What 49ers fans are saying(Games 1 and 2)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179745-san-francisco-49ers-st-louis-rams-pregame-thread/

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ST. LOUIS RAMS PREGAME THREAD (Week 6)

Onward to Week 6, 49ers are now 3-2, hopefully to make it 4-2 but the Rams aren't pushovers, they nearly came back versus Philly today and Austin Davis has looked quite capable at quarterback. On the other hand, they have a very anemic pass rush and their defense has not been playing up to par at all. Looks like another good week to pound the ball with Gore and Hyde.
-----------
Austin Davis and a wild rollout followed by a brilliant throw.
----------
Rams fans are savaging their coaches pretty good.

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/ive-come-alarming-conclusion-55754/

The Rams are poorly coached. I firmly believe that, and for a guy who really likes Jeff Fisher, I find it painful to acknowledge. This team looked more prepared and innovative two years ago, when we were running fake punts from our own 20 and taking the hated Whiners to OT twice. Now, they spend too much of the game looking like the proverbial deer in the headlights and failing to learn from their mistakes. I knew going in what kind of coach Fisher was. A battler. Someone who would bring attitude to the Rams. A guy whose teams would compete even if undermanned. But I see the Rams regressing three years into his tenure.

All week I joined in a spirited discussion on this board about penalties. And today, many of my points were driven home. Ten more infractions. I challenge anyone on this forum who watched today's game to show me those penalties were unfair or ridiculous. Illegal Contact in the secondary. Blocks in the back on special teams. False starts. While players need to shoulder some responsibility, this is once again a reflection of Jeff Fisher, who apparently must tell his guys "listen, get away with as much as you can all game in the hopes that officials only call us on it 10-12 times". I mean, when is it finally time to stress sound fundamental football and limit mistakes?

Gregg Williams is a joke. Despite his defensive pedigree and past productivity at other places, he looks like a complete fool with what his defense has provided us thus far. Larry Marmie could give us what Gregg Williams has given us 5 weeks into the season.

Schottenheimer isn't the world's worst OC as some would have us believe, but he isn't part of the solution either. Bland. Uninteresting. An inability to incorporate talent or use one's skill set (Austin) to the fullest. We hired a guy who was part of a bad offense in NY and hoped he have an epiphany in St. Louis. Brilliant.

-----------
Don't over look the Rams, they hate us enough to make them play better

Should be a close game as usual
----------
They have a horrific run defense. We need to give them a steady dose of Gore and Hyde.
---------
The Rams have 1..........yes 1 sack on the entire season thus far.
dazed.gif

St Louis is averaging 4.2 yards per carry.

Opponents are averaging 4.9 yards per carry.

Rams haven't given up a lot of passing yards but have been beaten on the ground pretty good.

This sounds like a job for.........

stiffarm.jpg

---------
Rams - 38
49ers - 5
---------
As long as we don't play to a damn tie..

We have to squeeze the life out of this team early and often.. Don't chance every thing in a close 4th qtr game when a dumb penalty or turnover can cost us the game..

No reason niners shouldn't be 4-2 after next Sunday..
----------
Roman says: They think we will come out running so we will come out passing. Then when we start running and running well we will out think them by thinking about running some more but actually passing it. Go with what's not working.
------------
h379CCCED

-------------
trap game.
-----------
Nah, a trap game is against the Raiders. A divisional game should never be considered a trap game.
------------
I still haven't seen the 49ers play at a level where they can beat the Broncos, Seattle or SD.

The Rams game could be a good start to build the momentum.

Also, the next 4 out of 5 games are on the road...hoping for the best.
-----------
Rams have a terrible run defense and only one sack all season?

You know what that means

4-5wr sets majority of the time
-----------
At least we don't have to worry about Jonathan Martin facing Chris Long.
-----------
Rams are a different team at home. Their pass rush amps it up. Cannot take them lightly, especially in a divisional game. A crappier version of this team almost beat Seattle last year with Clemens starting for STL.
----------
easy w
----------
If Michael Sam was still with them, this would be his breakout game.
---------
This team worries me almost as much as the Seahawks. They've had our number for a while now. Hope the coaches keep the players focused because it would be easy for them to look past them to the big matchup the following week.
---------
We are doomed.
---------
Austin Davis the QB can do some pretty good things. Threw for 300+ yds and 3 TDs against Philly, even though it was mostly because Lambs were behind about 31-7 in second half. But they need to be ready for his ability to make some good plays. Their D has underachieved obviously so you could think Gregg Williams will be telling them stuff like "take out Crab's knee and hit the head (concuss Gore) circa 2012 playoffs. What a scumbag. Niners 27-16.
----------
The Rams are doing some sort of celebration to the "greatest show on turf" during this game so they'll be ready to play. 49ers are gonna have to come out strong.
---------
49ers favored by only -3.5 WTF something is up.
---------
Its a home game for the Rams, I don't think the spread will jump much farther. Historically, games with the Rams are close.
---------
It would be very nice to get a good lead early and run off the clock, as we have a short week following with another away game vs the Broncos.

The Rams are pesky! But we cleaned up our act significantly last game (more to come in Shootin' Ourselves In The Foot later this week). If we play our game and have our 3-headed monster rushing attack with Gore, Hyde, and Kap, we should be able to dominate time of possession and grind out the road win.

I also love how we're spreading the ball around. That being said, we need to utilize Crabtree more. And hopefully Davis is getting back to health!
----------
Who is this Austin Davis? 3 TDs and 375 yards, that's a great day for a back-up QB (and one that I'll admit I've never heard of).
Our D'd better not underestimate this guy.
Might there be a QB controversy brewing soon in STL?
--------
No because he's their only QB. This is Bradford's contract year, so it's incredibly unlikely he'll return... And Shawn Hill's noodle arm is noodlier!

So until the Rams draft a QB I'm the first round next year, Davis is the guy.
--------
This is another one of those games where the opponent has trouble stopping the run. The Rams' defense is 29th in the league against the run allowing 152.5 yards per game. Strangely, they're #1 against the pass giving up 192 per game. But, on the other hand, they're 30th in the league in points allowed at 29.8 points per game. But the weirdest thing to me about this Rams defense is that they're last in the league in sacks with only 1 over their first four games.
---------
Well according to the stats this is going to be an easy game, BUT, I'm not going to believe it. The play-calling could easily screw it up for the niners.
---------
I don't see it as an easy game. Teams have a way of getting healthy in sacks on this Niner line. And, the Rams offense is not bad this year.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I shudder to think what gore will do to us in this game.
Also, Kap will rush like a beast and we couldn't even tackle Romo.
Can't see anything but a niners win here.

28-10 Niners.
maybe 14-10 if we're lucky.. But we're still going 1-4

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's strange to hear praise about our offense and hearing our defense sucks

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We're wearing our throwbacks this game I believe, not the dreaded blueberries, so we won't have to overcome those horrific things and their bad vibes.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The whiners are just what this pass rush needs.
Kap can't read defenses and will hold on to the ball long enough for Quinn and Donald to do some damage.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Let me just say this...

Recently I've seen some opposing fans join in here to talk a little trash during the week leading up to the game. Hell, I think the cowgirl fan is still lingering around here,,, at least I assume that's the stench I'm still smelling. I've purposely stayed away from these fools up until this point. That shit ain't gonna happen if a whiner bitch posts here. I have standards.

Shit will get very ugly.

I and I,

Out.

Athos

Legend
We're wearing our throwbacks this game I believe, not the dreaded blueberries, so we won't have to overcome those horrific things and their bad vibes.

Time to burn the blueberries. Nothing but shame and misery when we wear them.

Aren't we undefeated with the throwbacks or am I just totally off base?

jjab360

Legend
Rams have played much better in the throwbacks the past couple years. We have a team good enough to compete with anyone in the league, and this 49ers team is overrated. If we can cut down on the mistakes, who knows?

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I just want penalties kept to a minimum. If we do that we're in this game and anything can happen.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Time to burn the blueberries. Nothing but shame and misery when we wear them.

Aren't we undefeated with the throwbacks or am I just totally off base?

I know we lost against the Titans in throwbacks last season.

Historically though, it feels like we always play much better in our throwbacks. Maybe dumpster fires are just more exciting to watch in brighter colors though.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Just WIN! What's Important Now! Beat the whiners back the Bay Area!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This will be the game that really evaluates Davis as a starting QB. Playing in a Monday Night spotlight against a pretty good defense is not something every QB can overcome.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
just another Rams year bro. FUBAR every year. something always flips upside down and changes. zero consistency. and yes you cant post threads about it but ive seen the articles lately, the LA whispers are getting louder.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

It makes a knot in my heart. The football Gods have a sick sense of humor. That's the only thing that makes sense, anymore.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
If the Rams have any pride or dignity they'll win this game. Maybe I'm crazy but I can't see us dropping a big divisional game and going to 1-4. This team has more balls than that.