We Asked For It . Slow Starts?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
RamBill
There's another way to look at it. Gurley's first halves are the body blows that set up his late-game haymakers. He has totaled 16 of his 442 rushing yards in the first quarter, 97 in the second, 116 in the third and 213 in the fourth.

Obviously because of Todd and not much more , teams are coming in Hyped to stop Todd Gurley early. I never knew Todd only had 16 yards in his 1st quarters. The defense scored our first 10 points this week . We had 3 yards in our first 2 series on "O" coming off a bye.

So I love Bills comments above relating Gurley's game to a boxer. The whole RAMS team needs to expect and adjust and adapt to all the new ways teams will try to stop Gurley. We need to have more plays geared to make it look like Gurley is definately getting the ball then have slipped someone out the backside to get the ball. Not Harkey carrying a piano anymore.

We have to mix it up and slow down the rush blitzes. Plus Nick Foles needs to come out with more energy and timing awareness. He was totally not ready when the game started yesterday.

First quarter slow starts are something we will need to battle and as the coaches had up signs leading into the season reminding the team of a FAST START. Well now every game we need to get the offense off to a fast start as a team MANTRA. Knowing the Gurley effect will be eventually taking place and the yards will finally come in bigger chunks.

SOOO If we see Todd Gurley breaking off long runs early then we know our offensive line has Finally gelled and total dominance is on its way. :yess: I still hate slow starts and hope Cignetti has plans each week to get us off to a better FAST START!!! NO INJURIES!!!:D Any idea's on a faster start?(y)