Warner to Bruce 73 yard game winning TD in SB34 overshadowed by "The Tackle”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I just can't see how that can be called a great pass from Warner. He heaved it and Bruce made the adjustment and the play. I doubt that was by design.

It gets to be on par with Stafford's no-look to Kupp on the final drive that was a "great" pass. Which we all agree was a great pass.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have always thought that catch and run by Bruce was HOF worthy, one that Jerry Rice probably wishes were on his resume.
What irritates me is Proehl's catch in the Championship Game is several orders of magnitude more difficult than Dwight Clark's, but all we see is the 9er's catch in the highlight reels of great catches. The throw by Warner is much tougher as well.

So True!

Proehl's one handed snag should be shown in the classic highlights all the damn time so the younger generations can know what's good/great. It's criminal that they don't.

I will say this though... our very own @Ramhusker wore his Proehl jersey to our playoff game in Tampon several weeks back. It was badass. I did tell him that I doubted any of the lame ass Tampon fans would even know who Proehl is or the significance of Ramhusker reping that jersey into Ray-J. We got a good laugh outta that at least.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is always overlooked. Considering time and situation, it should be considered the best offensive play in Super Bowl history.

Having said that.....I watched the whole game the other day. Im sure Bruce wouldn't have considered this, but the Titans only had one timeout left.

Given how exhausted our defense was, I think he should have gone down around the 1 yard line.

That plays ends at two min warning.

Rams run on first down - if stopped Titans take last timeout.

Rams run two more times, and then after kicking a FG there'd have been 25 seconds left with the Titans having no timeouts, and our d would have been more rested.

It worked out, but that was a perspective I had never had before. I never realized they only had one timeout.

No team could just plan to hit a 73 yarder though

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I am going with the tackle :laugh1:

Seriously, it was one of the most defining plays in any Superbowl

Otherwise you will need to change your name to Bruce73yarder !!

:laugh1:

I suppose the last play always gets a bit more air time as it decides the game.

Aaron_Donald_GAMEWINNING_PRESSURE_TO_WI_cropped (1).gif

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suppose the last play always gets a bit more air time as it decides the game.

Aaron_Donald_GAMEWINNING_PRESSURE_TO_WI_cropped (1).gif
Is there anything better than watching Aaron Donald celebrate the game winning play in the Super Bowl?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Agree that the throw was not a thing of beauty..It was all on Ike's adjustment..It was terribly underthrown, and please don't say it was intentional on Warner's part..The stop just drew more attention because it was the last play of the game..I understand..I really couldn't care less.. Rams won the game and like this year, while the pass and sack were what people talk about the most, there were 59 other minutes played in the game...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It was terribly underthrown, and please don't say it was intentional on Warner's part

If you recall, Warner was hit by Jevon Kearse on the pass.

Sure enough Warner dropped back and looked towards Bruce, who was running stride-for-stride with his defender down the sideline. Warner decided to throw the ball up, hoping that Bruce would use his tremendous playmaking ability to make something happen. But Warner's arm was hit on the pass, forcing the ball to be short.

Bruce recalls the play like it was yesterday.

"Me being the cunning veteran that I am, I make sure my eyes don't get wide," he said. "I just pretend the ball's not coming, because [the defender] is taught to react off of my body movement."

Bruce came back to make the catch and then pushed off his defender. After that he juked another defender, picked up a clutch block and was off to the races.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"Me being the cunning veteran that I am, I make sure my eyes don't get wide," he said. "I just pretend the ball's not coming, because [the defender] is taught to react off of my body movement."
The more I watch and learn about this game the more I appreciate the small details that are the difference with the great ones.