Washington Redskins rumors: Several NFL experts predict win over LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
http://us.blastingnews.com/sports/2...A3Np74hDuInO0IZqPX_mqmEJwXvZaSxuMWUXBSrn7Hu0_
Washington Redskins rumors: Several NFL experts predict win over LA Rams - youtube screen capture / NFL

#Washington Redskins rumors predict a tough game against the #Los Angeles Rams on Sunday (Sept. 17), but there are a few #NFL experts who feel that the Redskins are going to win this one. In the Week 2 NFL picks and predictions by ESPN, Matt Bowen, Mike Golic, and Dan Graziano are going with the Redskins over the Rams. In their Week 1 predictions, Bowen was 10-5, Golic was 7-8, and Graziano was 9-6.

Game time is 1:25 p.m. PT on Sunday, with an over/under of 45 points and the Rams currently favored by 2.5 points. In their Week 1 game, the Los Angeles Rams beat the Indianapolis Colts 46-9 behind a career-high 306 passing yards by quarterback Jared Goff.

The Washington Redskins came up short against the Philadelphia Eagles, losing 30-17 in the home opener.

Injury report for Redskins vs. Rams game
Washington Redskins receiver Josh Doctson is on the Week 2 injury report and currently listed as questionable for the game against the Rams. Doctson had already missed two of the first three preseason games for the Redskins due to a hamstring injury that has not gone away. It limited him in the season-opener and forced coach Jay Gruden to limit his involvement in practices this week.

Gruden hasn’t decided to rule out Doctson for the Rams game but will provide an injury update on the situation this weekend. The first-round pick of the 2016 NFL Draft has been injured quite a bit since joining the Redskins, missing 14 games last year due to Achilles’ issues.

The Washington Redskins’ injury report also has several other players on it, including running back Chris Thompson (back), receiver Jamison Crowder (hip), and tackle Morgan Moses (angle), but they should all be good to go by game time.

Week 2 keys to victory for Redskins
There are a lot of Washington Redskins rumors that focus on the running game and the team has to establish the run early in this game against the Los Angeles Rams. That will allow quarterback Kirk Cousins more freedom in the passing game, giving him a chance to show that his Week 1 performance against the Philadelphia Eagles was a fluke. It’s also important for the defense to rush the decision-making process for Rams quarterback Jared Goff and force him into some early mistakes.

There are a number of other great games on the Week 2 NFL schedule, including the Green Bay Packers trying to prove themselves against the Atlanta Falcons. Meanwhile, some possibly good news for Washington Redskins fans is that many experts are predicting that the Dallas Cowboys won’t win the NFC East this year [VIDEO].

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh a lot of the experts also predicted scein for the colts

How dat turn out bitches

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2015 week 2. After winning a tough battle with Seattle we faced Washington at home in what felt like a for sure 2-0 start. A lot of our current players and mcvay probably remember that

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
2015 week 2. After winning a tough battle with Seattle we faced Washington at home in what felt like a for sure 2-0 start. A lot of our current players and mcvay probably remember that

That is why they will not let this game have a similar ending.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They're giving the Skins defense way too much cred. I put up their stats in the other thread, they're not a top defense by any stretch of the imagination and they gave up 30 with their revamped unit in game one vs Philly.

Offensively they are acting like this is the Skins of last year. But they're NOT. This offense is missing their top two wideouts. They have a new OC who has struggled through the preseason and game one. So tired of pundits that refuse to do any homework man, it's ridiculous. If you want to pick against the Rams do so, but at least take a real look at the rosters, and the offseason changes this early in the season. Effin ridiculous.

I am not impressed by Washington. They're going down and it might be another epic @$$ whoopin.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Jumping on the McVay bandwagon

addon.php

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
we better win this fuckin game man...

sick of the go out and put up 46 points in a blowout and look like we're turning the corner and then come out the next week and lay an egg against a mediocre team.. that's some Jeff Fisher 7-9 bullshit

time to string some wins together and prove this ain't the "same ole Rams" fuck that

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
These 3 were the only ones from espns so called experts to pick washington. The other 8 or so so took the rams. And if I recall bowen and golic usually have lower winning percentages than what any expert should have.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Pretty sure that loss was in Washington but yeah it does feel the same

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I heard a rumor that said the Rams will control the tempo on O and serve a heavy dose the 3 n outs with a side of turn overs.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
we better win this freakin game man...

sick of the go out and put up 46 points in a blowout and look like we're turning the corner and then come out the next week and lay an egg against a mediocre team.. that's some Jeff Fisher 7-9 bullcrap

time to string some wins together and prove this ain't the "same ole Rams" freak that
Just keep reminding yourself, "This is NOT the Fisher Era, This is the McVay Era!" Two TOTALLY different Teams!!(y);):D

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.hogshaven.com/2017/9/16/16320596/redskins-at-rams-staff-picks-keep-calm-and-carry-on

Redskins At Rams Staff Picks: Keep Calm And Carry On
Last week was bad for the Redskins and our ability to predict their performance. BUT EVERYONE STAY CALM!
by Bryan Stabbe

845321192.0.jpg

Photo by Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images

For the fourth straight year under Jay Gruden’s watch, the Redskins dropped their season opener. Perhaps the only good news is save for in a playoff matchup, Eagles fans will mercifully not be welcomed to FedEx Field until 2018.

The game was gut punch: Josh Doctson didn’t show up, Kirk Cousins led an anemic ground game in rushing, the "Hogs 2.0" offensive line looked like subway turnstiles, and the defensive front seven’s inability to bring down Carson Wentz in the pocket was their ultimate undoing. If you’re new ‘round these parts you may come to learn that some people have a tendency to react with strong emotions, both positively and negatively.

However, as hard as it may be perhaps this is the opportunity to be mindful of the hyperbole and to do something about it. Was the game a let down? Oh yes. Was the ending ruling by the officials suspect? Undoubtedly. Should the Redskins have ever allowed the game to get to that situation? Of course they shouldn’t have.

Are there still 15 more games to turn things around? There are.

A week one loss is not a harbinger of things to come, and the Redskins have an opportunity to right the ship, playing in Los Angeles for the first time since a 24-21 win in the Rams’ final game before they moved to St. Louis.

As for our predictions, well we did not do so hot either. Everyone picked the Redskins to win, and we are all winless.

Did we learn our lesson? Sure didn’t.

Bryan H. Stabbe (0-1): 27-21, Redskins
I picked that the Redskins would be better this year than they were last year. I’m not ready to give up on that prediction just yet. The Rams are a popular dark-horse pick in the NFC West this year, but I still can’t get on board with a QB who doesn’t know which direction the sun rises.

Tom Garrett (0-1): 27-24, Redskins
Make or break time. Already. If the offense struggles again and the Redskins lose --- in a game against their former OC --- the scrutiny will be intense, and the pressure will reach a breaking point. I'm banking on desperation being a powerful motivator. This is also a good "are they for real" test for the Rams after last week's blowout win over a Luck-less Colts squad. I'm sure the 12,000 fans in attendance will be treated to an exciting contest.

Philip Hughes (0-1): 28-24, Redskins

Bill-in-Bangkok (0-1): 20-16, Redskins
I initially predicted a loss for the Redskins, but after re-watching the Eagles game I've shaken off the PTSD a bit. The Redskins pass rush was all over Wentz, but he was shaking them off like a dog shaking off water. Jared Goff won't be shaking off tacklers quite so easily.

Jamison Crowder isn't going to muff another punt, Tress Way isn't gonna shank another punt, and Terrelle Pryor is going to remember how to catch the football.

Then there's the 3-year history under Jay Gruden. Three opening week losses -- twice followed by wins in Week 2. That pattern becomes a trend this year.

I don't think the offense is ready to win this game, but I think the defense is. This looks like a D that's gonna give up 20 points a game this season (versus 24 ppg in 2016) but the Rams used up their offensive mojo last week against the Colts. They score only a single touchdown, and Zuerlein tries to keep them in the game with long field goals.

That doesn't work for the Rams. Both teams finish the day 1-1.

Cadillactica (0-1): 20-17, Redskins
The deciding factor here will be the DL getting the best of their OL by pressuring Goff and stopping Gurley. Kupp is going to be featured by the Rams. A late FG wins this for the skins.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
In the Week 2 NFL picks and predictions by ESPN, Matt Bowen, Mike Golic, and Dan Graziano are going with the Redskins over the Rams.

Dewey-beats-Truman.jpg

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
In the pool I'm in, I went 10-6 w/ the spreads last week and I'm taking the Rams (again) THIS week.
I'm no expert, but neither are those guys.

20-16 Rams. Eat THAT espn puppets.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If Mike Golic is an expert, then I am Einstein's even smarter brother.

All of these clowns are totally ignoring g a few points:

1.Aaron Donald is back.
2. Goff has very good pocket presence
3. Washington is on the road
4.McVay will be well prepared against them and he will give Wade ammo on how to exploit Cousins
5. They cannot allow themselves to imagine the Rams being good
6. They think this is the 80's dominating Skin's team
7. Quinn will play more snaps
8. The Rams pass blocking was very good against the Colts
9.Aaron Donald is back

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fans gets angry at sports writers for giving their predictions.Free advice: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff: And It's All Small Stuff.

KDS73

Rookie
Not sure I'd go as far as to call three ESPN talking heads "experts", but ok. Seems like some of you are reaching for reasons to feel slighted for some reason.

They're giving the Skins defense way too much cred. I put up their stats in the other thread, they're not a top defense by any stretch of the imagination and they gave up 30 with their revamped unit in game one vs Philly.

I am not impressed by Washington. They're going down and it might be another epic @$$ whoopin.

Eagles defense scored one of their TD's so I'm not sure how you end up putting all 30 points on the Skins' defense. Matter of fact, Skins defense only allowed two TD's to Philly's offense when you look at it realistically. They also forced a pick 6 from Wentz with a tipped pass at the line, and they got pressure on Wentz all day. I don't think it's gonna be nearly the "ass whoopin" you're expecting it to be.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
A lot of the handicappers like the Skins... there is a vegas guy that calls in on local radio that every Saturday to give college & pro picks.

He also took the Skins. They use trends so in this case teams that score 40+ on opening day are 3-17 against the spread the next week.

I think the Redskins have also been very good on the road against the spread, while the Rams, when favored, have not been a good play, I forget the numbers on that.

Of course the obvious thing here is this is not the same Rams team, but that overall NFL trend about scoring 40 and conibg up small the next week does scare me a bit.

I would feel better if the Skins were coming off a win and not being in an almost must win position. It's early, but 0-2 is never good, especially in what looks like a solid NFC East.