Week 1 Power Rankings thread.... movin on up to middle of the pack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well technically post week 1 but anyway, first of the week comes from sbnation with having the Rams at #15 overall, up from #23. Below are Ram relevant excerpts.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/9/15/9326537/nfl-power-rankings-week-2-seahawks-packers-patriots

Stumbled out of the gate
The Seattle Seahawks face the prospect of getting over the hangover surrounding their Super Bowl loss; a Week 1 loss in St. Louis doesn't help that. There was a botched kickoff in the start of overtime that helped the Rams score the go-ahead field goal, followed by a fourth-and-1 attempt by Marshawn Lynch that got stuffed for a loss. Seattle gave up 34 points -- more than any game all of last season -- and struggled to finish in the red zone throughout.

Parity rules
The Chargers looked strong in their opener, coming back from a big early deficit to run away from a tough Detroit Lions team. Philip Rivers and company started strong, but the key for them is to be consistent. At the same time, the Rams got off to a great start knocking off their division rivals in overtime.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
They probably won't get much talking head credit if they beat the Redskins.

But a victory against the Steelers will probably buy them some street cred, if you care about such things.

The rags can have us at 32 for all I care. Just keep winning baby.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
A 3-0 start with a win over PIT will have us in top 10 and people talking. Would be a huge matchup against GB up in Lambeau!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well technically post week 1 but anyway, first of the week comes from sbnation with having the Rams at #15 overall, up from #23. Below are Ram relevant excerpts.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/9/15/9326537/nfl-power-rankings-week-2-seahawks-packers-patriots

Stumbled out of the gate
The Seattle Seahawks face the prospect of getting over the hangover surrounding their Super Bowl loss; a Week 1 loss in St. Louis doesn't help that. There was a botched kickoff in the start of overtime that helped the Rams score the go-ahead field goal, followed by a fourth-and-1 attempt by Marshawn Lynch that got stuffed for a loss. Seattle gave up 34 points -- more than any game all of last season -- and struggled to finish in the red zone throughout.

Parity rules
The Chargers looked strong in their opener, coming back from a big early deficit to run away from a tough Detroit Lions team. Philip Rivers and company started strong, but the key for them is to be consistent. At the same time, the Rams got off to a great start knocking off their division rivals in overtime.
I'm OK with the Ranking, per say, BUT, someone answer me this, "How can 5 teams who Lost, be ranked ahead of us!!?!:confused::rolleyes:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
A 3-0 start with a win over PIT will have us in top 10 and people talking. Would be a huge matchup against GB up in Lambeau!

Except that we don't match up well with GB. Rogers can shred us, he's far above and beyond a wussell wilson.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The rags can have us at 32 for all I care. Just keep winning baby.

Yup. I agree.

It'll take a lot for the media to change their minds about the Rams. If they win, they'll come around.
;):D

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Except that we don't match up well with GB. Rogers can shred us, he's far above and beyond a wussell wilson.
Completely disagree. We're the perfect defense to to make Rodgers look mediocre. If Seattle and Buffalo can eat him up, so can we.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Completely disagree. We're the perfect defense to to make Rodgers look mediocre. If Seattle and Buffalo can eat him up, so can we.

We match up great against Seattle, but not GB. We don't do well against real passing teams. I guess you will find that out in week 4. I give us very little chance of winning that game.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
We match up great against Seattle, but not GB. We don't do well against real passing teams. I guess you will find that out in week 5. I give us very little chance of winning that game.

FIFY ;)
I don't see us winning this game either but I think we should give Rodgers enough trouble. Look what we did against Manning last year.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
1 game at a time. The only game I want us to be focused on is the Redskins. And the media will rank us wherever the hell they want.....because they will anyway.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
1 game at a time. The only game I want us to be focused on is the Redskins. And the media will rank us wherever the hell they want.....because they will anyway.

That's where my head is too.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
FIFY ;)
I don't see us winning this game either but I think we should give Rodgers enough trouble. Look what we did against Manning last year.

I wasn't sure what week it was exactly, but close enough. I'm just very pessimistic about that game. The team should be focused on the skins though, for sure. Starting 2-0 is a huge step in the right direction for the Fisher led Rams.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Some of these rankings are well rank its more of a popularity ranking than anything else.