We're All Going To Die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Good god, looking at some of the threads on the other "rams talk" you would think there were nuclear missiles launched and on the way. It was the first preseason game of the year. I missed most of the first half because I worked, but I went back and watched it after the game.

It was clear that the Rams were not game planning at all for this game. The Colts O-line held the Rams on nearly every play, and even then they were still getting some penetration. The Colts wanted this one a lot more than the Rams did, and it showed.

Sam looked OK, but the 4th down pass looked bad. The starting O didn't have enough time to gel. I remember Martz (I think it was him anyway) used to keep the starters in until they scored. Maybe Fisher should do that on games 2 and 3 in order to get some cohesiveness.

The defense definitely needs to play better. They have much more talent than was evident there. They were out of position on a few plays and it killed them. I hope that after a few more games together they'll look much more like the defense we all expected to see.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah,I'm not worried yet, the MOST mportant thing about the pre season is that only players you are going to cut get injured.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We also won't be missing Wells, replacement refs won't FORGET to review the fumble that shouldn't have given the Colts the ball, and we won't be going for it on 4th down with a pass play that looked like Sam and the receiver were lost. Also, the recievers will know their routes and not make Davis look like a fool with a duck wrapped up like an X-mas present thrown to the other team. I think that Clemens might surprise some people.

cfin5256

Rookie
Well, I sat on the ledge all night trying to work up the courage to jump. Failing that, I went inside and grabbed my handgun.... no bullets! So, I decided it was just a preseason game :cheese:

Not we all wanted to see as the payoff for another offseason wait, but not anything to freak out about either. I've read a lot of comparisons between Sam and Peyton Luck, but think Luck had a bit better situation in the pocket. Outside of that first one play TD drive, he had better protection and better passing windows in the secondary. Obviously our line is still a work in progress, but we'll know more when we see them play with an actual gameplan. It was pretty obvious that the coaching staff was using this game strictly as an evaluation tool.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
and we won't be going for it on 4th down with a pass play that looked like Sam and the receiver were lost.
I was SURE Fisher was gonna trot out Zuerlein instead of going for it in that situation. It was going to be a 54 yarder and I so wanted to see by how much he was going to clear the crossbar on the field-goal, but whatever. You have to practice 4th & short situations too.

Kind of a let-down, but there will be more opportunities.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
I totally wanted to see Kicker Z come out and boot that thing for a couple reasons. One, I just want to see him in action... Two, just to get him some game time experience. Remember, he comes from a small school. I also understand why they did go for it though. No biggie.. Moving on to next week.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:
and we won't be going for it on 4th down with a pass play that looked like Sam and the receiver were lost.
I was SURE Fisher was gonna trot out Zuerlein instead of going for it in that situation. It was going to be a 54 yarder and I so wanted to see by how much he was going to clear the crossbar on the field-goal, but whatever. You have to practice 4th & short situations too.

Kind of a let-down, but there will be more opportunities.
Yeah, me too. Good season or bad, I wonder at what point during the season will Zuerlein break the all time FG record, because I don't think there's any doubt that he's going to do it. I remember the first year when Dempsy joined the team after establishing the record with N.O., when we were all anticipating a repeat in L.A., but it never happened. :bummed:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
brokeu91 said:
Good god, looking at some of the threads on the other "rams talk" you would think there were nuclear missiles launched and on the way. It was the first preseason game of the year. I missed most of the first half because I worked, but I went back and watched it after the game.

It was clear that the Rams were not game planning at all for this game. The Colts O-line held the Rams on nearly every play, and even then they were still getting some penetration. The Colts wanted this one a lot more than the Rams did, and it showed.

Sam looked OK, but the 4th down pass looked bad. The starting O didn't have enough time to gel. I remember Martz (I think it was him anyway) used to keep the starters in until they scored. Maybe Fisher should do that on games 2 and 3 in order to get some cohesiveness.

The defense definitely needs to play better. They have much more talent than was evident there. They were out of position on a few plays and it killed them. I hope that after a few more games together they'll look much more like the defense we all expected to see.
It's clear that Fisher wanted to see everyone one on one so that he could best evaluate their talents. I'm sure he expected guys to get beat, but probably didn't expect a beat-down. At least the Rams won't generate any false hopes after that game.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
After listening to some calls on the Rams post game show and reading some other boards I got quite upset.......Cause I didn't realize yesterday was the FREAKING SUPER BOWL
Silly me.
If there's more room on the bandwagon today great, cause I can always use more leg room. And I'll enjoy that extra legroom till about the mid point of the season when this team comes together.
You know what? Next weeks game might not be much better, or the next weeks. But in Detroit we should get a better gauge of what they can do.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yamahopper said:
After listening to some calls on the Rams post game show and reading some other boards I got quite upset.......Cause I didn't realize yesterday was the FREAKING SUPER BOWL
:sly:

Speeps

Starter
Yamahopper said:
:shock: How dare you not mark that date on your calendar? It was the single most important day in Rams history. Shame on you.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yamahopper said:
Silly me.

Shit - That was for all the marbles? Now I AM pissed. Where's that noose I keep for these kinds of occasions?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Holy Crap... It's time to PANIC!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ilGGP9BDZs[/youtube]