Week 14 coverage map

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm kind of nervous, because the only other game I got to watch this year on my HDTV Big Screen was the Vikings game and a loss.....lol

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
14-FOX-L.png

█ NO GAME due to local team at home on CBS

Can someone explain to me the rationale of the NFL or the tv networks decision to screw AZ out of the Fox double header(Rams game) just because they're putting the local Cardinals on CBS?
This is common practice from time to time in most cities. I just don't understand it.
200.webp

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Finally, I get to watch a game on TV. It's about damn time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
View attachment 23152
█ NO GAME due to local team at home on CBS

Can someone explain to me the rationale of the NFL or the tv networks decision to screw AZ out of the Fox double header(Rams game) just because they're putting the local Cardinals on CBS?
This is common practice from time to time in most cities. I just don't understand it.
200.webp

I believe it's contractual. I think only one station gets to have a doubleheader each week.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Over here Sky are showing the Seahawks at the Jags. Fuming!

That's because Florida is super popular among a lot of Brits.

Up until 2008, the number of British xpats living in Florida was greater than those that lived in Spain. That's especially true for the Jacksonville area as well as the southern Gulf Coast...from Tampa south.

Shame tho, cuz this one looks to be a good one.

Hopefully, you can stream it...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I believe it's contractual. I think only one station gets to have a doubleheader each week.
Right and that's what i'm asking. This week its Fox with the double header but since the Cardinals(local team) are on CBS i only get 1 gm on Fox and 1 game on CBS.

I just don't understand the logic of getting blacked out of Fox's 2nd gm when the local team is on a different network.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right and that's what i'm asking. This week its Fox with the double header but since the Cardinals(local team) are on CBS i only get 1 gm on Fox and 1 game on CBS.

I just don't understand the logic of getting blacked out of Fox's 2nd gm when the local team is on a different network.

Well, I'm wrong. It's a NFL rule. I can't tell you why it exists:
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/12/08/nfl-rules-for-tv-doubleheader-broadcasts/
By NFL Rules, a station may not broadcast the second game of a doubleheader if there is a “home” game on at the same time.
http://fox11online.com/sports/packers-and-nfl/a-primer-on-the-rules-for-broadcasting-nfl-games
Even if it is a Fox doubleheader Sunday, Fox 11 can't air a game at the same time as a Packers home game. So, while Week 5 may be a Fox doubleheader Sunday, the NFL prohibits us from showing a noon game opposite the Packers game on CBS. The same rule applies that on a CBS doubleheader week, WFRV can't air a different game during a Packers home game on Fox 11. (So, WFRV can't air several noon games). The only exception to this is Week 17, when both networks get two games because of playoff implications.

My only guess is that the teams agreed to this to reduce competition in the home team's city.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Damn.... Portland area getting hags. Why couldn't they play that JAX game at 1:00 EST ??? Huh? What's up with that, anyway......

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Damn.... Portland area getting hags. Why couldn't they play that JAX game at 1:00 EST ??? Huh? What's up with that, anyway......

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed myself. I'm sick of watching the Hawks out here. Where you at in the Portland area?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed myself. I'm sick of watching the Hawks out here. Where you at in the Portland area?
His profile says Vancouver, WA.....I used to live nearby in Milwaukie,,,

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Where you at in the Portland area?
Well, just about 20 miles north of Portland - in Washington actually, in Ridgefield (although we're actually in the county - at the edge of the Internet - w/CenturyStink and the worst Internet known to man...)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
That's because Florida is super popular among a lot of Brits.

Up until 2008, the number of British xpats living in Florida was greater than those that lived in Spain. That's especially true for the Jacksonville area as well as the southern Gulf Coast...from Tampa south.

Shame tho, cuz this one looks to be a good one.

Hopefully, you can stream it...

Funny you say that
I was watching the Areenal game vs Southhampton and the billboards kept showing ads for Kissimee Florida - then a florida travel site with a .us domain
I figures something was up :LOL:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The horror....

I effing hate the seahawks. Biggest game this year and I have to find a stream?
Blame your neighbors, but don't egg their houses on my suggestion!

:D

Seahawks are rated the most popular team there because of the proximity so you get their games 95% of the time.