We were right to move on from Todd Gurley.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would still love him on the team as a 2nd or 3rd running back. Guy still has a nose for the endzone.

yeah.. perhaps... though i would rather have cam akers in that role.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Akers gonna be nasty. :horns: :cool: :horns:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I argued on this site we never should of signed him to that deal to begin with. Hard to give too much credit when you signed him to a bad deal to start. RBs are not a position we break the bank for even for a special one like Gurley. Always loved the player but hated that contract

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah im not sure any RB will get a massive contract again.. it sucks.. but they just get hurt so easily

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The most unfortunate part, is that a big chunk of our cap was for him this season, while he was playing on another team.

He was a GREAT player before his knee started giving him problems. But that was short lived.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I hate that it's so much more of a risk to give a true, franchise RB a big contract, because when you have one of those guys your offense can really be special. When Todd was here and healthy, once we had a good coach, he exploded and became the X-factor in an offense that gave opposing defensive coordinators cold sweats at night. And in a previous era, when the Rams had Marshall Faulk as a franchise RB, the offense was damn near unstoppable.

Todd's performance this year proved they were right to move on, but damn it's a shame it had to play out this way. I fantasize that some medical researcher is looking at bionic knees so injuries like Todd's can be reduced to a mere inconvenience.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I hate that it's so much more of a risk to give a true, franchise RB a big contract, because when you have one of those guys your offense can really be special. When Todd was here and healthy, once we had a good coach, he exploded and became the X-factor in an offense that gave opposing defensive coordinators cold sweats at night. And in a previous era, when the Rams had Marshall Faulk as a franchise RB, the offense was damn near unstoppable.

Todd's performance this year proved they were right to move on, but damn it's a shame it had to play out this way. I fantasize that some medical researcher is looking at bionic knees so injuries like Todd's can be reduced to a mere inconvenience.

Go look at history Joe Namath as The Rams QB.Then even Marshall Faulk. Todd Gurley already had a Knee injury
that was career threading. How The Rams gave him that contract is beyond me. I’ll add Jared Goff should have played for his contract as well,but he has been healthy.
Why Aaron Donald had to hold out & Gurley & Goff didn’t sort of upsets me.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yes both Gurley's and Goff's contracts were given to them early, and, had we just waited the timeframe we were allotted, we would have saved millions. Not a smart move by our front office at all. I understand the idea of it, its super attractive to free agents to see a team take care of their guys like that, but it backfired big time and needs to stop.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Yes both Gurley's and Goff's contracts were given to them early, and, had we just waited the timeframe we were allotted, we would have saved millions. Not a smart move by our front office at all. I understand the idea of it, its super attractive to free agents to see a team take care of their guys like that, but it backfired big time and needs to stop.
Hindsight