Week 2 matchup: Skins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm just worried about giving up the big 'homerun' plays.
That is the type of crap that can really take the air out of a stadium and a team.
That bomb from Brisset to Moncrief in the Indy game should NOT have happened.
Regardless of the score, you don't want to give up plays like that.

Limit turnovers and penalties and play smart and aggressive and we should get the W. The 'skins looked shittyversus the Eagles on Sunday, I wasn't impressed at all.
I'm sure McVay has already pointed out those "Drive-Killing" False starts! I think if we go +2 in the turnover ratio, like last week, we'll be fine!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If we can't get Gurley on track, then we will need to spread them out to get Krupp & our TEs in better miss matches. Do we go 4 WRS? Or does our TE's have better miss matches them our #3-4 WRs? Either way it could come down to this
I'm sure we'll see some multiple TE Sets, But after the Rams having 5 receivers with reception's of 20+ yards last week, I think we'll see a lot of 3 WR Sets! JMHO

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Washington doesn't look the same...offensively. Defense still looks slow to me...Some stats from last week.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/type/team/name/wsh/washington-redskins

Cousins may have been paid the last 2 years, but it's obvious what the coaches see...a guy that can't make the big play...or get the team in the endzone....They have an awful redzone offense. Pryor drops more passes than Britt, Cook, Kendricks combined. Oh yeah, they do have a really good RB. Think he returns kickoffs too....And some secret weapon receiver...no not Crowder...some guy named...Brian Quick....LOLOLOL....Probably out to prove something.

I think they're like a smooth speed bump...some slow down, but when you know the road, you really can fly right over it.
I'm just worried about giving up the big 'homerun' plays.
That is the type of crap that can really take the air out of a stadium and a team.
That bomb from Brisset to Moncrief in the Indy game should NOT have happened.
Regardless of the score, you don't want to give up plays like that.
While that was a backup corner....and a duck of a pass...it was high...I wouldn't worry about popgun arm Cousins throwing deep...but intermediate areas are where he likes to focus...even if they move the ball, he struggles in the redzone...where the windows are smaller, and you can't scheme your way into the endzone....Guess who he reminds me of? Anyhoots....Stop the run, Cousins will throw some picks....

Oh yeah, I wouldn't play AD more than 24 snaps...6 per quarter.

Wanna see more outta Mo, Tree and Barron.

And hopefully we use Tavon a lil...make him earn some of that $15 million.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh yeah, I wouldn't play AD more than 24 snaps...6 per quarter.

Agreed and I think the Rams will rotate him in to get him back in the swing of things gradually. And that's fine, because he'll be able to give this defense a few extra wins even in fewer snaps through making plays and drawing doubles.

Washington doesn't look the same...offensively. Defense still looks slow to me...Some stats from last week.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/type/team/name/wsh/washington-redskins

They have looked that way all preseason too. Check out the articles in DC during the preseason, it was brutal man. So coming into LA and "getting right" is going to be a very difficult thing to pull off I think.