Washington headed to playoffs for 2nd time after big trade with Rams/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I don't think anyone , here or elsewhere, would say it was bad trade for the Rams - in fact it is universally thought to be a huge win for the Rams. It is just frustrating as a Rams fan to think a organization as poorly thought of as the Skins, with poor management (not coaching but ownership etc.), constant salary cap issues through the years, a meddling owner, and a team many think we bamboozled in major trade that should have set them back has made the playoffs 2 times since then and we haven't even truly sniffed post season.

Lets be honest as bad as we have been many lump the Skins in with that small group of teams that as Rams fans we look at and go -"well at least we aren't that team".....frustrating when you fleece one of those teams and they end up where you want to be.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It was then and remains now a fantastic trade for the Rams. That doesn't change the fact that we did not turn that trade and those good players into a playoff, or even a winning team. It's fine to argue that we had less to start with I guess. I don't see how that matters now, a few seasons removed from the trade. We've got a more talented team overall. I don't think Keenum is that far behind Cousins. And he sat behind Davis and Hill last year. He sat behind Foles and was given absolutely no chance to compete for the starting job while the team anointed Foles leader of the future and a new contract before he ever threw a game pass. We have Gurley, they don't. We have Aaron Donald, they don't. We can't even really argue that playing in the NFC West is a factor, because we've handled our division and blown chunks outside of it. I get that we're riding a 3 game winning streak, and that we have a great chance at .500. I get that optimism is starting to perk for next year. But overall, it's been a poor showing from Fisher, especially the last two years. You look at the team rosters for us and the 'skins and I bet every HC in the NFL would take ours before theirs. Yet here we sit again.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Minus Carson Palmer, I think most people would take our roster over the Cardinals roster.

Anyone think we're not in the playoffs if Arians is our coach??

Having said that, I agree that we would have won the NFC East this year, and the Skins would be in 3rd place in the West.

Getting high off this Seattle win, but the truth is, we could still upgrade our HC

Athos

Legend
The Giants waxed us last year, the FireSkins waxed us this year. Dal doesn't haven't Romo and the Iggles are the Iggles, but what makes you think we'd win that division?

What's Fishers record here outside of the NFC West? Pretty dang poor off the top of my head. We just can't beat none division foes for whatever reason.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
As far as the quality of the teams, I would say the Rams and Redskins are pretty close. The one player they got with that trade turned out to be a bust. We got multiple players and parlayed those into some trade ups/down for more. So why are we not much better than them after all of that?

Anyone could say we're a better right now because of the 3 game winning streak and possibly 4. But the fact is, they beat us and they have a better record. That indicates they're better than us. I know we got some really good players through the draft like Donald and Gurley. But we're not a winning team. Either this regime really screwed the pooch on all those extra picks or they don't know what to do with them.

DVontel

Rookie
Minus Carson Palmer, I think most people would take our roster over the Cardinals roster.

Anyone think we're not in the playoffs if Arians is our coach??

Having said that, I agree that we would have won the NFC East this year, and the Skins would be in 3rd place in the West.

Getting high off this Seattle win, but the truth is, we could still upgrade our HC
Ehhhh, why do you think that?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ehhhh, why do you think that?

Did a poll on a Seahawk forum and Seahawks and Niner fans mostly picked the Rams roster (before the season).

Plus I just think we have some better players (aside from the QB position where you guys obviously have a huge advantage).

We went 3-1 against the Cards and Seahawks while starting garbage QBs and with Jeff Fisher as our coach. Care to trade us Arians and Palmer for Fisher and Foles and see what happens? Although I admit it'd be hard to improve upon 14-2...

Don't get me wrong, the Cardinals are the best team in the NFL - but breaking the team down player by player, it's my opinion that Arians does an unbelievable job getting the most out of his players.

Just as an example....if you had a real life fantasy draft, I could make a case that three Rams would come off the board before the first Cardinal (PP21 or Mathieu) - Quinn, Donald, Gurley - although I have to admit PP would probably come off before Gurley.

And this is not a knock on the Cards at all - more of a knock on Jeff Fisher and a complement to Arians.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Giants waxed us last year, the FireSkins waxed us this year. Dal doesn't haven't Romo and the Iggles are the Iggles, but what makes you think we'd win that division?

What's Fishers record here outside of the NFC West? Pretty dang poor off the top of my head. We just can't beat none division foes for whatever reason.

Because if the trend were to continue, we'd be 5-1 in the NFC East and bad against everyone else, but a record of around .500 would win that division and we'd win it due to division record.

Fisher is strong against division opponents; the NFC East would be our division opponents in this hypothetical.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We can get mad at Wagoner all we want, but it's true. With the bounty of picks we received our rebuild wasn't accelerated. We are a middle of the pack team. Sad but true. There is always next year.
AND THE NFC EAST IS STILL THE "WORST DIVISION IN THE NFL" and has been for years!! the NFC West is one of the toughest and has been for years!! IF the rams were in the NFCE we would have Won that Div. 4 years running!! JMHO