Week 7 Stats

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
DEFENSE

1603867484199.png

1603867632444.png

1603867701868.png

1603868466905.png

1603868544995.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OFFENSE

1603868738232.png

1603868799184.png

1603868878875.png

1603868959023.png

1603869103618.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a fan of YPC as a metric for RBs so...

1603869361272.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SPECIAL TEAMS

1603869712063.png

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Yeah, it looks like the miami defense is no slouch either—except that they might be vulnerable to the run.

Offensively, miami struggles to run the ball and consequently struggles on 3rd down. That should not bode well for a rookie QB playing against a top tier defense.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well.... look what team sits #3 in defense PPG... up next for us, Miami.

This is why I like to look at other defensive stats for context. Miami's defense is probably below average overall when you take everything into account - they played what we now know is a bad Patriots offense, got shredded by Buffalo and Seattle, and then horrible offenses in Jax, SF (injured Jimmy) and NYJ. When they've played an offense closer to our caliber they get shredded.

The only concern for me is another Belichick desciple

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
So, pretty much top 10 defense with a slightly below average offense. That is pretty much what I have seen with my own eyes. The offense is leaving a lot of yds/points out there from what I notice. I have no doubt that the Rams could have put more points on the board Monday night, but I agree with the clock draining strategy when your defense is completely manhandling the opponent like that. I see the offense being top 15 before too long.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reading that first post brings back good memories of people freaking out in GDT's questioning the Staley hire and wondering how soon McVay would replace him :D

Good times as always in the GDT.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
We've gone up against some bad QBs though, so that makes us probably look better than we are. We'll see how we hold up against a real offense like Seattle, that will be the true test. But so far so good.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
The only concern for me is another Belichick desciple
You mean, another coach who believes Belicheat's mantra that if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'??
I hope we bury that Belicheat coaching tree. McVay already has his own going lol.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, pretty much top 10 defense with a slightly below average offense. That is pretty much what I have seen with my own eyes. The offense is leaving a lot of yds/points out there from what I notice. I have no doubt that the Rams could have put more points on the board Monday night, but I agree with the clock draining strategy when your defense is completely manhandling the opponent like that. I see the offense being top 15 before too long.
It's really nice to see our defense be so high. But I suspect they're a bit higher now than what they'll be at the end of the season. We have a dip coming in the games ahead IMO because of some things going on with our secondary (reviewing this past game I have some concerns I'll put up a bit later). The good thing is those things are coachable problems because they're not due to subpar talent (our secondary talent is simply fantastic) and we will be getting Fuller back.

And as you alluded to I agree the offense will likely finish higher than they are now. The reason is the OL. That Bears front is real and the Rams won plenty of snaps against them which bodes really well for the next critical month ahead that is going to sort this division's standings.

What I think is going to help the offense is Jefferson assuming more of that WR3 role. I know Yarbs and the Rams love JRey but he is limited and just doesn't separate and I don't think Goff is the kind of QB who thrives on putting up jump balls. And of course JRey in spite of his size isn't that great at using it to highpoint balls either.

But going back to this past offseason to see the Rams where they are now across the board statistically... If you had told me we would be here I would have laughed. I remain very impressed by what this staff has done with the talent available. (y)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've gone up against some bad QBs though, so that makes us probably look better than we are. We'll see how we hold up against a real offense like Seattle, that will be the true test. But so far so good.

That little Fucking midget. Matthews and fowler are gone so he won't be escaping from the pocket this year. The Rams are gonna force him to be a qb. He didn't play well when he's forced to stay in the pocket.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That little Fucking midget. Matthews and fowler are gone so he won't be escaping from the pocket this year. The Rams are gonna force him to be a qb. He didn't play well when he's forced to stay in the pocket.

Ya idk man Wilson is a beast

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I hate that the D gets dinged for the scoop and score against our offense. Our D only allowed 3 points, not 10.

With all the deep data they use these days, how can they not be able to parse defensive scores from scores against a defense?

Our D is better than the numbers indicate and not by a little.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ya idk man Wilson is a beast

no doubt but the rams know how to handle him. except for the first game last season, the defense was horrible.

since mcvay took over the rams are 4 and 2 against the seafucks.

2017 loss - kupp drops winning td. the ball could have been thrown a little softer but he still should have caught it.

2019 loss - gz misses an easy fg attempt at the death.

just as a side note, is it weird i have no recollection at all of the second game in the 2018 season?