Week 2 : the good the bad the ugly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good : goff tightening up in the 2nd half that defense and cooooooooop

The bad : Gurley attitude I love you dude but time to start running angry . The called dead fumble and Brees injury means no credit for the rams

The ugly : Blythes injury .. hope it’s not too bad not sure I can handle Demby next week

What ya got boys

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
the good Donald , dfense back field, goff, cooks, cupp, gurley and brown
the bad demby being in game.

the ugly is haverstien injurd never seen him struggle like today.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The ugly : Blythes injury .. hope it’s not too bad not sure I can handle Demby next week
Good list. Honestly Jared Goff had one of his gutsiest performances today. He adjusted to very quick pressure and got 'er done.

But Demby... Yeah I'm with you. I was pretty hot during that drive he struggled the most on, but he did settle in a little. Either way though, teams gameplanning for Demby is not good for us. So I don't care what naked photos he's got on Kromer or whatever his leverage is. They need to put Edwards in there at RG moving forward.

Figured the RG change would happen about midseason btw. But if it's now it's now just don't force feed us a guy who is better off being a depth option.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

The bad : Gurley attitude I love you dude but time to start running angry . The called dead fumble and Brees injury means no credit for the rams

What ya got boys
What was wrong with Gurleys attitude? Did I miss something?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I thought Demby showed slight improvement as the game went on.
The good the team beating a team with a lot to prove, McVay adjusted, Defense all of them
The Ugly nah let em bitch wah wah

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I've been saying all along veteran depth in certain positions would help this team and there are some good players available out there still.
Inside linebacker I believe Marshall is out there and bynes I think.
And some decent depth for the OL. wienewski should be brought in immediately no matter Blythes injury. You need at least that one veteran off the bench for the OL and he can play center or guard making the line very interchangeable.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

What ya got boys

I honestly don't think it's attitude. I think he's fighting a bug. Doesn't have to be sinus, but it's that season and there's a few different bugs out there.

His acceleration was pretty good, but he didn't deliver any hits which more seems like he had some ailment like stomach or cold that more gives one body aches.

If you noticed, every time he hit the deck, at least one Rams player ran to Gurley to help him up, even after the 22 yard run. There wasn't a single "pop up" like is typical of Gurley.

We'll see, but I honestly don't think Gurley remotely has an attitude problem.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I honestly don't think it's attitude. I think he's fighting a bug. Doesn't have to be sinus, but it's that season and there's a few different bugs out there.

His acceleration was pretty good, but he didn't deliver any hits which more seems like he had some ailment like stomach or cold that more gives one body aches.

If you noticed, every time he hit the deck, at least one Rams player ran to Gurley to help him up, even after the 22 yard run. There wasn't a single "pop up" like is typical of Gurley.

We'll see, but I honestly don't think Gurley remotely has an attitude problem.
I hope you’re right but I’d it that was the case why wasn’t he at home or
Why wasn’t it mentioned he could infect the rest of the team

I don’t mean to rant on Gurley I love the dude but whatever it was he wasn’t the Gurley we know and love and frankly he hasn’t been since he got the contract really

I’m not saying it’s because he got paid (because that interview where he said he wish he could give it back to the rams )

But there was no angry runs he didn’t finish them like he use to .. and I might need to go back and watch but he didn’t even really celebrate his touch down

TexasRam

Legend
The Good:

1. Goff - Seeing the field better. Feeling the rush and getting the ball out. Excellent throws under duress. Better timing with WR's on the deep ins and slants as the game progressed.

2. Mcvay -Some solid play calls in the pass game rolling Goff out and getting him time. Incorporating the pitch to get Gurley to the edge.

3. Defense - Solid tight coverage and tackling. Great improvement at safety with the dudes they brought in (Weddle and Rapp) and the incumbent JJ. Donald back wreaking Havoc.

The Bad:

1. Injury to Blythe.

2. Pass pro by Havenstein vs Jordan.

3. Stupid penalites stalling TD drives.

The Ugly:

1. Sean Paytons fish face.

2. Drew Brees Future

3. Saints chances at Home field advantage

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I hope you’re right but I’d it that was the case why wasn’t he at home or
Why wasn’t it mentioned he could infect the rest of the team

I don’t mean to rant on Gurley I love the dude but whatever it was he wasn’t the Gurley we know and love and frankly he hasn’t been since he got the contract really

I’m not saying it’s because he got paid (because that interview where he said he wish he could give it back to the rams )

But there was no angry runs he didn’t finish them like he use to .. and I might need to go back and watch but he didn’t even really celebrate his touch down

The season is too condensed to isolate someone with a cold. Rather, it simply puts a greater onus on self care.

I truly don't know what's going on with Gurley, but I'm darn sure willing to give him the BoD.

Like I said, the fact that EVERY RUN, someone rushed to Gurley to help him up, he never popped up like usual, and he seemed to get up rather slow. All the classical signs of body ache.

We'll see how it goes, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is still lingering if Gurley has an easy day against Cleveland or is a "healthy" scratch and then comes back strong the next week.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
What was wrong with Gurleys attitude? Did I miss something?
Gurley is certainly not happy. You can see it after he runs. When he starts eating yardage, after he gets tackled he usually does his "football drop" celebration. Now he just gets up and gets back to the line. His body language is certainly different, but knowing Gurley he's not afraid to speak his mind, so im sure he'll say something as soon if it continues.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Gurley is certainly not happy. You can see it after he runs. When he starts eating yardage, after he gets tackled he usually does his "football drop" celebration. Now he just gets up and gets back to the line. His body language is certainly different, but knowing Gurley he's not afraid to speak his mind, so im sure he'll say something as soon if it continues.
He just always seemed to be a chill dude to me. Maybe he wasn’t in the mood to play lol

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I think Gurley is used to being the bell cow and offensive MVP, and he's having trouble getting used to his reduced role. Just my two cents. But he is definitely not the same as he was before the injury last year.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think you all are taking this out of context when it comes to Gurley. He's played the exact same way in other games in career. I'll put it to you this way. If he didn't have to deal with all the dumb questions by the media right now we'd probably just say he's focused and is all business. I could be wrong but I'm trying to look at it from a positive POV because really we have no idea, it's all speculation.

On the flip side, in interviews you can hear these guys get aggravated by these reporters. Goff was interviewed yesterday, and they kept on asking the same dumb questions. Whats wrong with your offense??? He finally said, we put up 27 and they put up "what 9 points?" in a very sarcastic tone. I thought it was hilarious because he has way more patients than I do. I would have told them quit asking me the same questions.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
I'm used to Gurley signaling for a "first down!" after a good run. His body language these first two games tells me that something is wrong. Hope it gets worked out.