We Have A New Member To Add To Rams Nation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Saturday Oct 27th at 8:16 pst my wife gave birth to our new beautiful daughter.

Amazingly enough the game was being shown on our local channel at the hospital so Sunday morning I race home to grab my Dickerson jersey and my daughters Rams skull cap so we could settle down and watch the game.

Surprisingly she was awake and alert as I held her to watch the start of the game. She became a little fussy and seemed none to happy to watch the Rams march the opening drive. Not sure if its a coincidence or not but she then became seemingly content watching NE hang 3 consecutive TDs on the board. Not quite sure what she found more pleasure in, NE dominating or daddy making up fake words to voice his displeasure. I think though I have a NE fane in the making. :nono:

I am hoping with the bye week I still have enough time to show her the errors of her ways and bring her back from the darkside.

Either way its nice having a new football buddy to watch the games with. :love:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Congratulations, the most wonderful times of my life were when Thor and Austin "the axe murderer" were little .
BTW Austin is "the axe murderer" because we trained for hand strength for wrestling when the boys were in grade school by chopping wood ,every morning we'd get up at 5:30 and go out to chop. When Austin was 9 and missed a lot he "murdered" a lot of axes.

PHX, spend all the time you can with her, nothing in the world is better than the love you share with a child. I hope she grows up to be a Rams sideline reporter.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
Congratulations, the most wonderful times of my life were when Thor and Austin "the axe murderer" were little .
BTW Austin is "the axe murderer" because we trained for hand strength for wrestling when the boys were in grade school by chopping wood ,every morning we'd get up at 5:30 and go out to chop. When Austin was 9 and missed a lot he "murdered" a lot of axes.

PHX, spend all the time you can with her, nothing in the world is better than the love you share with a child. I hope she grows up to be a Rams sideline reporter.

Thanks BatteringRambo and Thor..

Its funny you mentioned being a sideline reporter because I said the exact same thing.. LOL

PhxRam

Well back to the hospital I go (hope to bring her home today) I simply came home to feed the animals and record the shortcut game seeing as how CBS thought it was cute to cut away from the game.

See everyone later!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd say good going, but really... what did YOU do? :lol:

Seriously though. Congratulations, man. That's awesome.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That's awesome, congrats! You guys pick out a name for her yet?

Just make sure she knows Rams football is where it's at. Really you don't have to do much, she'll be smart enough to figure out that the Pats are a bunch of whiney cheaters. :mrgreen:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That's cool man. There's a local morning radio show where I live, and one of the hosts had a baby girl too. HE keeps talking about it and I love hearing about it. Makes me smile.

If it's anything the way he describes it, it is a lot of fun...lots of work...but fun.

PhxRam

bluecoconuts said:
That's awesome, congrats! You guys pick out a name for her yet?

Just make sure she knows Rams football is where it's at. Really you don't have to do much, she'll be smart enough to figure out that the Pats are a bunch of whiney cheaters. :mrgreen:

Yeah her name is Iyla ( pronounced I-La)

Her football smarts will come in time but as right now she seems to be on the right track with her music appreciation. The grateful dead playing in the background seems to sooth her soul.

To X-

I remember the conception day vividly. I would say I was doing WORK.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. One thing that really stands out about this board that X should really be proud about is the closeness that seems to exist between members. I consider many of you more then just Internet usernames and I thank you all for your well wishes. </suddenfoundsappybehavior>

I will check back throughout the day for there is a lot of downtime for the time being.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
PhxRam said:
Saturday Oct 27th at 8:16 pst my wife gave birth to our new beautiful daughter.

Amazingly enough the game was being shown on our local channel at the hospital so Sunday morning I race home to grab my Dickerson jersey and my daughters Rams skull cap so we could settle down and watch the game.

Surprisingly she was awake and alert as I held her to watch the start of the game. She became a little fussy and seemed none to happy to watch the Rams march the opening drive. Not sure if its a coincidence or not but she then became seemingly content watching NE hang 3 consecutive TDs on the board. Not quite sure what she found more pleasure in, NE dominating or daddy making up fake words to voice his displeasure. I think though I have a NE fane in the making. :nono:

I am hoping with the bye week I still have enough time to show her the errors of her ways and bring her back from the darkside.

Either way its nice having a new football buddy to watch the games with. :love:

It's only a matter of time...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF7b_MNEIAg[/youtube]

That's awesome though dude. Congrats!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Awesome, congrats, please post some pics if you get a chance.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Congratulations, Phoenix! It's so amazing to hear things like this. Best of luck to you and your family.

:cheese:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Congrats Phoenix. It's good to hear, good luck to your new bigger and better than ever family

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
A big Congrats, Phx!!! Little girls are very special. Enjoy!

PS. We also added a little girl to our family, 3-Sunday's ago. 1st girl on my side of the family-tree in over 100 years, since before my grandparents emigrated to the USA in 1912. Before then, just a sea of boys :)