Wagoner's Rams Report--Not Good Vibes on Long's Ankle--101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Nick Wagoner joined Kevin Wheeler to talk about Jeff Fisher’s presser yesterday, the not so good vibes on Chris Long, why the Rams have to keep a backup plan for Rodger Saffold at all times, the QB situation and why Nick and Kevin agree that the team must continue to monitor QB market, and talked about the identity of the Rams offense.

Listen to Wagoner's Rams Report

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I fear it could be the dreaded high ankle sprain ... ugh.

bigdog2834

UDFA
Name
Donnie
Why did we just give a guy a decent sized contract that we have to keep a back up plan for at all times?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
A shame, I was predicting a breakout season for Long. Hopefully he recovers fully and quickly, let's try not to rush him back. And we shouldn't need to rush him back. I think William Hayes can fill in and be a high-end starter, and I feel like Westbrooks can rotate in just fine and be a beast. There is no good place for an injury to strike, but an injury on our defensive line is probably the best one that can happen, if one had to happen.

Alan

Legend
bigdog2834 listening to talking heads again:
Why did we just give a guy a decent sized contract that we have to keep a back up plan for at all times?
Which player on the team do you not need a backup plan for if they get injured? Which of those commentators works for the Rams? Want to buy a bridge real cheap? :LOL:
Need to borrow my comb?
images

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Nick Wagoner joined Kevin Wheeler to talk about Jeff Fisher’s presser yesterday, the not so good vibes on Chris Long, why the Rams have to keep a backup plan for Rodger Saffold at all times, the QB situation and why Nick and Kevin agree that the team must continue to monitor QB market, and talked about the identity of the Rams offense.

Listen to Wagoner's Rams Report
This Has me really worried about how long, Long will be out!!

bigdog2834

UDFA
Name
Donnie
Apparently they didnt think they needed much of a back up plan for Bradford Lol. You know what I mean. I dont think its too bright of an idea to sign a guy to a contract like that if you feel like you are always going to need a back up plan because they are so injury prone. Would you give a guy that much money if you were thinking he is going to get injured all the time so we better have a back up plan?

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Apparently they didnt think they needed much of a back up plan for Bradford Lol. You know what I mean. I dont think its too bright of an idea to sign a guy to a contract like that if you feel like you are always going to need a back up plan because they are so injury prone. Would you give a guy that much money if you were thinking he is going to get injured all the time so we better have a back up plan?

Who exactly are you talking about? I know it can't be Long because he's not always hurt and if it's about Bradford, isn't this topic about Long's ankle?

bigdog2834

UDFA
Name
Donnie
Who exactly are you talking about? I know it can't be Long because he's not always hurt and if it's about Bradford, isn't this topic about Long's ankle?
Talking about Saffold. The original post was stating that Fisher said that he always has to have a back up plan for Saffold. Just seems odd to sign a guy to that kind of contract if that is your mindset with him.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Talking about Saffold. The original post was stating that Fisher said that he always has to have a back up plan for Saffold. Just seems odd to sign a guy to that kind of contract if that is your mindset with him.
Ah, I see, I definitely missed that. I definitely agree, btw.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Guys, think about this for a minute and I"m not trying to hijack the thread. Aaron Donald. Did you see what he did when he came in? With his skill set and Hayes on the outside I don't think the front four will miss a beat!

V3

Hall of Fame
I fear it could be the dreaded high ankle sprain ... ugh.
If there was ever a year to have a "colon cleanse" of a year, I'm thinking this is the year. Get all the injuries out of the system, throw all the rookies in there to learn quicker, etc. We may not win many games but that just allows us to get the best QB possible in the draft, allows the injured players to take their time and heal up completely, and gets the young players plenty of playing time so they can really contribute next year.

V3

Hall of Fame
If Fisher said that, that's pretty shocking to me. How can a team sign an injury prone player that they're always worried about to that kind of contract? At the very least, it should be an incentive based contract to protect themselves. I don't like hearing that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
When some team shreds this loaded box concept the Vikes ran against us, what will be the excuse then?