the Falcons game, but the team proved me wrong.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a short week helps us. Their best offensive player is a rookie so he's just as tired as ours are and he takes more beatings as a RB.

They also don't have a ton of time to try to cram wrinkles into Keenums brain. We're going to get a shell game Keenum and a tired Girley. Their offense is going to be atrocious.

Little do they know that our offense is always atrocious...short week or not. :LOL:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If Gurley gets a lot of carries, I think the Bucs are in trouble

So do I.
I was looking at the teams the bucks have played and I didn't see many great running backs.
I think that #2 rushing defense could take a big hit Thursday night.
Gurley, should be unleashed with reckless abandon on these guys.

RamzFanz

Damnit
One thing working in Keenum's favor -- the Rams have allowed an NFL-low 16 sacks this season, though oddly, also the fourth-highest number of quarterback hits at 89 on the season.

I attribute this to Foles throwing the ball away a lot and actually being decent at moving in the pocket. It's not the line stopping them.

“He told me [Donald] was on the same level as J.J. Watt,” Koetter said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “I thought to myself, ‘Wow, that’s hard to believe.’ Then it came my time to watch the tape and I said, ‘Oh, wow. He’s on the same level as J.J. Watt.’ This guy is having a fantastic year. Definitely a game-wrecker for this game.”

Finally some real respect!

Checked out their boards, they arent even worried about him lol

Because we worry about every DL, makes no difference who it is.

I can't see the rams winning tbh. They can't throw the ball and we are great at run stopping. Their points will have to come from Austin slants and defensive TDs. Just don't really see it.

Uh, yeah, no need to worry about Austin getting the ball. That's a no no.

The 6-7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a chance to get back to .500 with a win over 4-9 St. Louis Rams on Thursday.

Maybe he wrote this before the Detroit game and just assumed a loss? I mean, that's fair.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The thing I notice about fans from other sucky teams is they comment their despair just like us but are funnier! We need to step up our game!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BucsChat said:
The 6-7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a chance to get back to .500 with a win over 4-9 St. Louis Rams on Thursday.
:gtfo::liar::wtf:
I do believe they are shorting us a game, which we can't afford, those dirty rotten bastids!:shooting:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.bucschat.com/topic/39498-bucsrams-prediction/

Bucs/Rams Prediction

Another Penalty Fest and Lovie's chicken shit defense

means another loss....20-16 Rams
--------
I have no idea.

Depends on which Rams team shows up.

I think the Bucs are more consistent.

On top of that, there will be more Buc fans than Ram fans at the game.

Bucs will win, I believe.
--------
Hoping we see a heavy dose of Doug Martin to wear down their pass rush a bit.
--------
I don't see another win this yr..
ohcrap.gif

--------
Which team has the best DT will determine the game.

I'd bet on Donald over GMC
--------
I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves on National Television!
--------
Great, there might be 10-15 thousand people there, tops!
facepalm.gif

-------
This is a bounce back game for us. . .. I predict we see this team take a step forward on both sides of the ball

Hard to say if we win or lose - but at least look competitive against a team we SHOULD beat
-------
No Kwon in the middle and Gurley running the ball could be a bad combination.

There is one thing this defense needs to do and that is stop the run. Force the Rams to beat you through the air. Whatcha got Lovie??

On offense we need to throw early to set up the run. I have faith in Kotter..Lovie, not so much.

wz7cvctmcna4yqzhlyab.gif

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
SR’s Pick 6: Buccaneers at Rams
by Scott Reynolds

"with a win over 4-9 St. Louis Rams on Thursday"

Maybe he is from an alternate universe or maybe this Reynolds dude is just an idiot.
He really needs to do better on checking the facts (Spoiler Rams are 5-8).
WOW, embarrassingly sloppy-bad journalism!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Funny. Bucs fans don't even say much when you are in their house wearing Rams gear.