Weak teams in the playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bumping my own weak thread. :sneaky:

Athos

Legend
Don't sleep on the Steelers you crazy fookin Canadian, that team can score in bunches and can run and pass nearly at will and have been tested by some strong defenses. I think my first choice out of the AFC is the Patriots and second is the Steelers. If the Steelers don't have the Patriots in their way I think they go, but if they play them in Foxboro I think it'll be too much for the Steelers to overcome.

Steelers are screwed is Bell isn't good to go or can't handle at least 15 touches.

Athos

Legend
Oooooooooo this sounds like a head to head wager to me hahaha. :whistle:

hahahaha. Steelers have fucking Dri Archer. Dri fucking Archer.

Against the Ravens?

I'll take that.

If Bell doesn't play, or isn't healthy enough for a fair amount of touches, PITT is fucked unless Big Ben and Antonio Brown go off.

Alan

Legend
I don't want the Cheatriots in the SB. Other than that, I don't care who wins the AFC.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
hahahaha. Steelers have freaking Dri Archer. Dri freaking Archer.

Against the Ravens?

I'll take that.

If Bell doesn't play, or isn't healthy enough for a fair amount of touches, PITT is fucked unless Big Ben and Antonio Brown go off.

I'll bet 5 mil head to head I'll take the Steelers and hold my nose.

Athos

Legend
I'll bet 5 mil head to head I'll take the Steelers and hold my nose.

hah. Too rich for me. I'd rather bet a mil head to head that if Bell sees less than 15 combined touches (running/rec) PITT won't win. If he gets more than that, they're prolly going to win unless, again, Brown goes off.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has there been a season recently where so many weak teams have made the playoffs?

I mean, none of the following teams stand a chance... And if they somehow make the Superbowl we have a blowout candidate on our hands.

Carolina Panthers - We all know their story. NFC South winner by default.

Indianapolis Colts - The perennial paper champion. Every year the Colts emerge from the AFC central and get thumped from the playoffs. This year, their road to the playoffs they beat; the Jags twice, Titans twice, and Texans twice. That's 6 wins against weak teams right inside the division. They also toppled the mighty Redskins, Giants, and Browns. Impressive resume.

Baltimore Ravens - Like the Colts, Baltimore struts into the playoffs based on schedule; winning just just 2 games against playoff bound teams. Those two teams? The Steelers and Panthers. Weak sauce.

Pittsburgh Steelers - I almost didn't put them on the list because they got hot down the stretch winning their last 4 games. Teams that do that can be dangerous in the playoffs. But, really, does anyone fear the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Arizona Cardinals - They backed in losing 4 of their final 6 games. Nice defense... But; 3rd string QB... Can't score. No chance.

Detroit Lions - Playoff teams beaten this season; 1. They had 2 wins gifted to them by the officials otherwise this is a 9-7 team against poor competition. These guys are going nowhere.

Normally I am stoked for the playoffs, and this year is no different in some regards... But I see the potential for some bad games due to poor quality of these contenders.

If I'm Dallas, Seattle, Green Bay, New England, Denver, or Cincinnati I'm seeing an easy road to the Superbowl.

I wouldn't call Detroit weak. They play stout defense. Correct me if I'm wrong but the 1999 Rams only beat 1 or 2 playoff teams during the regular season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Against the Ravens?

I'll take that.

Ben threw 6 TDs against Baltimore last time they played in Pittsburgh. Baltimore's secondary, like Pittsburgh, is beat up and struggling.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
hah. Too rich for me. I'd rather bet a mil head to head that if Bell sees less than 15 combined touches (running/rec) PITT won't win. If he gets more than that, they're prolly going to win unless, again, Brown goes off.

I'll do that if you want. I'm sure PITT wins this game, let me know.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Ben threw 6 TDs against Baltimore last time they played in Pittsburgh. Baltimore's secondary, like Pittsburgh, is beat up and struggling.
Yeah, last time they played Pittsburgh only rushed for 53 yards as a team.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
The league is as mediocre as ever. I would say Denver is on the same level as Pittsburgh. Manning is not healthy and I wouldn't be shocked to see them bow out before the AFC championship game. It'll probably be small consolation to the Rams, but they when Denver and Arizona lose it will be in no small part because the Rams be the crap out of vital parts of each team. There, now each team can whine about how "everyone" was counting them out.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Against the Ravens?

I'll take that.

Which they usually do. Plus they also have Martavius Bryant, Markus Wheaton, Lance Moore, and Heath Miller as well. They are stacked at the skill posistions. OL is improving.

And they just signed Ben Taint as insurance. Plus on defense they aren't bad either and getting players back like Ryan Shazier, Troy, and Ike.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Every year the Colts emerge from the AFC central

I'm Colts are add after South aren't they

fearsomefour

Legend
I think its possible Tom Brady finally gets that 4th ring. The AFC road to superbowl runs through them.
Yeah, I am seeing Patriot v Seahawks Superbowl....which mean I will be going to see a movie more than likely....unless someone can promise a return (from the grave) of Fanman attempting to ruin the game.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, I am seeing Patriot v Seahawks Superbowl....which mean I will be going to see a movie more than likely....unless someone can promise a return (from the grave) of Fanman attempting to ruin the game.

That would be horrible. How do you watch a game where you want both to lose?