Wagoner: Rams trim to 75

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
PhxRam said:
DR RAM said:
Ram Quixote said:
Did you mean for WR Mike Campbell to make the 53?
No, I didn't.

Good call on smith.. I really thought he would have been the starter.
It was pretty weird, I did this minutes before hearing about Smith being traded.

PhxRam

In you opinion dr, any reason in particular that stands out as to why the rams can't seem to build a respectable line?

With all of the money and draft picks used on this line you would have thought we would have found a few nuts by now.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
PhxRam said:
In you opinion dr, any reason in particular that stands out as to why the rams can't seem to build a respectable line?

With all of the money and draft picks used on this line you would have thought we would have found a few nuts by now.
Any particular reason...no.

Several reasons...yes.

I didn't think much of Loney, and I already have seen improvement in Saffold, and the departed Smith. J. Brown majorly regressed under Loney, as did most of our lineman, including Saffold, and Dahl. I thought Bell played pretty well, he graded out about the same as Dahl. If players aren't developing, they are regressing.

J. Smith just ended up being a bad pick in a bad draft at the top. I don't even know if it really anyone's fault, but a better coach to begin with, and who knows the kind of player he could have been. Saffold should be fine, not perfect, but fine.

I think we found a nut with Rok Watkins, and Mattison is serviceable. I really like Turner, so we have decent guard depth, IMO. We made a mistake by not drafting a tackle in this draft. I think that mistake is evident, and I know that you can't fix everything, but Fisher's mission statement was that they would protect Bradford first and foremost. Getting a offensive tackle will be our #1 priority from now until next season. Obviously, we are working the phones.

Why we didn't pick up Jared Gaither last year, I will never understand.

Too many blind squirrels, not enough nuts.