We're in...again.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Cardinals have clinched the final wild card slot. It'll be a one game playoff against the Braves. We'll probably rest our starters (especially Molina) in the last Cincy game.

Okay, Cards...let's see if you've got more magic in you.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
The Dodgers made too many big mistakes towards the end of the game and it cost them.

Cards/Braves should be a great game.

Who is the favorite to win it all? It seems to be pretty wide open this year.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JdashSTL said:
The Dodgers made too many big mistakes towards the end of the game and it cost them.

Yes, that one game playoff should be good. We're likely going up against Medlen (a pitcher who set a record for consecutive wins), and their lineup is much more solid than given credit for. It should be a good matchup.

Favorites...I have no idea. Like you said, it just seems so wide open. Every team looks dangerous, even if some of them aren't quite ready for primetime (Orioles, Nationals, Athletics), but they all have significant weaknesses as well. I have no idea what to think of with the Nationals. They have to pitch Strasburg in the playoffs; they'd be idiotic not to do that. I just wonder how he'll play after such a long layoff. But they have a dangerous offense and two other really good pitchers in Gonzalez and Zimmermann, so they'll be a threat. Reds are a credible threat, but they have a lot of young players they're relying on. I don't think the O's or A's have a snowflake's chance in hell to win it, but stranger things have happened. The Tigers have Cabrera and Verlander, the Yankees have a potent offense and Sabathia, but neither of them have much else. The Rangers have struggled with their rotation and bullpen, the Cardinals and Braves have been hot and cold, and the Giants have great pitching, but no offense other than Posey and Sandoval.

I have no idea who could win. There are no favorites this year.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
JdashSTL said:

I think if the Cards can win the play in match they have just as good of a shot as any team to make the World Series again. They have the starting pitching, especially now that Carpenter is back. It's the offense that might concern me, but if they put a bit of a hot streak together they can go deep into the playoffs and possibly win again.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm going to bump this thread...but to be honest, I should've done that earlier.

How about those Cards, huh? It's not every day that you see a baseball team outscore another team 22-7 in a playoff series. Cardinals are rolling right now; all we need is this one win.

Let's go, Cardinals!

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Memento said:
I'm going to bump this thread...but to be honest, I should've done that earlier.

How about those Cards, huh? It's not every day that you see a baseball team outscore another team 22-7 in a playoff series. Cardinals are rolling right now; all we need is this one win.

Let's go, Cardinals!

Carpenter is a beast...

Dude doesnt have anything close to his best stuff, yet he goes up there and puts up zeros through 5 and 2/3.

Sucks Jamie is hurt and will have to have surgery. I dont think there is much of a drop off between him and Lynn tho. Especially the way Lynn has been throwing as of late.

Memento

Name
Jemma
libertadrocks said:
Memento said:

Let's go, Cardinals!

Carpenter is a beast...

Dude doesnt have anything close to his best stuff, yet he goes up there and puts up zeros through 5 and 2/3.

Sucks Jamie is hurt and will have to have surgery. I dont think there is much of a drop off between him and Lynn tho. Especially the way Lynn has been throwing as of late.

I agree. I didn't think Carpenter would ever pitch again after the surgery he had, let alone this year. He completely proved me wrong, and I'm glad he did.

Yeah, it sucks that he's hurt, but it's worse that he didn't let management know that he was hurt. It could've cost us a win. We're lucky to have the bullpen we have.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
All 4 of the division series went to a game 5, and theres just 2 more games today. This postseason has been incredibly competitive.

Memento

Name
Jemma
JdashSTL said:
All 4 of the division series went to a game 5, and theres just 2 more games today. This postseason has been incredibly competitive.

Yep. Every team has put up a fight against their opponent. I never thought that this series would be anything less than five games, but I didn't expect to see it all across the league. Every game in this postseason has been worth watching.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Dang that game put the RALLY in RALLY SQUIRREL!!!

LET'S GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
That was amazing. They were down to their last strike. Again. When they were down 6-0 part of me was thinking "if they lose, this puts all the focus on the rams now" haha. They slowly start coming back and I thought the Nats were getting pretty lucky when they were leaving pitchers in too long and not getting burned badly by it. The Cards bullpen was fantastic. For this team to keep on rolling without Pujols, La Russa, and Berkman just speaks volumes about the whole organization.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I'll confess: I can't ever root for another team to repeat as Champions (except, of course, my Dodgers). That said, my hatred for the Giants knows no boundaries, especially after the stupidity of the Giants' following their 2010 title--trying to switch opening day of 2011 at Dodger Stadium to Qualcom, and incidentally their handing out of WS rings, just to rub the Dodgers' nose in it. It didn't happen, but I can't forget that they tried.

I want--need--the Cards to efficiently and quickly finish off the Giants.

Memento

Name
Jemma
...I have no words. I cannot believe what I just saw. It's just so improbable, so impossible...but they did it all the same. This team - my team - will not go quietly into the night.