We Need to Extend NRC and Joyner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with that, except, I won't say he hasn't played good. He hasn't dominated those matchups, but if he got dominated, we would have lost every one of them, and we haven't. He is a pretty good, not great, corner. In his capacity, currently, he would be hard to replace, IMO.

I hope we can keep tru but the difference with him and the rest of our defense they are under contract he’s a free agent and The success of this defense is driving his already high price even further

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
i wonder if going from perennial losers to a legit super bowl contender will help keep free agents at a cheaper price. hopefully they love the feeling of winning and decide its better to stay for a little less than risk going to another losing team (ie Jenkins)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody good with numbers regarding cap space? I'm a little nervous, Donald is comes first. But Joyner and Watkins are equally important. I know Watkins has kind of fallen in line and Woods is still the number #1 wide out. But him and Goff will develop even better chemistry next year, so I'd love to have him back. With Watkins, Kupp and Woods, we have a threat on every play. If there were any players that were most important to me, its them.
Plenty of cap space, the only way we need to make moves to cut salaries is if we get crazy signing big name free agents. We should be fine to resign our own.

fearsomefour

Legend
Anybody good with numbers regarding cap space? I'm a little nervous, Donald is comes first. But Joyner and Watkins are equally important. I know Watkins has kind of fallen in line and Woods is still the number #1 wide out. But him and Goff will develop even better chemistry next year, so I'd love to have him back. With Watkins, Kupp and Woods, we have a threat on every play. If there were any players that were most important to me, its them.
About $51 M of room for next year as of now.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. I would like to sign NRC, Joyner and TruJo - if I had to guess, Joyner gets the tag.

His play has allowed his agent to demand the elite safety money - $8-$10 million per year.

If we re-sign them and Watkins, we have no real needs going into the draft.

We can easily take the BPA at any position, or address CB depth or the future at OL. Great stuff.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This is a great thread and, naturally, I have a few thoughts...

AD is not a must signing at this time. He’s going nowhere for 3 more seasons after this one. When he and his POS agent come to their senses, he will sign. Until then, he can wait.

Joyner is clearly a high priority signing. Period.

NRC would be close behind. That’d be 2 potential holes filled for years.

TruJo? I’d extend if he would sign for around $12-13 million, but beyond that it gets very iffy for me. It’s a value thing.

Here’s the risk about Webster. He may not be able to play until midseason next year. Maybe not at all. And truthfully, that Achilles might rob him of his top level NFL type skills. Those are scary injuries in terms of complete rehab, tbh. So S&M need to plan as if Webster won’t be available.

Some good CB news is Troy Hill. He’s playing quite well right now. The secondary didn’t miss a beat vs the Seahawks with Webster out. Could he be a long term solution? And isn’t he a FA next offseason, too?

Some of those sacks on Wilson were coverage sacks, so it behooves us to remain strong in our secondary for next year. Couple of big decisions must be made there.

Quinn has stepped up lately to my pleasant surprise. He might be on this roster in ‘18 after all, although his salary is a problem.

Littleton had a good game. He filled in admirably when Barron was hurt. Might have something there. Something more than just depth, I mean.

Barwin? I just dunno. Might stick, but might be a cap casualty if an OLB falls to us in the draft.

Wade is playing our DL rotation like a maestro. Seamless and devastatingly effective unit that simply dominated the Seahawks OL. Nevertheless, they are probably keeping their eye out for a NT this next offseason.

The O is pretty simple. Sign Watkins to a 5 year extension if he will agree to $8-9 million per. Otherwise, get another FA or a draft pick. I foresee Reynolds with a bigger role next year, anyway. And I see more TE targets next year, one way or another. Put simply, Watkins has not elevated himself to “must have” status, IMO.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I agree. I would like to sign NRC, Joyner and TruJo - if I had to guess, Joyner gets the tag.

His play has allowed his agent to demand the elite safety money - $8-$10 million per year.

If we re-sign them and Watkins, we have no real needs going into the draft.

We can easily take the BPA at any position, or address CB depth or the future at OL. Great stuff.

if hard knocks is anything to go by, maybe Joyner will take less to be here where hes thriving and winning

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
AD is not a must signing at this time.
Love your take 43...but please stop with this.....pretty please....with sugar on top.

AD drives this D.....he is the conductor of this orchestra.....oh yeah...he's the tractor to the defensive trailer....LOLOL.....just kidding...not really.

We sign him to keep a future HOF...a team leader....our best effin player....happy...content...and keeping everyone else in line.

Some good CB news is Troy Hill. He’s playing quite well right now.
Several that saw him in Oregon should also agree...this is a very similar way he played in Oregon. He's a natural press-man corner...he'll stay close...has very good athleticism....and should and will thrive in a Son of bum defense...esp. with a guy pushing the pocket on almost every play like AD.

Wait until he's really sharp on his technique....I'd expect him to be a 4-6 int. a season guy...as a starter.

As far as NRC & Joyner....Seems they have really made themselves some money. NRC hasn't been really offered what he's worth....I expect several teams to pursue him...Always liked his game.

Joyner....just wow....really like his instincts. Like his toughness....still wonder about his speed and size. Lets see if what he claims on Hard Knocks is the truth...he'd play for free....That's what he said, right? I'd love to keep all these guys...Tru, NRC, Joyner...in that order....Just don't think it's possible....Barron, Quinn, Tree, AD, Brockers....seems like a lot of $$$$ locked up on defensive talent? Lets see if Kevin D can get 'er done.

Last edited:

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Joyner is a must there's been talks hes our D MVP outside of Donald.
NRC would be great too he's having his best year yet but I think it'd be tough to bring back Tru if you sign NRC... tough choice.