Way Too Early Division Season Predictions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I don't know if I'd call Phillie tough at home..

Last season -

Lost their first 4 home games before getting their first home win in week 11 against the redskins... 1-4 at home before their week 12 bye, and finished out 4-4

They were installing a completely new, innovative offense. That takes some time.

The second half Eagles are a much better indication of what we're going to see.

iced

They were installing a completely new, innovative offense. That takes some time.

The second half Eagles are a much better indication of what we're going to see.

and yet their defense was just as bad.

They also played a relatively weak schedule - their division twice, nfc north and the afc west... not to mention minnesota last year destroyed them 48 to 30

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
and yet their defense was just as bad.

They also played a relatively weak schedule - their division twice, nfc north and the afc west

You can only beat the teams you play.

not to mention minnesota last year destroyed them 48 to 30

...and we lost to the Falcons and Titans.

The second year under Chip Kelly is only going to make them better. We'll be able to compete with most teams, but I'm not going to sell a team that was 10-6 in their first year under a new coach short.

iced

You can only beat the teams you play.

...and we lost to the Falcons and Titans.

The second year under Chip Kelly is only going to make them better. We'll be able to compete with most teams, but I'm not going to sell a team that was 10-6 in their first year under a new coach short.

k but look at the loss - that was the point...it was week 15.

When we lost to Atlanta they still had a strong team, including Julio Jones. We lost to the Titans without Bradford...

I'm not selling them short - they have a great offense, but a terrible defense.... And they played a weak schedule. Playing the NFC West is not the same thing as playing the NFC North, especially a NFC north that was without rodgers and cutler..

7 of their wins came from teams who were drafting in the top 14 or higher... they had a cake schedule..not discounting their talent, but Schedule matters a lot.

And yea you can only beat the teams you play - but if you're gonna do comparisons/predictions you gotta base it also on how they played and how they match up strengths/weaknesses

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Chip Kelly=Overrated.

AZRamsFan93

There IFIFY!!:D And I don't see us losing to Philly, with us going in their coming off a Bye week!
Philly's running game will be a big problem. Shady McCoy is the back I fear most in the NFL. Also, our young defense will struggle against the tempo Philly will throw at us on the road. I see Philly as a loss.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Sure didn't look overrated racking up 10 wins in his first NFL season.
Did Andy Reid leave a talent bare team? Doubt it...Lucky to play Washington, Dallas, and the Giants twice....Lets see how Foles does without one of the great deep threats in the league stretching the field wide open....

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Here's mine:

Seattle 12-4
St Louis 10-6
San Francisco 9-7
Arizona 5-11

Rams:
Vs. Minnesota – W
@ Tampa Bay – W
Vs Dallas – W
@ Philadelphia – L
Vs San Francisco – W
Vs Seattle – W
@ Kansas City – L
@ San Francisco – W
@ Arizona – L
Vs Denver – L
@ San Diego – L
Vs Oakland – W
@ Washington – W
Vs Arizona – W
Vs New York Giants – W
@ Seattle – L

Seahawks:
Vs Green Bay – L
@ San Diego – W
Vs Denver – L
@ Washington – W
Vs Dallas – W
@ St Louis – L
@ Carolina – W
Vs Oakland – W
Vs New York Giants – W
@ Kansas City – W
Vs Arizona – W
@ San Francisco – W
@ Philadelphia – L
Vs San Francisco – W
@ Arizona – W
Vs St Louis – W

49ers:
@ Dallas – W
Vs Chicago – W
@ Arizona – W
Vs Philadelphia – L
Vs Kansas City – W
@ St Louis – L
@ Denver – L
Vs St Louis - L
@ New Orleans – L
@ New York Giants – W
Vs Washington – W
Vs Seattle – L
@ Oakland – W
@ Seattle – L
Vs San Diego – W
Vs Arizona – W

Arizona:
Vs San Diego – L
@ New York Giants – W
Vs San Francisco – L
@ Denver – L
Vs Washington – W
@ Oakland – W
Vs Philadelphia – W
@ Dallas – L
Vs St Louis – W
Vs Detroit – L
@ Seattle – L
@ Atlanta – L
Vs Kansas City – L
@ St Louis – L
Vs Seattle – L
@ San Francisco - L

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Did Andy Reid leave a talent bare team? Doubt it...Lucky to play Washington, Dallas, and the Giants twice....Lets see how Foles does without one of the great deep threats in the league stretching the field wide open....

Andy Reid left a 4-12 team.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
No problem whatsoever.

I have the Rams winning the first 3 as I believe the Rams are stronger than all 3, especially since Minnesota will either be starting a rookie QB or Matt Cassel. The pass rush will eat them alive. Adrian Peterson will still get his runs against us, but the Rams overcome him. The Bucs have a new scheme on offense and defense, and wont be ready for us come week #2. Tony Romo will be sacked at least 4 times and the Cowboys D is atrocious, so I see the Rams beating them as well.

Now for the rough part of the schedule:
- @ Philadelphia - I think their speed and playing on the road will give us our first loss. Philadelphia is very difficult to beat at home.
- Vs San Francisco - I do see a win here as San Francisco will still be dealing with injury losses, and the Rams will be up for a Monday Night Game (hopefully)
- Vs Seattle - I thought about this one for a while, but I just think the Seahawks are much better than us right now - just an honest observation. I hope I am wrong with this one
- @ Kansas City - Kansas City is a different team at Arrowhead than on the road - if this was in St Louis, I think we win, but this will be a difficult game for us to win. Again, I hope I am wrong
- @ San Francisco - Always difficult to win in San Fran, and the Niners at this point will be playing with a little more confidence with some injured/suspended players back for a few weeks. They will look to send a message after getting blown out by Denver the week before
- @ Arizona - I thought about this one for a while as well, but I don't think we get 2 wins over the Cardinals this year unfortunately. The Rams and Cardinals are similar in talent wise, and both would win a number of divisions in the NFL, but unfortunately we both play in the NFC West
- Vs Denver - Peyton will dissect our secondary in this one - this is the game I have about 5% chance of us winning
- @ San Diego - Plain and simple, I think the Rams are better than this team and could beat the Chargers anywhere they play
- Vs Oakland - no explanation needed here
- @ Washington - This one will be a close game, however Washington is still a solid team, especially on defense. Offensively, they have some weapons, especially with the addition of Desean Jackson. I think they have a chance to win their division this year. Of course this all falls on the hopes that RG3 is healthy this year
- Vs Arizona - Thursday night game we should win
- Vs Giants - Game we should also win, I am not going to say easily but this should be a win - much like the Tampa game last year
- @ Seattle - unless Seattle has home-field advantage sown up or unless they cannot gain anywhere in their playoff seedings, I don't see us winning up there

Hope this helps - just my opinion.
KC very overrated. all those wins were against sub.500 teams and they got crushed against good ones. if we can stop AP and that one dimensional offense then we beat KC too IMO. And the skins we always beat. I live outside DC I get a lot of Skins news and my belief is this year will be more of the same high claims and expectation but it falls apart. that's 10 wins in my book. I'm the pessimistic Rams fan turning optimistic for the first time in 10 years. don't burst my bubble lol

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Philly's running game will be a big problem. Shady McCoy is the back I fear most in the NFL. Also, our young defense will struggle against the tempo Philly will throw at us on the road. I see Philly as a loss.
I tend to think people over-estimate Chips abilities, Look who he went up against last year, 'The NFC Least!' JMO!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Here are my way too early predictions for the division this year. I know folks like to say, Seattle will be 13-3 or San Fran will be 8-8, but until you actually look at their schedule, it is hard to dissect. Here is what I have:

Seattle 12-4
San Francisco 10-6
St Louis 8-8
Arizona 8-8

Rams (8-8):
Vs. Minnesota – W
@ Tampa Bay – W
Vs Dallas – W
@ Philadelphia – L
Vs San Francisco – W
Vs Seattle – L
@ Kansas City – L
@ San Francisco – L
@ Arizona – L
Vs Denver – L
@ San Diego – W
Vs Oakland – W
@ Washington – L
Vs Arizona – W
Vs New York Giants – W
@ Seattle – L

Seahawks (12-4):
Vs Green Bay – W
@ San Diego – W
Vs Denver – W
@ Washington – L
Vs Dallas – W
@ St Louis – W
@ Carolina – L
Vs Oakland – W
Vs New York Giants – W
@ Kansas City – L
Vs Arizona – W
@ San Francisco – L
@ Philadelphia – W
Vs San Francisco – W
@ Arizona – W
Vs St Louis – W

49ers (10-6):
@ Dallas – W
Vs Chicago – W
@ Arizona – L
Vs Philadelphia – L
Vs Kansas City – W
@ St Louis – L
@ Denver – L
Vs St Louis - W
@ New Orleans – L
@ New York Giants – W
Vs Washington – W
Vs Seattle – W
@ Oakland – W
@ Seattle – L
Vs San Diego – W
Vs Arizona – W

Arizona (8-8):
Vs San Diego – W
@ New York Giants – W
Vs San Francisco – W
@ Denver – L
Vs Washington – L
@ Oakland – W
Vs Philadelphia – L
@ Dallas – W
Vs St Louis – W
Vs Detroit – W
@ Seattle – L
@ Atlanta – L
Vs Kansas City – W
@ St Louis – L
Vs Seattle – L
@ San Francisco - L

Nice job with the Rams schedule, 8&8's where I am as the "most likely" result. Although I can see the possibility of 3 more wins if the ball bounces our way. That 7 game (4 on the road) period following the bye is a real killer indeed.

Ramatik

Starter
I figure the 9ers at 7-9.

Man, I'm getting angry.

Too bad the 9er fans are all in hiding right now.