Well boys... (OC news)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
The chicken or the egg?

Boras' or Fisher's offense?

Offensive philosophy and play call or talent?

I like some of what the Rams did with Boras. Keenum got the ball to Britt down field with better success than Foles had. Tavon got some better early game touches. Run blocking got a little better. Yet, it seems Fisher went into more shell offenses with the lead. Let's hope they can improve everywhere on offense.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think we all tended to confuse improvement with success.

The offense stunk the last 4 games - it just stunk less than it did the first 12.

And it may be a personnel thing, a head coaches philosophical interference, or it may be that our offensive schemes are about 4 years behind the league at this point.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
some people will not watch the rams because of the relocation. i probably won't because of freaking fisherball.

my gamepass subscription will not be renewed.

Funny thing happened yesterday. The nfl sent me an email telling me they have terminated my subscription to nfl game pass. Just like that with no warning.

Fate?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I think that's a pretty solid take. Except for the part about a new guy won't come.

Dude... people will still coach the Raiders.

There's just not that many O.C. jobs out there. People will come no matter what.

Now, we could say that Fisher is more comfortable with Boras. This does scare me a bit.

I still like Fisher. Originally, I was not in favor of the hire. But I believe in consistency and this team is light years better than it was 4 years ago. A quarterback that can hit the broadside of a barn and just a little bit of effin' luck... I think we might have something here.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just need to hit on the right rookie QB and at the worst add one starting skill guy on Offense this draft.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny thing happened yesterday. The nfl sent me an email telling me they have terminated my subscription to nfl game pass. Just like that with no warning.

Fate?

I got the same email. Weird. Wonder if they're changing gamepass?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think we all tended to confuse improvement with success.

The offense stunk the last 4 games - it just stunk less than it did the first 12.

And it may be a personnel thing, a head coaches philosophical interference, or it may be that our offensive schemes are about 4 years behind the league at this point.

Yes, but it is hard to imagine the offense ever being great with the current cast. I doubt anyone could do much better without pass catching receivers.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I may be off here but it sounds like Fisher wasn't looking for a new OC at all. He just wanted someone to call the pass plays and teach Boras how to do it along the way. I wonder if this is a classic Jeff Fisher loyalty move. Defillipo interviewed so their was some interest. Then Fisher laid his idea on him and he didn't like it.

Sure Boras offense improved. I loved the low number of penalties. But, that was such a small sample size, and without Gurley it sucked, or did San Francisco figure out how to easily stop it? I wasn't inspired by the step backwards. I don't see things improving without better QB play and without a real offensive system. I say the last part because if they need a guy to call pass play's and one to call run play's then there is no offensive philosophy. How is it that Fisher cannot see the error in that?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, but it is hard to imagine the offense ever being great with the current cast. I doubt anyone could do much better without pass catching receivers.

I don't know. I'm not sold our WRs are that bad. We need to upgrade but I do think there are a lot of QBs that could do better with what we have.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I got the same email. Weird. Wonder if they're changing gamepass?

Not sure what's happening with you guys over there but i see a price hike coming for overseas subscribers.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Right off the bat, I'm not overly thrilled with the idea of handing the job to Boras without a bit more due diligence in the form of interviewing some more external candidates.

Yes, Boras at the controls those last 4 games was a slight improvement -- not a dramatically significant one. BUT -- he was still running Cignetti's playbook for those games. To his credit, he realized the futility of overhauling the playbook with 4 games left in the season. How different would a Boras playbook/philosophy be from Cignetti's? And if it IS different, does that automatically mean it would be better? That's just too much uncertainty to warrant handing him the job, imo.

I find a little optimism in the fact that those 5 offensive coaching positions are still vacant -- to me, that signifies that the OC search isn't quite a done deal.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't know. I'm not sold our WRs are that bad. We need to upgrade but I do think there are a lot of QBs that could do better with what we have.

IDK I would keep Britt & Austin and then sign somebody like Alshon Jeffery (should have drafted him over Quick in the first place) and then go from there. Welker is gone, Bailey most likely done and Marquez is a great special team guy. Will have draft one maybe two and I am interested to see who the new WR Coach is too.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Britt to me is a Brandon Gibson. He is nothing more than a 3rd or 4th WR.

Britt struggles big time to get open. He is unable to run consistent routes and he often drops critical catches.

He has "potential" since he is a big guy with lots of speed. But there is that "p" word again.
We need the real thing at Wr.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK I would keep Britt & Austin and then sign somebody like Alshon Jeffery (should have drafted him over Quick in the first place) and then go from there. Welker is gone, Bailey most likely done and Marquez is a great special team guy. Will have draft one maybe two and I am interested to see who the new WR Coach is too.

I agree. Bring in a veteran WR and draft one or two. But I think the chances of Alshon hitting FA are near zero.