Watched Practice at CLU, ran into Higbee at work

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Hello everyone! I have been lurking these forums for about a year now but never got around to making an account until now. First off, I just wanted to say that I really like this community and appreciate all the news and information many of you provide on a daily basis.

The reason why I wanted to make this post is because I had something pretty cool happen yesterday. My parents live across the street from the practice fields at California Lutheran University and I happened to be at their house when I heard yelling and whistles in the distance. So I immediately threw on my jersey and rams hat and walked over to the fields hoping I would be able to see part of their final practice before leaving to San Francisco!

They have two fields that they use for practice. I wasn't able to get too close because they have a fence that blocks out access. A Rams employee came up to me and told me that residents are allowed to watch because they make a lot of noise but said not to take any videos, just pictures. I took a few pictures but the quality of them are not that great since the players were pretty far away.

I did see Gurley make a few good runs and Keenum make a nice throw to Britt. After the 11 on 11 drills, they split the defense and offense up onto two different fields.

I only stayed for about half an hour and then I had to go to work. About half way through my shift a huge guy comes walking into my work with a Rams shirt on. I immediately realize that it's Tyler Higbee. I told him that I am a huge rams fan and said that I saw him tear it up against Dallas in preseason. He started laughing and asked for my name, shook my hand, and talked about if I lived in the area, etc. he said that the team leaves for San Francisco Sunday morning. Overall, he was a really chill and awesome guy to talk to! I'm so excited for Monday for the Rams to take on the 9ers! The offseason takes way too long!

TL;DR
Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I live next to CLU and I ran into Higbee at work last night.

Last edited:

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here is a photo of practice, I know it's bad quality, next time I'll bring a better camera. You can at least see the 3 QBs

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 209

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's pretty cool. Higbee looks like a mountain of a dude on screen. Probably looks even bigger in person.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's pretty cool. Higbee looks like a mountain of a dude on screen. Probably looks even bigger in person.
Yeah he's definitely huge, I'm 6'3 as it is so he's not too much taller but he's obviously way more built!:ROFLMAO: I was tempted to ask for a picture or autograph but I was working and didn't want to bug him too much.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hello everyone! I have been lurking these forums for about a year now but never got around to making an account until now. First off, I just wanted to say that I really like this community and appreciate all the news and information many of you provide on a daily basis.

The reason why I wanted to make this post is because I had something pretty cool happen yesterday. My parents live across the street from the practice fields at California Lutheran University and I happened to be at their house when I heard yelling and whistles in the distance. So I immediately threw on my jersey and rams hat and walked over to the fields hoping I would be able to see part of their final practice before leaving to San Francisco!

They have two fields that they use for practice. I wasn't able to get too close because they have a fence that blocks out access. A Rams employee came up to me and told me that residents are allowed to watch because they make a lot of noise but said not to take any videos, just pictures. I took a few pictures but the quality of them are not that great since the players were pretty far away.

I did see Gurley make a few good runs and Keenum make a nice throw to Britt. After the 11 on 11 drills, they split the defense and offense up onto two different fields.

I only stayed for about half an hour and then I had to go to work. About half way through my shift a huge guy comes walking into my work with a Rams shirt on. I immediately release that it's Tyler Higbee. I told him that I am a huge rams fan and said that I saw him tear it up against Dallas in preseason. He started laughing and asked for my name, shook my hand, and talked about if I lived in the area, etc. he said that the team leaves for San Francisco Sunday morning. Overall, he was a really chill and awesome guy to talk to! I'm so excited for Monday for the Rams to take on the 9ers! The offseason takes way too long!

TL;DR
Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I live next to CLU and I ran into Higbee at work last night.
Welcome to ROD.
No more lurking. Get in here and mingle.

A55VA6

Legend
That's pretty cool man! Higbee seems like a good dude. I feel like he could be a weapon for us this year too!

And btw, welcome! Hope to see you around here more often.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I only stayed for about half an hour and then I had to go to work. About half way through my shift a huge guy comes walking into my work with a Rams shirt on. I immediately release that it's Tyler Higbee. I told him that I am a huge rams fan and said that I saw him tear it up against Dallas in preseason. He started laughing and asked for my name, shook my hand, and talked about if I lived in the area, etc. he said that the team leaves for San Francisco Sunday morning. Overall, he was a really chill and awesome guy to talk to! I'm so excited for Monday for the Rams to take on the 9ers! The offseason takes way too long!

TL;DR
Nice little report! Welcome to ROD! " Get a better Camera, these threads need photos! LOL!(y) I live in Simi Valley, so maybe we'll bump into each other at practice some day!(y);):D

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I was working in a liquor store about 15 yrs ago when this big dude comes in. Turns out it was Tommy Bennett. Safety for the Cardinals. All i was thinking was this guy is a SAFETY? I'm not a big dude but i once had dreams of being a WR.
36" vert, really fast, good hands.
Yeah, fuck no. I can't imagine coming across the middle of the field and getting disintegrated by some of these NFL DB's.

Hello basketball.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Very cook dude, I'm excited to see him play this season. While Higbees the subject, anyone know how tall he is? Everything pre-draft says 6'6 but the Rams have him listed at 6'4.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I was working in a liquor store about 15 yrs ago when this big dude comes in. Turns out it was Tommy Bennett. Safety for the Cardinals. All i was thinking was this guy is a SAFETY? I'm not a big dude but i once had dreams of being a WR.
36" vert, really fast, good hands.
Yeah, freak no. I can't imagine coming across the middle of the field and getting disintegrated by some of these NFL DB's.

Hello basketball.

Had the same reaction with TJ McDonald, both he and Mo for that matter. They were near the fenceline when we walked in during camp and I told my buddy "I don't know how Tavon does it." Both big boys and not just tall, would not want to be hit by either comin across the middle.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Welcome, thanks for the post!
Pretty cool to see Higbee too!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Went to UCI & on a special teams drill he & Morgan Fox really ran down field & would manhandle the blocking machine.He is seriously a powerful.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Very cook dude, I'm excited to see him play this season. While Higbees the subject, anyone know how tall he is? Everything pre-draft says 6'6 but the Rams have him listed at 6'4.
Tyler Higbee is 6-foot-6 and 250 pounds.Lance Kendricks (6'3)looks like a midget standing next to Higbee.

Last edited: