We had our day off. 2013 mock.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Now that we had a day to decompress after the draft it's back to work.
I think the Rams orginal pick will be much higher.....But I would take these two players in a heartbeat. I have the Rams picking 19th or so winning 9 games. This is not as optimistic.
http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/ar ... ition.html

1 . Minnesota Vikings - Robert Woods, WR, USC*
-Getting a solid option opposite Percy Harvin may be wiser than replacing Christian Ponder.

2 . Oakland Raiders - Matt Barkley, QB, USC
-If the Raiders struggle like I anticipate, it'll be because Carson Palmer isn't the answer. Go with another USC product, 2nd best QB in the last 5 drafts.

3 . Arizona Cardinals - Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech*
-If Ken Whisenhunt is still around, he could have himself another Big Ben type quarterback.

4 . St. Louis Rams (via Wash) - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
-Stealing this pick from Washington, the Rams can like Te'o outside and have an elite front 7.

5 . St. Louis Rams - Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
-Likely Steven Jackson's final season in St. Louis, Lattimore is a rare running back that, like Trent Richardson, is well worth a Top 5 pick.

6 . Miami Dolphins - Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas
-He'll need to bulk up signficantly, but he's too good of a pass rusher to pass on here. Cameron Wake needs some pass rushing help to stay successful.

7 . Buffalo Bills - Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
-Maybe a slight reach, the Bills get a possibly the Outland award winning OT as their right (maybe left) tackle of the future.

8 . Tampa Bay Bucs - Jonathan Banks, CB, South Carolina
-Passing on Claiborne and Gilmore in the 2012 draft, the Bucs will need to move on from Aqib Talib, getting his replacement here.

9 . Cleveland Browns - Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkanass
-Brandon Weeden needs as much as help as he can get, and they can't bank on Greg Little being a consistent starter as of now.

10 . Cincinnati Bengals - Keenan Allen, WR, California
-Passed on receivers in the first round of 2012, Keenan Allen could have a monster year, helping Andy Dalton out of what I expect to be a down sophomore season.

11 . Carolina Panthers - Kawan Short, DT, Purdue
-Fletcher Cox wasn't the answer for the Panthers in 2012, but Short may be in 2013. A better fit and a great space eater.

12 . Indianapolis Colts - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame*
-Giving Andrew Luck a Coby Fleener type option would be ideal. Eifert can fill that role.

13 . Jacksonville Jaguars - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
-Pass rushers are always of value, so Jones may go higher because of it. Jaguars could use more pass rushing depth.

14 . New York Giants - Tavarris King, WR, Georgia
-Didn't get Mario Manningham's replacement in 2012, so I'd guess Eli Manning needs Victor Cruz to have another elite season to be successful. Doubt it happens again, and they go WR.

15 . Chicago Bears - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
-Brandon Marshall won't be enough for this team, and after adding pass rushing in 2012, they need to get more complete receiver options for Cutler. Hunter's ceiling is through the roof.

16 . New Orleans Saints - William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
-Coach Spagnuolo will bang the table for more pass rushing help, and Gholston is a freak athlete.

17 . New York Jets - Jon Cooper, OG, North Carolina
-Need more offensive line help, the Jets get a fantastic guard prospect that's powerful on the interior.

18 . Seattle Seahawks - Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
-Barring a deep playoff run, don't rule out this team trading up to get Matt Barklet REGARDLESS of where they are. Wilson would be a solid settling prize, though.

19 . San Diego Chargers - TJ McDonald, S, USC
-Safety is still a big need, and McDonald has elite potential. He'd complement Eric Weddle nicely.

20 . Pittsburgh Steelers - Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
-A safe, solid inside linebacker, he'll shine this year without Hightower/Upshaw in a still elite Alabama defense.

21 . San Francisco 49ers - Robert Lester, S, Alabama
-Playmaking deep safety, the 49ers will need to build up secondary after passing early in the 2012 draft.

22 . Kansas City Chiefs - Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
-Even if the Chiefs make the playoffs, Matt Cassell's future isn't safe. Bray may go higher.

23 . Denver Broncos - Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
-More of a luxury pick here, the Broncos don't have a whole lot of needs on defense, so going best player available would be wise.

24 . Houston Texans - Greg Reid, S, LSU*
-Now they have pass rushing depth, getting a big play safety could solidify this defense.

25 . Tennessee Titans - Devin Taylor, DE/OLB, South Carolina
-Would have strongly considered him in the 2012 draft if he declared, the long, talented rusher fits their mold of 1st rounders.

26 . Atlanta Falcons - Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
-Michael Turner is winding down, and the Falcons may need a day one starter by 2013. Ball will have wear-and-tear, but he has elite vision, patience too.

27 . Philadelphia Eagles - Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
-Will still need linebacker help next season Hodges is a safe, reliable pick that will fit the trend of Penn State starting linebackers, with the ceiling to be maybe the best of the past few years.

28 . Green Bay Packers - David Amerson, CB, NC State*
-Put up awesome numbers in 2011, if he can do it again, he'd be a steal here this late for the Packers.

29 . New England Patriots - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
-Patriots are going to start needing some fresh playmakers, and Austin certainly fits that mold.

30 . Detriot Lions - Kenny Taint, S, Maryland
-Unsure if he's a linebacker or safety, the Lions may need a bit of both in 2013 draft. Plus, Taint could be a fantastic Joker TE coverage option.

31 . Dallas Cowboys - Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
-I'm expecting big things from the Cowboys this season, but regardless, they'll need more playmakers in the backfield. Eillington has elite speed/big play ability.

32 . Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State
-After winning the Super Bowl, the Ravens look to keep a strength a strength, get another solid pass rusher.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I think a RB in the 1st round is a strong possibility for us next year. Dont feel the same way about OLB. Fisher keeps mentioning how teams need to be in their nickel D more often, we're set at MLB, and I just dont think we will value OLBs that high. I think the Giants are the same way when it comes to the draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
2013 mock? Freaks. :lmao:

I don't like where you have the Rams picking, but I do like where Washington is picking. And whoever owns the top spot is going to trade it for a King's ransom. Along that line of thinking, we'll trade both our first rounders for 2 additional seconds, 2 additional thirds, and two additional seconds the following year. That way, in 2014, we'll have 2 firsts, 5 seconds, and 5 third rounders.

WINNING.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
LOL! Yep, some draft freaks around here.

On that note, I just read the BRs report on next year's prospects and they have 9 LBs in the top 32. Maybe that's why the Rams paid the position nearly no attention in this year's draft?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This draft is all wrong. Everyone knows the Rams will be picking 32nd.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yamahopper said:
Now that we had a day to decompress after the draft it's back to work.
I think the Rams orginal pick will be much higher.....But I would take these two players in a heartbeat. I have the Rams picking 19th or so winning 9 games. This is not as optimistic.
http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/ar ... ition.html

1 . Minnesota Vikings - Robert Woods, WR, USC*
-Getting a solid option opposite Percy Harvin may be wiser than replacing Christian Ponder.

2 . Oakland Raiders - Matt Barkley, QB, USC
-If the Raiders struggle like I anticipate, it'll be because Carson Palmer isn't the answer. Go with another USC product, 2nd best QB in the last 5 drafts.

3 . Arizona Cardinals - Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech*
-If Ken Whisenhunt is still around, he could have himself another Big Ben type quarterback.

4 . St. Louis Rams (via Wash) - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
-Stealing this pick from Washington, the Rams can like Te'o outside and have an elite front 7.

5 . St. Louis Rams - Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
-Likely Steven Jackson's final season in St. Louis, Lattimore is a rare running back that, like Trent Richardson, is well worth a Top 5 pick.

6 . Miami Dolphins - Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas
-He'll need to bulk up signficantly, but he's too good of a pass rusher to pass on here. Cameron Wake needs some pass rushing help to stay successful.

7 . Buffalo Bills - Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
-Maybe a slight reach, the Bills get a possibly the Outland award winning OT as their right (maybe left) tackle of the future.

8 . Tampa Bay Bucs - Jonathan Banks, CB, South Carolina
-Passing on Claiborne and Gilmore in the 2012 draft, the Bucs will need to move on from Aqib Talib, getting his replacement here.

9 . Cleveland Browns - Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkanass
-Brandon Weeden needs as much as help as he can get, and they can't bank on Greg Little being a consistent starter as of now.

10 . Cincinnati Bengals - Keenan Allen, WR, California
-Passed on receivers in the first round of 2012, Keenan Allen could have a monster year, helping Andy Dalton out of what I expect to be a down sophomore season.

11 . Carolina Panthers - Kawan Short, DT, Purdue
-Fletcher Cox wasn't the answer for the Panthers in 2012, but Short may be in 2013. A better fit and a great space eater.

12 . Indianapolis Colts - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame*
-Giving Andrew Luck a Coby Fleener type option would be ideal. Eifert can fill that role.

13 . Jacksonville Jaguars - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
-Pass rushers are always of value, so Jones may go higher because of it. Jaguars could use more pass rushing depth.

14 . New York Giants - Tavarris King, WR, Georgia
-Didn't get Mario Manningham's replacement in 2012, so I'd guess Eli Manning needs Victor Cruz to have another elite season to be successful. Doubt it happens again, and they go WR.

15 . Chicago Bears - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
-Brandon Marshall won't be enough for this team, and after adding pass rushing in 2012, they need to get more complete receiver options for Cutler. Hunter's ceiling is through the roof.

16 . New Orleans Saints - William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
-Coach Spagnuolo will bang the table for more pass rushing help, and Gholston is a freak athlete.

17 . New York Jets - Jon Cooper, OG, North Carolina
-Need more offensive line help, the Jets get a fantastic guard prospect that's powerful on the interior.

18 . Seattle Seahawks - Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
-Barring a deep playoff run, don't rule out this team trading up to get Matt Barklet REGARDLESS of where they are. Wilson would be a solid settling prize, though.

19 . San Diego Chargers - TJ McDonald, S, USC
-Safety is still a big need, and McDonald has elite potential. He'd complement Eric Weddle nicely.

20 . Pittsburgh Steelers - Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
-A safe, solid inside linebacker, he'll shine this year without Hightower/Upshaw in a still elite Alabama defense.

21 . San Francisco 49ers - Robert Lester, S, Alabama
-Playmaking deep safety, the 49ers will need to build up secondary after passing early in the 2012 draft.

22 . Kansas City Chiefs - Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
-Even if the Chiefs make the playoffs, Matt Cassell's future isn't safe. Bray may go higher.

23 . Denver Broncos - Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
-More of a luxury pick here, the Broncos don't have a whole lot of needs on defense, so going best player available would be wise.

24 . Houston Texans - Greg Reid, S, LSU*
-Now they have pass rushing depth, getting a big play safety could solidify this defense.

25 . Tennessee Titans - Devin Taylor, DE/OLB, South Carolina
-Would have strongly considered him in the 2012 draft if he declared, the long, talented rusher fits their mold of 1st rounders.

26 . Atlanta Falcons - Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
-Michael Turner is winding down, and the Falcons may need a day one starter by 2013. Ball will have wear-and-tear, but he has elite vision, patience too.

27 . Philadelphia Eagles - Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
-Will still need linebacker help next season Hodges is a safe, reliable pick that will fit the trend of Penn State starting linebackers, with the ceiling to be maybe the best of the past few years.

28 . Green Bay Packers - David Amerson, CB, NC State*
-Put up awesome numbers in 2011, if he can do it again, he'd be a steal here this late for the Packers.

29 . New England Patriots - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
-Patriots are going to start needing some fresh playmakers, and Austin certainly fits that mold.

30 . Detriot Lions - Kenny Taint, S, Maryland
-Unsure if he's a linebacker or safety, the Lions may need a bit of both in 2013 draft. Plus, Taint could be a fantastic Joker TE coverage option.

31 . Dallas Cowboys - Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
-I'm expecting big things from the Cowboys this season, but regardless, they'll need more playmakers in the backfield. Eillington has elite speed/big play ability.

32 . Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State
-After winning the Super Bowl, the Ravens look to keep a strength a strength, get another solid pass rusher.

Hahaha was going to put a 2014 mock I found.

The issue with this mock is Barkley or Logan Thomas will go #1. There may be 5 qb's go in the first and 3 of the first 4 picks.
While the Rams aren't going to take a stinking QB we own the Skins 1st and it might be a top 3 pick based on what they did this off season. RGIII will help them but QB play was the least of their problems so yeah they might be a 3 win team.
We can trade that pick into more picks. Best case is Skins really suck and the Rams can trade the rights to Barkley for a couple more 1st's and a 2nd.

I do like Manti Te'o as a top pick for the Rams. He and JL would both be on the field for almost every snap the other LB would come off for a corner, he has great blitzing skills.

Still say the Rams win 9 games as a min. and I'm not ruling out a playoff berth.

superfan24

Starter
You all know I would be going nuts if Manti is drafted, but don't see it right now. He seems like a bona fide MLB he is smart and receptive enough to be moved to outside, however.
As good a character guy as a team could get.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I love Lattimore as a prospect. You want a Steven Jackson clone? This guy is it. The only problem with him is that he tore an ACL in the middle of his sophomore year. If he's fully recovered...well, look out, SEC. That includes Mizzou; South Carolina is in our division.

There's no way that D.J. Fluker (LT, Alabama), Tom Wort (MLB, Oklahoma), Sam Montgomery (DE, LSU), Tyrann Mathieu (DB, LSU), Barkevious Mingo (DE, LSU), Jake Matthews (LT, Texas A&M), Jelani Jenkins (OLB, Florida), and Barrett Jones, (OL, Alabama) go in the second round or later. Some of these guys are top-ten prospects at the moment.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I don't care if both Quick and Givens have 1000 yard season. If this guy declares we NEED to get him. If we don't...I'll be on suicide watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ8qpLWVrVs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiE2vjY9gso[/youtube]

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
QuantumOfSalas said:
I don't care if both Quick and Givens have 1000 yard season. If this guy declares we NEED to get him. If we don't...I'll be on suicide watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ8qpLWVrVs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiE2vjY9gso[/youtube]

This guy looks good out there. HOWEVER...I would like to see him get challenged at the LOS more. Secondary was playing off, but maybe its because the defender gives him too much respect?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
ljramsfan said:
This guy looks good out there. HOWEVER...I would like to see him get challenged at the LOS more. Secondary was playing off, but maybe its because the defender gives him too much respect?

Everytime I saw them try to press him in real games they couldn't get a hand on him and then he was open.