We can beat the Seahawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
After watching that game it was a tale of two halves , GB stupidly kept throwing the ball in the first half even though the pass rush was getting to Rogers, they just refused to take the run. Once they decided to run the ball they gouged Seattle, hopefully SJ is healthy cuz he can do everything Benson did and more.

The distance from the penthouse to the outhouse = the distance from Seattle to St,L ? Maybe, just maybe.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's gonna take some scheming for sure. If they watch last week's tape and combine it with this week's Seattle tape, it should look like the same exact film. Too much push up front from opposing defenses when they only rush FOUR is a recipe for disaster. I think they need to spread it out again like they did against Washington. I know it's a different defense and all, but the philosophy is the same. Get. More. People. Off. Of. The. Line.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
It's gonna take some scheming for sure. If they watch last week's tape and combine it with this week's Seattle tape, it should look like the same exact film. Too much push up front from opposing defenses when they only rush FOUR is a recipe for disaster. I think they need to spread it out again like they did against Washington. I know it's a different defense and all, but the philosophy is the same. Get. More. People. Off. Of. The. Line.

The problem with that is Seattles secondary is much better. One positive thing I took from the Bears game is Givens starting to get involved more, I really hope that continues to progress. Oh and if SJ is struggling, Richardson needs more touches, he may emerge as our 2nd best playmaker on offense.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Well, it will depend on who pays-off the replacement refs. If there are on the Rams side, then you can guarantee a win for us right now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JdashSTL said:
X said:

The problem with that is Seattles secondary is much better. One positive thing I took from the Bears game is Givens starting to get involved more, I really hope that continues to progress. Oh and if SJ is struggling, Richardson needs more touches, he may emerge as our 2nd best playmaker on offense.
Yes. Yes they are.

But when I say "spread it out", I don't mean start flinging it all over the field. I mean spread it out to keep them from stacking the box. The 3-4 v the Cover-2 is markedly different, but when we spread it out against Washington, they were able to keep them from crowding the LOS. Same principle. Keep 5 OL, Jackson in to block, and 4 wideouts. That forces them to put their safeties in man coverage or at a minimum drop a LB and bring the safety in. Either way, rushing 4-5 is better than rushing 6 or 7 and it could give us a little room to run. If they're going to be successful rushing 4 and dropping 7 (and they can be), then you might as well give them 4 receivers to cover instead of two.

Sounds simple, but it never is. Seattle could do a lot of things against a spread formation like that too. I'm seeing a lot of that amoeba defense lately, and they could do something like that to counter what we'd try on offense out of those sets. And you know what else? Fisher & company are going to do what they feel is best and I'm just spit-balling. lol.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
JdashSTL said:
X said:

Yes. Yes they are.

But when I say "spread it out", I don't mean start flinging it all over the field. I mean spread it out to keep them from stacking the box. The 3-4 v the Cover-2 is markedly different, but when we spread it out against Washington, they were able to keep them from crowding the LOS. Same principle. Keep 5 OL, Jackson in to block, and 4 wideouts. That forces them to put their safeties in man coverage or at a minimum drop a LB and bring the safety in. Either way, rushing 4-5 is better than rushing 6 or 7 and it could give us a little room to run. If they're going to be successful rushing 4 and dropping 7 (and they can be), then you might as well give them 4 receivers to cover instead of two.

Sounds simple, but it never is. Seattle could do a lot of things against a spread formation like that too. I'm seeing a lot of that amoeba defense lately, and they could do something like that to counter what we'd try on offense out of those sets. And you know what else? Fisher & company are going to do what they feel is best and I'm just spit-balling. lol.

One thing that ive noticed with the Ravens offense (mostly going off the sunday night game ha) is that whenever Flacco felt the pocket collapsing he always could step up and find Ray Rice near the LOS. I wonder if Bradford will be encouraged to start doing this more. I really feel like we could do the same with Richardson, let him make a play against an LB, and we know SJ can definitely catch, but he may not have the ability to get YAC like Richardson could.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I am worried that our Receivers, and check down people will not get open. Combine that with a sketchy O-line = disaster.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ram_Fan said:
I am worried that our Receivers, and check down people will not get open. Combine that with a sketchy O-line = disaster.

I think we can have some confidence in the defense. It would be nice to have Brockers back in time to help stop Lynch, he concerns me the most for their offense.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
JdashSTL said:
Ram_Fan said:

I think we can have some confidence in the defense. It would be nice to have Brockers back in time to help stop Lynch, he concerns me the most for their offense.

Agreed. Lynch is their offense. We can win this week.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Can we get last night's refs? They seemed almost incapable of going against the home team.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
Can we get last night's refs? They seemed almost incapable of going against the home team.
They were even sneaky. After calling 2 holding penalties on the home team, they wiped them out with a shady PI on the defense. They actually made it look like they were impartial. :shifty:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Ram Quixote said:
RamFan503 said:
They were even sneaky. After calling 2 holding penalties on the home team, they wiped them out with a shady PI on the defense. They actually made it look like they were impartial. :shifty:

I'm sure I read that the officials from the green bay-Seattle game were the same ones from our game vs the redskins. If that's true they shouldn't be anywhere near another NFL game, ever.

As for the game... Clemons scares me, as he has every time he's ever lined up against us. He got 4 sacks the other night. 4!! Clay Matthews got 3.5 in one game earlier in the season and the media lined up to kiss his ass! Clemons is the most underrated player in the NFL apart from JL55.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Seattle's secondary is pretty dang good. IMO our outside WRs(Gibson/Smith) are probably not good enough to get open one-on-one, consistently, with those CBs. We will have to attack the middle and underneath. They will probably gameplan for DannyA, so IMO Kendricks will need to have an expanded role. Givens too, he is good enough to get open.

I think Seattle is not as formidable against the run as they were last year. We can run against them. We should target Bruce Irvin when he's on the field. SJ and Richardson are key players so hopefully SJ is back to 100%. Id like to see some more 2 back sets.

On defense our DEs need to attack Russel Wilson, force him to make mistakes, and also keep contain on him. If Brockers is back, that would be HUGE. Heard and Cudjo have been blown off the line vs the run. Brockers can hold his own. We wont be able to shut Lynch down, but if we can slow him down their offense will have a hard time moving the ball.

This'll be a tough one, but we can win IMO

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
JMO but that crowd was terribly intimidating, I was harassed by the noise level watching at home.
I think the 12th man thing is real and ya know they are 2-0 at home 0-1 on the road,we NEED to "treat them" to home style noise.And btw RG< Russel Wilson, so no need to be intimidated and we are due to rebound like Chi, did against us.
I think the stars are aligning well for US in these next two games comapred to our opponents star signs.