Wagoner on injury report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
DE Chris Long returns to practice
By Nick Wagoner | ESPN.com

One unanswered question surrounding the Rams this week was the health status of defensive end Chris Long.

Long left the third preseason game in Denver early with an apparent leg injury and didn't return to the practice field or participate in the preseason finale against Baltimore. Coach Jeff Fisher said Long was "fine" when asked about him on a couple of occasions and from all indications Wednesday, that appears to be the case.

The Rams got Long back on the practice field Wednesday afternoon and he didn't appear to have any problems. He participated in one-on-one pass rush drills and worked in a rotation with the other ends during the "team" portion of practice. In fact, Long was not even listed on the team's injury report.

Safety Matt Giordano also returned to practice from a calf issue and did not appear on the injury report. Safety Matt Daniels did some work in practice with a cast on his right arm. Daniels, Tight end Lance Kendricks (knee) and defensive tackle Jermelle Cudjo (foot) also practiced and aren't listed.

Here's the quick breakdown of those who did appear on the injury report:

Did not participate: TE Cory Harkey (knee), safety Darian Stewart (thigh), cornerback Quinton Pointer (thigh) and linebacker Jonathan Stewart (hip).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
All things considered .... we're doin' alright.

Now let's freakin KEEP IT THAT WAY.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:

With Kendricks back, the weapons look lethal.

Cook, Kendricks, Givens, Tavon, and DRich all on the field at the same time is very imposing especially from a speed standpoint.

If the Cards can't get to Sam early, we should rip them up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, like you, I think the whole season hinges on keeping Bradford clean. He's not a mover or a shaker. He's like Brady in that the pocket has to be there for him and he needs a little bit of time. I think maybe Schottenheimer will devise a scheme that's predicated on getting the ball out early so that Bradford isn't forced to stay in the pocket very long.

I do think that Bradford has improved in the area of moving around in the pocket, and he seems to sense pressure a little better, but I think maybe they should try to add a few boots in the playbook and spread four guys out with some motion so that he can quickly see where the mismatches are. It may be his coming out party after all...

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Well, like you, I think the whole season hinges on keeping Bradford clean. He's not a mover or a shaker. He's like Brady in that the pocket has to be there for him and he needs a little bit of time. I think maybe Schottenheimer will devise a scheme that's predicated on getting the ball out early so that Bradford isn't forced to stay in the pocket very long.

I do think that Bradford has improved in the area of moving around in the pocket, and he seems to sense pressure a little better, but I think maybe they should try to add a few boots in the playbook and spread four guys out with some motion so that he can quickly see where the mismatches are. It may be his coming out party after all...

Agree with you on all that.

As Cosell said Bradford doesn't create space for himself and needs a clean pocket. I do think after Sam gets acclimated to a cleaner pocket he will create more. It just has been so bad for him, he really hasn't had a chance to develop that part of his game.

Fisher is focused on building Sam's confidence. If the OL can stay on the field, I think Sam will surprise a lot of people.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
X said:

knock-on-wood-74119966.jpg