Went To See Tesla and Scorpions Last Night

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Tesla opened for the Scorpions last night, although if I had my way it would be the other way around.

Pregame:

Six pack and some medicinal :ww:

The Scorpions:

I am admittedly not a very big Scorpions fan, but know enough of their songs to hold a conversation.

Klaus Meine surprisingly still sings pretty damn good for a guy his age. They played one long set with a drum solo in the middle as sort of a intermission. Speaking of drummers, I dont know who that guy is but he sure gets after it. I found myself watching him more then the concert itself.

Songs that I remember off the top of my head.

Wind of change
Rock U Like A Hurricane
The Zoo
Still Loving You
No One Like You

Overall I give these guys a B+. I left with my original perception of them unchanged. I would go again if given a ticket, but wouldnt go out of my way to buy another.

Tesla:

Okay for those who have never heard of Tesla, these guys IMO rock like a mofo. They continue to impress me how well these guys perform live. Their acoustic abilities are just about unmatched, again IMO. The lead signer I think has lost a step but as a whole the band are still arena fillers.

Songs I recall

Little Suzy
Signs
Modern Day Cowboy
Love Song

Grade: A I really think if given the chance these guys would have upstaged Scorpions and stolen the show.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Agree. Tesla should be the headliner there. :bangin:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:

No doubt. They were just up the road a few months ago. Really wanted to go see them but couldn't. My buddy did and said they were great. I've seen the Scorpions in a free concert... meh. Of course I wasn't a fan to begin with.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
X said:

No doubt. They were just up the road a few months ago. Really wanted to go see them but couldn't. My buddy did and said they were great. I've seen the Scorpions in a free concert... meh. Of course I wasn't a fan to begin with.
I saw them once at the "Monsters of Rock" tour with a whole bunch of other bands. I got tired of them after about 5 minutes. It was like, "yeah, I get it -- you can be loud and screechy. Next." Metallica was obviously the best band, then surprisingly, Van Hagar. Of course any time you can see Eddie Van Halen live, it's a treat.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:

I saw them once at the "Monsters of Rock" tour with a whole bunch of other bands. I got tired of them after about 5 minutes. It was like, "yeah, I get it -- you can be loud and screechy. Next." Metallica was obviously the best band, then surprisingly, Van Hagar. Of course any time you can see Eddie Van Halen live, it's a treat.

Was going to see them (Van Halen) tonight but decided against it. The night is still young so you never know. :ww:

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some of the videos are slowly leaking in

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m5axy0pRoI[/youtube]