Watch Cowboys vs. Rams 1973

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gomorgan

UDFA
I was sitting in the closed end of the Coliseum for that game. Watching the bombs from Hadl to Jackson was amazing and very exciting. 1973 was my first year doe Rams season tickets and it was a great year being a Rams fan.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Just to add a little to my earlier comparisons between the 73 squad and todays. Hadl brought in to 'Manage things' not necessarily win with his arm (ala Foles) A strong running game, and a tough Defense! this all conjures up feels, Like "This is what Fishers trying to bring to town!! A Rams Squad like the 73 one, today, would work just fine!!

I think that there's gonna be another strong resemblance to the '73 Hadl team, 51.

I'm talking about a devastating play action passing attack off of a seriously respected ground game.

The similarities are almost too obvious. Hadl/McCutcheon and Foles/Gurley.

Harold Jackson had over 200 yards in that '73 game in the first half!

Hot Damn!

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Little tough for me to co-relate John Hadl with Nick Foles.

One was an established upper echelon veteran QB nearing the end of a brilliant career while the other is basically entering his 3rd season as a starting QB.

Would love for you guys to be right tho!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think that there's gonna be another strong resemblance to the '73 Hadl team, 51.

I'm talking about a devastating play action passing attack off of a seriously respected ground game.

The similarities are almost too obvious. Hadl/McCutcheon and Foles/Gurley.

Harold Jackson had over 200 yards in that '73 game in the first half!

Hot Damn!
Maybe, just maybe, Tavon will be our modern-day version of Harold Jackson!!
(Pleeeease!! Lord let it happen against the 49ers! and let them say SOSAR!)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Audie Murphy for the block please!
Truly a real Hero! Granted!!!!! But I give the Duke the edge because he never pistol-whipped a guy in real life! But all those Real-Life Medals do count for something!!(y)(y)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Truly a real Hero! Granted!!!!! But I give the Duke the edge because he never pistol-whipped a guy in real life! But all those Real-Life Medals do count for something!!(y)(y)

True and love the Duke, but as to Great Americans I will always go with Audie Murphy & Alvin Cullum York...Although York went off into the sunset for good reason whereas Murphy made some great movies and Tom Landry I actually had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with and I felt I was in the presence of not only greatness, but he was so above reproach, but I did inform him that he broke my heart on many Sunday's.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I found myself looking around at the fans in this piece.

It was a different era. No big jumbotron. Fans and sideline personnel wearing neckties to the game (coach Landry had one on too).

That was back when the game was the experience.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I found myself looking around at the fans in this piece.

It was a different era. No big jumbotron. Fans and sideline personnel wearing neckties to the game (coach Landry had one on too).

That was back when the game was the experience.

Back then team memorabilia hardly existed especially if you rooted for a team outside your area. Thank God for the Sears Catalog back then because that's where most of my Ram gear came from and is the last time I recall donning pajamas.

jap

Legend
i remember that game. The newspaper headlines highlighting Harold Jackson's four touchdowns were, "JACKSON! JACKSON! JACKSON! JACKSON!"

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Back then team memorabilia hardly existed especially if you rooted for a team outside your area. Thank God for the Sears Catalog back then because that's where most of my Ram gear came from and is the last time I recall donning pajamas.
i had forgotten this, but that is so true

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I dont understand how these men can make a play, a touchdown, a sack, an interception....and simply hand the ball to the ref and run off the field? No dancing, no celebrations, no chest thumping? Its almost as if they had made plays before. Really Strange.:whistle:

Maybe they didn't have choreography coaches back then? :cool: