Weirdest Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I have always wondered how true that story is. I am a millwright, certified welder, fabricator mechanic. It would take many blades and other tools to get it done. You are not getting it done with a hacksaw alone. They are not deep enough to cut through all the parts on a vehicle.
The story was it took him about 13 blades.

My weirdest Ram is Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds."

“In 1969, when I was a senior at the University of Tennessee, we had already clinched the Southeastern Conference title but still had to play Ole Miss (where Archie Manning was the quarterback). If Tennessee won the game, we would have gone to the Sugar Bowl. The previous year, Tennessee had beaten Ole Miss, 31-0. Things went badly that day and Mississippi beat us, 38-0. I played a good game, but was really upset at the outcome. We had an old car (a ’53 Chevrolet with no motor) on top of a bluff above the school. We used to push it around with a guy’s Jeep and practice driving into things, like demolition derby. When I got back to school, I decided to cut that old Chevy in half to make a trailer for a new Jeep I had just purchased. It was a good outlet for my frustrations. I went to K mart and bought the cheapest hacksaw they had, along with 13 replacement blades. I cut through the entire frame and drive shaft, all the way through the car. I started on Sunday and finished Monday afternoon. It took me eight total hours. I broke all 13 blades. When I finished, I got one guy from the dorm, Ray Nettles, to witness it. The next day we took the rest of our friends from the dorm up the hill to see it, and when we got there both halves of the car were gone, with just the 13 broken blades lying on the ground. To this day, I don’t know what happened to that car!”

''I roomed with him in training camp,'' said Craig Puki, the 49ers' other starting inside linebacker. ''I was dreaming one night that someone was chasing me with a chain saw. I woke up in a cold sweat, and there was Jack sharpening pencils with an electric sharpener. I asked him why he was doing that at 3 A.M. He said he had to be ready for the team meeting at 9 A.M.''

Reynolds re: post playing career: ''People always ask me if I want to become a coach. Well, it depends if I can spend six months a year in the Bahamas.''

He also was reportedly wearing his uniform and helmet as well as eye black to team breakfast when he was with the 9ers. Did he do that with the Rams too?