Watch Out For This Scam

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Account Paypal Locked !

Dear Paypal Member,

Due to the number of incorrect login attempts, your Paypal Account has been locked for your security. This has been done to secure your accounts and to protect your private information in case the login attempts were not done by you..
At Paypal Bank we care about your security so, for your protection we are proactively notifying you of this activity.

If you did not trigger this lockout, follow this link to Log on to your Paypal Online Account :

Click here to unlock your account (i removed the link which leads to some scam site.)

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Be careful of these scams folks

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good info man. These A-holes seem to work all the angles.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
Good info man. These A-holes seem to work all the angles.

Looked pretty official when it came in. Good rule of thumb is to mouse-over a link to see where its taking you. If the mouse-over is masked simply copy link location and paste it in the address bar so you can look at it. Even better rule of thumb is to never click on anything in e-mail..lol

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Another way that you can tell if the email was sent by a spammer is to look at the grammar. Exclaimation points are the biggest giveaway; almost every legit website avoids them like the plague (including ROD, if the emails that have told me that I have a private message are any indication). I can see an exclaimation point in the first sentence, so that should be a giveaway.

Apparently, this guy, like many spammers, has very little idea of how to properly utilize commas, so that's really the only other giveaway that you need.

Anyway, I'm really grateful for the alert, PhxRam. Thank you.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I never open anything that addresses me as an account holder. If it was legitimately from anywhere that I have an "account", then they would address me by name. That's the tip-off right there. Anytime I get something from Paypal, they address me by my name.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
I never open anything that addresses me as an account holder. If it was legitimately from anywhere that I have an "account", then they would address me by name. That's the tip-off right there. Anytime I get something from Paypal, they address me by my name.

I dunno... I think if I got something that said "Dear Mr. X" I'd be at least a little suspicious. :tooth: