Was Brown as terrible as he looked at RG?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'll ask this of the members that are experts on the O line. Was Brown really as terrible at right guard as it looked today? It seemed that most of the pressure on Foles came from the right today.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
A combination of RG and RT. Not their finest hour today.

Disclaimer: Not claiming to be an expert on the O-line. :shades:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He made some mistakes, but on, at least, one glaring play, it was Barnes, man, and one on Havenstein.

Let's give him at least a week to adjust back to the right side.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Need to watch it again. There were 2 early stretch right run plays that went for big losses. Coming off a bye week at home against a team that has struggled to stop the run, I was hoping for more from the O.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'll ask this of the members that are experts on the O line. Was Brown really as terrible at right guard as it looked today? It seemed that most of the pressure on Foles came from the right today.
I'll take a closer look this week, but the Browns did a pretty good job of shooting gaps, today.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Two rookies next to each other are going to struggle, especially after one of then switches position. Having a center next to you who has barely started more games than you doesn't help either. Bad game for him but not hard to see why.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'll definitely rewatch as well and look at the OL. There was a lot of penetration in the backfield and beating of run blocks all over the joint in the first half. It was clear the Browns--newsflash--worked their butts off on gap discipline and it helped them a lot early on. Did seem like a lot came from the RG area but I wasn't focusing too hard on them.

Would make sense that Jamon has to settle in. Hopefully now that Roger is out of the picture this line can get a few more games without any more shuffling.

F. Mulder

Starter
He really really struggled today. Robinson was his typical up and down. Barnes is the one I am gladly eating crow about. Very steady and consistent. Didn't notice Haverstein which is a good thing for an OLineman. Same with Reynolds.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Makes
Two rookies next to each other are going to struggle, especially after one of then switches position. Having a center next to you who has barely started more games than you doesn't help either. Bad game for him but not hard to see why.
Makes you wonder why they switched the Guards. It's like they don't want continuity on the line.:mad: They're going to have to start playing better real soon or this team is going nowhere!:(

fearsomefour

Legend
Don't claim to be an expert but it was a rough outing. Barnes was the best lineman today overall I think. Really made some nice plays on the move.

Ballhawk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Strange coaching of the line. It's like they are just throwing everything at the wall to see what will stick!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Signing Rodney Hudson would have been a huge help to this OLine

Strange coaching of the line. It's like they are just throwing everything at the wall to see what will stick!

You get that impression too huh? It's almost as if Boudreau is not really that good of a coach.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I appear to be alone on this - but I think the line as a whole was pretty good.

Sure, Foles gets pressured but so does every other QB. A little pocket presence and he would be fine back there.

And you can't have Gurley running like he is and not give the line at least some credit.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I appear to be alone on this - but I think the line as a whole was pretty good.

Sure, Foles gets pressured but so does every other QB. A little pocket presence and he would be fine back there.

And you can't have Gurley running like he is and not give the line at least some credit.
Nah, they looked bad at times, but that comes with youth. People seem to tend to forget that rookies are rookies for a reason and act like these guys should never or will never make mistakes.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
There were a few breakdowns with the movement of Brown and addition of Reynolds it doesn't surprise me to see some. Overall I thought they were just ok. I'm still not happy with Grob. thought he had the worst game of everyone and got away with a few holds that did not get called (I know they can't really call them all).

Gurley makes them look better than they are, hopefully Foles doesn't get even ore of the battered Bulger disease and they can stay healthy the rest of the year.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Who in the NFL has a good offensive line this year?

Anyone?

The constant devaluation of OLmen has come home to roost in the NFL. Sooner or later coaches will have to start encouraging good athletes to play OL or there will be no one at all to stop the DL from running wild.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Brown appeared to be getting pushed back quite a bit yesterday. Hopefully that was just a technique/leverage issue and he can correct it. I really hope that isn't a strength/weight issue, as I do not see that getting corrected mid season....