Week 2 Snap Counts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Offense
1000003022.jpg

Defense
1000003023.jpg

ST
1000003020.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Truly boggles my mind that Hopkins is still on the team. Only gets 9 snaps but makes the most of it by executing a perfect hold on Bosa, thus negating a nice gain

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay sure likes to ride his guys. Most of the starters played the entire game.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I’d like to see more of Tomlinson.
One thing I think we can all agree on.. GREAT value with Witherspoon.
Witherspoon is turning into a fantastic signing by our GM. Best part about the job that Snead did is I don't have to read post about Holmes being the brains behind our scouting/drafting anymore.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would take the most physical safety not named Fuller or Yeast and replace Rozeboom with him. If they can get someone who is not too bad a dropoff from Rozeboom (which should not be too difficult) but who brings some extra quickness in his drops and better coverage ability, it would make the defense better. Teams like SF you probably need that second backer but we have a stretch coming where extra mobility should be favored.

Guys like Noteboom really fuck a team over. Because you think you're good then PSYCH!!! You're back where you were. Thankfully they are working their way through these guys of late and getting rid of them but I hope we don't spend the next five weeks trying to get Boom in there and that affecting Anchrum's snaps in practice and gameday focus. Noteboom is better than Anchrum btw. Our line with Boom is noticeably better in pass pro. But maybe it's smarter to relegate his ass back to swing OT, assuming he ends up being ok or when he returns. Then pour your focus into Anchrum and let's see if we can get a fucking OL that isn't a MASH unit with guys going down every game or so. I am over that shit.

At some point Tomlinson needs to get in there at one of those three spots but as things stand right now our corners are doing a good job overall in being in position and not being caught freelancing around or being confused on calls. If that continues we should start seeing guys making plays vice making penalties. Having a guy of Tomlinson's quality on the bench is a great problem to have too btw. Every one of them should be looking over their shoulder because he can play all the spots.

Next offseason they need to make it a fucking priority to add depth chart returners. I am so tired of key guys doing returns. Williams felt fine in that role assuming Akers could lock down the RB spot. But now we're risking a guy at a position that already takes a beating and there isn't a lot of quality options behind him to choose from. What we need are a couple guys who can make the bottom of the roster as returners and general ST.

And finally Jefferson better take a moment to relish those 82% of snaps. Because shit's gonna start looking real different barring a situation where he's got blackmail material on McVay or Yarbs or something. Take at least half his snaps and give them to the guys who were behind him on the depth chart and see if we can find that third role. My money's on Skow there but he's not the only option.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Truly boggles my mind that Hopkins is still on the team. Only gets 9 snaps but makes the most of it by executing a perfect hold on Bosa, thus negating a nice gain
Yeah man I was cussing his ass out so bad during that game. That's gonna get called 99% of the time so keep your hands inside the numbers and just try to stay in front of him for that extra second you need to.

This is where the shitters have huge advantage, when you get into these iffy players we need to count on. So in some ways it isn't all his fault, but it sure would have been nice if he could keep his bullshit under wraps for nine plays.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TBF that was a weak hold.
Not really, but also not really the point. Its his 4th season, he cant block and he cant play ST. They have 3 TE on the 53 and can only find 9 snaps for one other than Higbee. Waste of a roster spot

Psycho_X

Legend
Since it came up in this thread I'm trying to figure out how Bosa can get holds left and right that aren't actually holds but people can grab and twist Donald all game long and nothing.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Jefferson's snap counts should be a lot further down the list. They gotta be careful with Kyren Williams. He's turning into a solid player but too much use can wear him down. This is his first season as a starter. Maybe get Rivers some more carries?

What to do with Akers is the question. We're going through it again. Its probably time to move on from him if he's not buying what the coach's are selling.

I thought the line lost a little when Noteboom went down. I think Anchrum has the potential to be better but it might take more time. Hopefully he's practicing with the 1's this week.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jefferson won't be back next year imo

He's had some bad misses and he's made some great catches, the one yesterday was negated by a penalty.

Last year on his rookie deal and I doubt we sign him so we'll deal with him getting less snaps as the year hoes on. Wonder if he can return punts to ease up on KW

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Guys like Noteboom really fuck a team over. Because you think you're good then PSYCH!!! You're back where you were. Thankfully they are working their way through these guys of late and getting rid of them but I hope we don't spend the next five weeks trying to get Boom in there and that affecting Anchrum's snaps in practice and gameday focus. Noteboom is better than Anchrum btw. Our line with Boom is noticeably better in pass pro. But maybe it's smarter to relegate his ass back to swing OT, assuming he ends up being ok or when he returns. Then pour your focus into Anchrum and let's see if we can get a fucking OL that isn't a MASH unit with guys going down every game or so. I am over that shit.

Personally, I thought Noteboom would be far better suited for the Swing OT/OG role than forcing that glass body of his into a starting position, ... so now we have what should have been expected, more OL absences due to injury.
Anchrum had a total of 5 regular season snaps (2021 & 2022) prior to being inserted into Noteboom's RG role, let's give him a chance. If Anchrum proves to be the better run blocker, all the better as our new RB1 tries to establish himself. Dotson's presence should also not be discounted as his trade from Pittsburgh takes on more relevance. Perhaps our future games won't be so lopsided towards the pass and McVay/Stafford can use an improved rushing attack to closer balance our offensive scheme.
jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I thought Noteboom would be far better suited for the Swing OT/OG role than forcing that glass body of his into a starting position, ... so now we have what should have been expected, more OL absences due to injury.
Anchrum had a total of 5 regular season snaps (2021 & 2022) prior to being inserted into Noteboom's RG role, let's give him a chance. If Anchrum proves to be the better run blocker, all the better as our new RB1 tries to establish himself. Dotson's presence should also not be discounted as his trade from Pittsburgh takes on more relevance. Perhaps our future games won't be so lopsided towards the pass and McVay/Stafford can use an improved rushing attack to closer balance our offensive scheme.
jmo.
Yeah it's like a bad comedy act. "We feel like our best starting 5 need to be out there." Ok, and I admit Boom was one of their best starting five. That much is clear. McVay was right on that count.

But where he's not right is the logic of putting a glass motherfucker on the interior where we have a moment of happiness then get the rug pulled out from under us. It's like a meme at this point with Boom. The guy simply cannot be counted on.

Most of my former rants on this board were on that exact effect with the RB room. It drove me apeshit man. Year after year. And right now speaking of that here we are two weeks into the season and Akers is falling out. Now granted he's not hurt but bottom line is he's one of those old RBs who we have not been able to count on and guess what... We can't count on him. So now if Williams misses time the RB room looks a whole lot like it has post-Gurley which is a shambles.

So IMO one element they need to prioritize this year with certain positions is guys who have an ability to show the fuck up and do a job over time. At the very least this needs to happen at RB. As to OL we will see who we can count on this season. I mean for example will Jackson stay healthy at LT. Can Anchrum fill in as a starter without dropping out again. We need these guys to do that or this team will quickly nosedive again.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Yeah it's like a bad comedy act. "We feel like our best starting 5 need to be out there." Ok, and I admit Boom was one of their best starting five. That much is clear. McVay was right on that count.

But where he's not right is the logic of putting a glass motherfucker on the interior where we have a moment of happiness then get the rug pulled out from under us. It's like a meme at this point with Boom. The guy simply cannot be counted on.

Most of my former rants on this board were on that exact effect with the RB room. It drove me apeshit man. Year after year. And right now speaking of that here we are two weeks into the season and Akers is falling out. Now granted he's not hurt but bottom line is he's one of those old RBs who we have not been able to count on and guess what... We can't count on him.

So IMO one element they need to prioritize this year with certain positions is guys who have an ability to show the fuck up and do a job over time. At the very least this needs to happen at RB. As to OL we will see who we can count on this season. I mean for example will Jackson stay healthy at LT. Can Anchrum fill in as a starter without dropping out again. We need these guys to do that or this team will quickly nosedive again.
It felt good to have Anchrum, Dotson, or even Thomas available to plug in. Who's our backup LT if Noteboom's down? Thomas?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It felt good to have Anchrum, Dotson, or even Thomas available to plug in. Who's our backup LT if Noteboom's down? Thomas?
Good question. Maybe Anchrum. I don't know tbh. Probably doesn't matter at that point because whoever it is we'll be up shit creek.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Most of my former rants on this board were on that exact effect with the RB room. It drove me apeshit man. Year after year. And right now speaking of that here we are two weeks into the season and Akers is falling out. Now granted he's not hurt but bottom line is he's one of those old RBs who we have not been able to count on and guess what... We can't count on him. So now if Williams misses time the RB room looks a whole lot like it has post-Gurley which is a shambles.

One of the things I was speaking about earlier in the pre-season was if Noteboom was made an interior line starter and became injured, we not only lose our starting RG, but also our best swing OT, possibly now requiring 2 replacement players. Not only do I see us elevating a practice squad OLman, but the necessity of trading for or invading another teams practice squad for a RB seems more likely.
jmo.