Week 18 - The Early Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Colts situation shows how critical it is to be aggressive in the QB market. Go big, or go home early and not to the playoffs.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have no animosity of any sort for Goff.

I think the Lions situation is about right for who he is. He can do okay in a situation that simply doesn't ask too much of him. He's about dead center in the NFL in rating. He's been passable!

But he's not a guy I would try to build a playoff team around. He's been exactly what the Lions have needed from him this year and good enough for them to roll him out next season as they look for their QB of the future.

I get it and I'm not far off from the same assessment, but I think rate him slightly higher or perhaps I believe his ceiling/basement ratio is better than you might but I appreciate his ability to win Playoff games and improve in bad situations... if he was the QB for Minnesota or Pittsburgh or any team with less dysfunction than Detroit, I think he could be the guy to keep you in contention, just won't ever be on anyone's list of top 10 QBs. He could very quietly be around #11 or 12 year after year though.
Finding and successfully using a top 10 QB is everyone's goal but it's an absolute crap shoot, even at the top. How many teams have ruined young talents because they chose to try to land one of those guys before they build them a team they could succeed with?

I'm not really in disagreement with your take. Just kind of giving my perspective

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I'm happy Goff is getting some credit for playing well in Detroit.
Me too.
You never know, by the times Holmes gets some talent over there
Goff gets some more maturity to him. You never know.
I would be happy for Goff and the Lions if they had some long over due success.
Also like their coach.
**************************************************************************************************************************

And just a off the subject statement if I had a vote for HC of the year
it would be for Mike Vrabel.
Dude has done a amazing job with the Titans.
That's one team Nobody wants to play.

MachS

Hall of Fame
This Davis Mills kid is legit I'm calling it now. Seen enough the last couple months. Their team is horrible but this kid will be a starter in the league.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Me too.
You never know, by the times Holmes gets some talent over there
Goff gets some more maturity to him. You never know.
I would be happy for Goff and the Lions if they had some long over due success.
Also like their coach.
**************************************************************************************************************************

And just a off the subject statement if I had a vote for HC of the year
it would be for Mike Vrabel.
Dude has done a amazing job with the Titans.
That's one team Nobody wants to play.

I would think someone like Taylor would get it with Cincy.. building something.

The Titans won their division last year, so I don't see it. Not saying he's not a good or deserving coach.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It's ok everyone here knows your vision is impaired.
Stalk much?
I thought this was a different conversation and I was simply commenting on the Coach of the year stuff, not trying to pick a fight.

Taylor is from the McVay tree and I thought it was relevant on a Rams board.

Carry on.

Ellard80

Legend
the colts getting destroyed by the jags... some posters who try to qualify wins need to pay attention the what actually happens in the nfl.

MachS

Hall of Fame
When the hell did the Texans close the gap. lol
Davis Mills balling out

1641761641966.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOLOL Go Lions go!!!

And everybody was talking bout how you didn't want to play the Colts in the playoffs :D Guess they didn't want to go to the playoffs so bad today.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The announcers slobbering all over Big Ben is just gross.