What am I missing?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jeff Saturday just said that Philadelphia is a much better long term place to play for a young QB. He said because they have two stud TEs, two former starting QBs as coaches, two big stud tackles, and a plethora of weapons.

My take, first time head coach, very shaky OLine play, no top RB, and one WR. I'll give him the TEs being pretty good, but studs? First time head coach or Fish e, is a toss up. Plethora of weapons? No McCoy, no DJax, no Macklin. I don't think the Eagles is really any better. TE Rams could get a wr/te and have weapons equal to Philly's. Gurley and Tavon together cancel out the Eagles current weapons IMO. Screw you Saturday.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Jeff Saturday just said that Philadelphia is a much better long term place to play for a young QB. He said because they have two stud TEs, two former starting QBs as coaches, two big stud tackles, and a plethora of weapons.

My take, first time head coach, very shaky OLine play, no top RB, and one WR. I'll give him the TEs being pretty good, but studs? First time head coach or Fish e, is a toss up. Plethora of weapons? No McCoy, no DJax, no Macklin. I don't think the Eagles is really any better. TE Rams could get a wr/te and have weapons equal to Philly's. Gurley and Tavon together cancel out the Eagles current weapons IMO. Screw you Saturday.
And one more thing ( You can trust me on this because I just Drafted for them here on the ROD Mock Draft!) Their "D" Sucks! Can't keep the opponent off the Field, Let alone Stop them from Scoring! And They where one of the worst Scoring D's in the League Last Year!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Screw you Saturday.

I concur and I always liked Jeff Saturday until reading this....I understand that the Eagles have a more offensive friendly coaching staff, one would hope most would say Los Angeles is better for defensive players because of Fisher, Williams & staff. But I sure do get tired of Pro Philadelphia stuff.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
Sounds odd. Its funny even discussing which team is a better place to develop a QB's skill is in contention.

Good Lord. This media machine is in overtime! I heard today the media hype has surpassed any draft in history.

It seems to me that based on what the Eagles have said, they would sit the new QB a year. He routinely did that with the Packers. New QB literally every year.

I'm not well versed in this area so my opinion means squat.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are you kidding? Philly is the best place for a young QB
Look at all those Superbowl Trophies!
TH%20trophy%20case%20empty.jpg

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
If we are assuming Fisher is gone at the end of the year, then yes this is a good place for a young QB. If he's still here, I would agree with Saturday

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
A good running game is a quarterback's best friend and it doesn't get much better than Gurley. If the O-line can develop and stay healthy then we will have a scary rushing attack and defenses won't be able to just focus on rushing the passer. We need some help at receiver but Tavon is great and Britt is solid.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Sean Ohara, Simon Wilcoks and Charlie Casserly were just on NFL network and said the same thing about the Eagles.......... Than asked about the Rams and said that they were very young and up and coming. Asked about the weapons they mentioned Gurley and than the wide receivers and all you heard was crickets and shrugged shoulders.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
The media just doesn't see the ship sinking in Philly yet, until it does, they still see it as a top landing spot for players

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I don't necessarily agree, but remember, they play in the NFC East which has for years now found ways for all of those teams to shoot themselves in the foot. If all of the Giants' huge FA acquisitions don't pan out, they're in Cap Hell... If Romo goes down... they're sunk again... and Washington is a solid, but not great team that's right where they should be at around 9-7.

If the Eagles' changes on D pan out (that's a big if, I think their trades were addition by subtraction), they really could own that division for a while.

Again, I don't necessarily agree with the path of what Saturday is saying, but where he ends up isn't necessarily wrong, especially considering the division.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know. I think people are selling the Rams O-line short. They had rough going early in the season, but I thought there was real improvement towards the end. They could actually be pretty good. They're in a lot better shape there than they have in a long time. The key is GRob. If the light goes on for him they can be more than pretty good. And for his part, he's working hard to get there. No lack of effort on his part.

I will concede we have problems at the receiver position. Tavon is the explosive player who really improved in year 3. He can do a lot of things. But the one thing he's not good at is lining up, running a good route and picking up that key first down. Britt will make some occasional big plays. Quick is more a bump on a log. Good blocker but disappears for long periods in the pass game. Pretty much a non factor most games. Bailey was the only guy who could run routes with good hands. But we don't even know if he can play. And he did have problems with separation due to lack of speed.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
QB friendly and better for a QB work different ways. Is Philly more QB friendly? Sure, you have Jordan Matthews, Agholor, that knucklehead Riley something or another, plus Ertz. Gotta admit anyone counting Celek as a stud is being pretty generous or reliving his glory days like 5 years ago.

On the flip side, better for a QB in LA could mean you're going to have some pressure relieved by that defense and running game. If it goes to plan, you should be playing with a lead more often than not. And the weather in LA shouldn't be as much of a factor as say, Philly.

All depends on how you want to look at it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just my opinion but Pederson runs a more QB friendly scheme and the QB they draft will have the opportunity to sit and learn as a rookie which can be a big benefit. I can see why someone would consider it a better situation. But I think LA is still a great situation for a #1 overall pick. And I'd take it over Philly, personally, because of how little pressure there will be on the QB to carry the team.

We already have Gurley and a defense. The QB won't be asked to throw it 600 times a year to compensate for other deficiencies.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Good point on the last line. I'd argue about the OLine though. Their interior is not good. I'd take Saffold, Reynolds, Brown, Wichman in any combination inside, especially if Saffold returns to his OG form from 2014.

QB friendly and better for a QB work different ways. Is Philly more QB friendly? Sure, you have Jordan Matthews, Agholor, that knucklehead Riley something or another, plus Ertz. Gotta admit anyone counting Celek as a stud is being pretty generous or reliving his glory days like 5 years ago.

On the flip side, better for a QB in LA could mean you're going to have some pressure relieved by that defense and running game. If it goes to plan, you should be playing with a lead more often than not. And the weather in LA shouldn't be as much of a factor as say, Philly.

Philly fans certainly are not QB friendly

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Philly has the offensive coaches a new QB would prefer, so it's a pretty good landing spot for a rookie QB. And there's some good receiving weapons.

Rams aren't bad either though. They have a defense and a running game, and a young OL with talent. Coaches are tbd on offense, but whoever gets drafted by them might find himself in a great situation.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Don't forget The Rams are playing on actual grass. Don't know about that stuff during a drought though.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
Are you kidding? Philly is the best place for a young QB
Look at all those Superbowl Trophies!
TH%20trophy%20case%20empty.jpg
Let me re-phrase it and say which coaching staff is a better place to develop a QB. Petersons staff wins hands down.
He did ok with Favre and Rogers.