What a difference a month makes.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Les Snead (February 24, 2013): "I have not looked at any QBs in free agency or the draft. So zero percent of my scouting time budget allotted [sic] has been spent on quarterbacks. That should answer your question."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-interviews/0ap2000000144888/Rams-general-manager-Snead-We-ve-got-to-get-weapons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-in ... et-weapons</a>

[textarea]Pro Days: Barkley gets passing grade, but others steal the show

By Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com
March 27, 2013

(Matt) Barkley completed his passes to fellow 2013 hopefuls Robert Woods and running back Curtis McNeal, as well as former USC wideout Travon Patterson and tight end Dominique Byrd.

Only five of the 60-plus passes Barkley threw hit the ground, with two of those being perfectly thrown passes which slipped through the fingers of Woods and Byrd, respectively.

"I was impressed by the number of passes [Barkley] threw today," said St. Louis general manager Les Snead. "Since he was injured to end his career, this was his recital. It was an overall very good day for him."

Snead was one of three general managers on hand. Chicago's Phil Emery and Jacksonville's David Caldwell also attended.

Caldwell was one of several representatives from the Jaguars, including senior vice president Tony Khan, head coach Gus Bradley and offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21960061/pro-day-barkley-gets-passing-grade-but-others-steal-the-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog ... l-the-show</a>[/textarea]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think Matt Barkely throws exactly like Sam Bradford. Just the style and motion of his throws.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
[textarea]Jim Trotter | Sports Illustrated

Barkley's best quality is said to be his football intelligence, poise and leadership ability. But at some point the NFL game comes down to whether a quarterback can fit a pass into a small window, stand in the pocket and beat the blitz, or make a play on the move. Those are the unknowns.

Pro days are supposed to be gimmes. Quarterbacks spend weeks going over the script, throwing the same routes to the same receivers, over and over.

"This should be a pristine day compared to the Combine, where you might throw to three different receivers in four drills," Rams general manager Les Snead said. "This day should have timing and be perfectly clean."

Read More: <a class="postlink" href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130327/matt-bakley-pro-day-usc-nfl-draft/#ixzz2Oqr3LUKW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2Oqr3LUKW</a>[/textarea]

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Meh, what would be the point?

Thrawn

UDFA
The Dude said:
Les Snead (February 24, 2013): "I have not looked at any QBs in free agency or the draft. So zero percent of my scouting time budget allotted [sic] has been spent on quarterbacks. That should answer your question."

I think he was really there looking at other prospects. There were two guys catching passes that we should have been looking at, in addition to many other prospects that don't play QB.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Dude said:
Faceplant said:
Meh, what would be the point?
Of what?

Of scouting Barkley as if you were going to draft him. Why would we want to draft another "mediocre" QB was my point.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thrawn said:
The Dude said:

I think he was really there looking at other prospects. There were two guys catching passes that we should have been looking at, in addition to many other prospects that don't play QB.

This makes more sense than Snead scouting Barkley....

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
They were scouting Woods, which is going in the second round...I would be happy if we draft him in the 2nd round

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BuiltRamTough said:
They were scouting Woods, which is going in the second round...I would be happy if we draft him in the 2nd round
Yep. I didn't read enough of that article. I got as far as Snead, and I misinterpreted it as Barkley's Pro Day being the sole reason for him being there. I was wrrr... wrrrr........ mistaken. Robert Woods, T.J. McDonald, Drew McAllister, Nickell Robey and Khaled Holmes could have been some of the reasons as well.

Mah bad.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BuiltRamTough said:
Apology accepted.Trust denied
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OryHLWVn4mk[/youtube]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I KNEW IT!

The Dude's a troll.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Read an article from Russ Lande about USC's pro day. He said Robert Woods had an awesome day. He displayed good agility, ran great routes, showed off his hands, and look pro ready.

If we dont address WR in the first, which I fully expect us to do, I would jump all over Woods if he was available at 46

jap

Legend
libertadrocks said:
Read an article from Russ Lande about USC's pro day. He said Robert Woods had an awesome day. He displayed good agility, ran great routes, showed off his hands, and look pro ready.

If we dont address WR in the first, which I fully expect us to do, I would jump all over Woods if he was available at 46

I've been hyping Woods from last year's draft. I love the efficient, clean route running, natural pluckers who plays the game as well with their head as they do with their hands and feet. :ww:

We got a man child in Brian Quick, two TE's with decent hands in Cook/Hendricks, a warp speed blazer in Chris Givens, a slot guy with great hands and quick reflexes in Austin Pettis, and at least one RB with decent hands in Isaiah Pead.

We only have 3 WR's on the current roster so we need to reload big time. I want Sam to get all the good-to-great route runners he can get. I expect the Rams to draft 2-3 WR's in this draft, plus add some undrafted WR FA's afterward. Robert Woods is a great example of a high value pick.

Speeps

Starter
There's a guy named Robert Woods who plays at USC, and who Barkley was throwing too. I doubt Snead was looking at Barkley.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JIMERAMS said:
CGI_Ram said:
I KNEW IT!

The Dude's a troll.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

:omg: :omg: :omg: :lmao: :lmao:
james-franco-wink_zps0a1fb788.gif