Walter Football Rams 4 round mock draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
ramsb_logo.gif
St. Louis Rams: Brandon Scherff, OT/G, Iowa

Iowa_logo.gif

The Rams still have some holes on their offensive line. Jake Long's health was a serious concern, prompting the front office to release him. There's a void at the guard spot that Greg Robinson previously occupied. Meanwhile, right tackle Joseph Barksdale is a free agent. Here's a solution for either dilemma.

ramsb_logo.gif
St. Louis Rams: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma
Oklahoma_logo.gif

Brian Quick looked good prior to his injury, and both Kenny Britt and Stedman Bailey have had their moments in the second half of the season, but the Rams lack a true No. 1 receiver, which is something they can obtain with this selection.

ramsb_logo.gif
St. Louis Rams: Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State
MississippiState_logo.gif

Another defensive lineman? Why not? The Rams could stand to grab another defensive end, given that Chris Long will be owed close to $12 million in his contract year next season.

ramsb_logo.gif
St. Louis Rams: Gabe Wright, DT, Auburn

Auburn_logo.gif

The Rams signed Nick Fairley this offseason, but that doesn't seem like a long-term addition. Here's some depth for the long haul.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd be ok with the first 2 round but would be pretty pissed if they spent 2 more premium picks on the Dline with so many other needs.

jjab360

Legend
I'd be ok with the first 2 round but would be pretty pissed if they spent 2 more premium picks on the Dline with so many other needs.
Are third and fourth round really premium picks though? Long, Hayes, and Sims are all 30 or about to turn 30 and we don't have a 4th DT so they're both positions of mid-round need, imo.

That being said, I'd be okay with that draft but not ecstatic.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
WalterFootball can go kiss my ass. The only pick I'd like in that draft is Gabe Wright.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are third and fourth round really premium picks though? Long, Hayes, and Sims are all 30 or about to turn 30 and we don't have a 4th DT so they're both positions of mid-round need, imo.

That being said, I'd be okay with that draft but not ecstatic.

There is a good chance we could land some starters on the Oline in the 3rd or 4th round this year so I would say that is premium to the Rams right now.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
based on who they have available - I have some objections starting in the 3rd round.

I can get behind Scherff and DGB in 1, 2 but in round 3, I'm thinking PJ Williams - but if they don't like the character on him then Cedric Ogbuehi, Duke Johnson, Jay Ajayi, or maybe even jumping on Mannion.

In round 4, Daryl Williams or Andy Gallik.

Stel

Starter
based on who they have available - I have some objections starting in the 3rd round.

I can get behind Scherff and DGB in 1, 2 but in round 3, I'm thinking PJ Williams - but if they don't like the character on him then Cedric Ogbuehi, Duke Johnson, Jay Ajayi, or maybe even jumping on Mannion.

They have PJ Williams available at #72? Really doubt that happens. If it did, I damn sure rather take him over Preston Smith.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

WHAT? We're picking Preston Smith over Duke fucking Johnson?! Goddammit, it's even worse than I thought.