We have arguably the top FA candidate at 3 positions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It's gonna be a tough job for Snead to make this work this offseason if he wants everyone back.

Tru J - top corner in FA

Lamarcus Joyner - top safety in FA

Sammy Watkins - top WR in FA

Sounds like they may be using tag on Watkins. I think it will be tough but not super difficult to get Joyner signed. We may end up paying him a significant amount of money.

I can't see how Tru doesn't hit the open market and make the crazy crazy CB money that's getting tossed around these days with cap increases year-to-year.

Because we have the top at all three, there's definitely a scenario where we only keep one of these guys. That would be a bummer.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I would focus on signing TruJ and Joyner before Watkins.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Joyner, Watkins, TruJ in that order IMHO. TruJ and Watkins may think they're worth a lot more than they are. Joyner has proven to be productive and consistent and likely the cheapest of the 3

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Joyner and Watkins will get locked up quickly I think. Joyner because he also adds flexibility, so he's absolutely critical. Watkins because he has upside in this offense and the Rams need to be able to focus the defense in this draft to replace Quinn and Trumaine.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Joyner is the first.
Due to depth at WR, Watkins is second. Rams are doing well even without him.

As much as I like Trujo, he is not a 16M player. CB is important but he is not enough of a difference maker.
NRC needs to be locked up though

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My concern is that Joyner gets a crazy offer in FA kinda like Mcleod did and we won't be able to match.

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
Trumain is a perfect #2 corner. I don't like him covering the best receivers on the field.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Joyner and Watkins will be signed. Tru will probably get an offer several million short of what his agent will be whispering in his ear so that's the unknown. Tru will have to take a several million dollar per year cut to remain a ram. How important it is to him to remain a ram will be the question. He's made so much over his performance the past 2 years and with his team familiarity and bond with the team I am hoping he stays.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Whether or not Tru's a number 1 or 2 corner is immaterial these days to the amount of money he'll receive as the top corner on the market (maybe Malcolm Brown is the better one). It's my understanding that top outside corners are getting money in spades these days and a premium is getting paid.

I think it's naive to think he'll take several million less to stay a Ram. He'll only stay a Ram if we match what he's gonna get on the open market. The "home team discount" here is that he doesn't leave cause we don't suck anymore.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Trumain is a perfect #2 corner. I don't like him covering the best receivers on the field.
Well then who do you like covering the enemy's best receiver? Kayvon (every joint in my body is inflamed) Webster? Realize that #1 corners are a very rare commodity and few exist and even fewer are ever available.

TruJo is the best we've got and, IMHO, he is OUR number one corner, and that ain't all that bad. Sign the man and move on to other issues.
And as for me among other considerations that is pay back playoff game against the Falcoons next year.......

~ArkyRamsFan~

fearsomefour

Legend
May have to chose two and hope we don't end up with one.
The DBs to me.
Easy choice.
If we can keep all three that would be ideal.

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
Well then who do you like covering the enemy's best receiver? Kayvon (every joint in my body is inflamed) Webster? Realize that #1 corners are a very rare commodity and few exist and even fewer are ever available.

TruJo is the best we've got and, IMHO, he is OUR number one corner, and that ain't all that bad. Sign the man and move on to other issues.
And as for me among other considerations that is pay back playoff game against the Falcoons

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
We don't even have Trumain Johnson as of right now. Was he our best option this year? Yes! is he our best option moving forward? Hell no! We have to draft a badass corner. I'm fine with keeping Trumain he was fine when we had Janoris. He's a liability against true 1 receivers.