Want a silver lining? How bout Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He had one of his finer catches in his young career today. If the pass had been more accurate it would have been a big play.

So, yeah, I know, some of you still want to take a chainsaw to this team and I am also still upset by the way this team played today. But when they watch the film of this game it is going to be clear that Quick can help them. Foles needs to stay after practice with Quick alone and work routes man. The silver lining here is he is ready to make an impact on this sorry @$$ offense. So many other passes to Quick missed by a mile... FIX IT!!

Britt should only be on the field to spell Quick while he gets his lungs back. The Rams priority on every pass should be either Quick or Austin off play action. Do that and this offense might start resembling something that belongs in the NFL.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Great fucking catch, but sorry, no. Not enough.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Take a Chainsaw to the team? No, not really...Just after year four of FisherBall, our best season was year one....and that was 7-8-1. How sad is that? Throw to Quick? that's fine with me..It's not his fault that Fisher/Snead wasted a 2nd rounder on him...Just don't know how Foles practicing with him helps tho,as Foles isn't that good.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Get somebody to throw him passable balls and we're not even having this discussion about the guy, he's been overthrown or underthrown in the last three games.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree the rest of this season is about making decisions about guys.
Britt, Quick, Bailey are at the top of that list. I agree with giving Quick more time and opportunity. Britt is a starving mans Calvin Johnson to me. He disappears for stretched, will occasionally make a few really good plays and is nicked up a lot.
I would add Fairley to the silver lining list. He has played very well the last couple of week. That rotation of Donald, Brockers and Fairley is a force and one I would try to keep together after this season.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'd resign him for the minimum. Otherwise, keeping these underachieving players just sets us up for a bad 2016.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Get somebody to throw him passable balls and we're not even having this discussion about the guy, he's been overthrown or underthrown in the last three games.
By who, you must jest. Foles, simply didn't see anybody.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'd resign him for the minimum. Otherwise, keeping these underachieving players just sets us up for a bad 2016.
Im assuming you are talking about Quick.
I would bump him up a bit from minimum and try to sign him to more than one year.
But, I would also let Britt go.
The Rams are not going to have the room in my opinion, to keep the key pieces on D going into FA and sign a top level WR. Britt and Quick are close to the same guy to me, Quick is younger and cheaper with more potential.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I would bump him up a bit from minimum and try to sign him to more than one year.
The Rams are not going to have the room in my opinion, to keep the key pieces on D going into FA and sign a top level WR. Britt and Quick are close to the same guy to me, Quick is younger and cheaper with more potential.

Agree 100%. I don't think Quick is the problem here. He got open yesterday and started showing signs of the same guy we saw in the first six games last year. It's not his fault that the QB can't get the ball anywhere near him when he does get open.

fearsomefour

Legend
Agree 100%. I don't think Quick is the problem here. He got open yesterday and started showing signs of the same guy we saw in the first six games last year. It's not his fault that the QB can't get the ball anywhere near him when he does get open.
While Britt seems to be more of a vertical guy Quick really seems like he could do damage on the crosses and working the middle.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick did and has gotten open. We just need a QB to put him to good use.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
While Britt seems to be more of a vertical guy Quick really seems like he could do damage on the crosses and working the middle.

Yes, he could. And he actually wasn't bad as a vertical guy last year prior to getting hurt.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I agree the rest of this season is about making decisions about guys.
Britt, Quick, Bailey are at the top of that list. I agree with giving Quick more time and opportunity. Britt is a starving mans Calvin Johnson to me. He disappears for stretched, will occasionally make a few really good plays and is nicked up a lot.
I would add Fairley to the silver lining list. He has played very well the last couple of week. That rotation of Donald, Brockers and Fairley is a force and one I would try to keep together after this season.
:thinking: I would just like to add. We need to keep Chris Long!! I know he's missed several games This year and last but I think everyone can see the difference in the "D" when he's in their and when he's not!!:cautious: JMHO

Big Willie

Starter
I have been one of Quick's biggest supporters, but we need to see more production before we pronounce him as the solution to this problem. But to reiterate what others have said, our QB has to throw catchable balls and identify wide open players too...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick had 7 targets and caught 1 ball.
Welker had 6 targets which goes to show how little confidence the staff has in the rest of them team

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thing about Quick is he actually did demonstrate some level of consistency last season before that injury. He is a better option than Britt across the board right now plus he does have upside. And I'm glad you mentioned FA, because that introduces another reason you want to know what you have in the guy.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have been one of Quick's biggest supporters, but we need to see more production before we pronounce him as the solution to this problem. But to reiterate what others have said, our QB has to throw catchable balls and identify wide open players too...
A solution on his own? No. Part of one? Potentially.
As it stands now if the Rams let him walk in FA that leaves them with Britt (over paid), Bailey, Austin and Marquez. Not a lot there.
Personally, I resign Quick and dump Britt....saving money and getting potentially a better player. Britt isn't going to develop much more as a player and may soon head in the other direction. First round WRs are notorious for starting slowly....Amari Cooper being the exception to the rule....so, while I would certainly add a WR pretty high in the draft there needs to be something remaining from what is already here.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
:thinking: I would just like to add. We need to keep Chris Long!! I know he's missed several games This year and last but I think everyone can see the difference in the "D" when he's in their and when he's not!!:cautious: JMHO

I agree with this IF the price is right.....

Want to keep Quick before Britt like the rest of you. Not sold on him though. Something doesn't click with him and it's not all on the QB, I guess the possibility of him never getting it just makes him cheaper to resign....:rolleyes:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The Rams priority on every pass should be either Quick, or Austin Britt, or Cook off play action.
Fixed it for ya Merlin.....

I'm not blaming any wr for this shit show on offense....Watch the games....Yesterday has been coming for several weeks....NOW the media realizes it, and gives us TV viewing fans a peek....

And I'm going to our match-up nightmares to create offense around Gurley & Tavon...Austin has been turned into a RB....a HB...sorta like sproles...He's not a threat, consistently downfield......A bomb every now and then, but basically we need wrs downfield being targeted....Tavon needs to learn from Welker...and fast too...Wes isn't long for this game...