Wagoner; Expect more Rams in prime time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The offseason is here for the Los Angeles Rams and now that we know where they'll be playing their home games for the long term, things have settled down enough to spend our weekends answering a few of your Twitter questions.

As always, you can find me on Twitter @nwagoner. Fire away with any Rams-related questions you might have. Please use the hashtag #RamsMail so I can see them.

On to your questions.

@nwagoner In anticipation of the 2016 schedule release, what odds would you give the Rams receiving a Sunday Night Football game #ramsmail
11:07 AM - 7 Apr 2016

@nwagoner: For those wondering, the NFL schedule release for the regular season should come at some point in the next couple of weeks. This is a good question because Sunday night generally has been reserved for the biggest game of the week (or at least one of them), which is why the Rams have hardly ever played in them. In fact, in this current incarnation of the Sunday night game beginning in 2006, the Rams have played on Sunday night just once (with the NFC West on the line in 2010). That's tied with Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Oakland and Buffalo for the fewest appearances of all NFL teams.

With the Rams coming off another losing season, it's hard to imagine the NFL views them as worthy of a Sunday night game this season. But this isn't a normal season. Clearly, the NFL views the Rams moving back to Los Angeles as a big story -- and rightfully so. The Rams are the featured team on HBO's "Hard Knocks" and will be playing a primetime game in the opening week of the preseason on ESPN.

So that begs the question of whether the NFL would sacrifice its usual criteria for a Sunday night game (two successful teams) in favor of an interesting story. I'd classify it as possible since the NFL is so happy to be back in the country's second largest market. And even if the Rams don't end up on Sunday night, I'd be surprised if they don't get a game or two on Monday Night Football in addition to the usual Thursday night appearance.

@nwagoner Hey Nick, I sort of hope the #LARams move down and get more picks. Do you think they will? We still need a lot of help. #RamsMail

@nwagoner: As always with the Rams, you can't rule out anything when it comes to draft trades. They have been very active in making deals both up and down the board under Jeff Fisher and Les Snead. I do think it's possible that moving down could end up being the best move for them. If they can't get in position to get one of the top two quarterbacks or they don't believe in either one enough to give up a big haul to get them, then a move down would make a lot of sense.

Picking at No. 15 seems to offer a lot of value, especially for teams in the market for defensive help, especially on the line. While it wouldn't hurt the Rams to add a cornerback or defensive lineman, it also wouldn't help their ailing offense. Likewise, it doesn't seem that the receivers or quarterbacks available at that spot necessarily would be worthwhile value as opposed to moving down, getting another pick or two and potentially getting a player of similar ability.

Of course, you still have to find a trade partner and I'm not sure who that would be at this point. But if they could move down a little bit, pick up an extra choice or two and still land some offensive help in, say, the mid 20s, that would be a logical approach given their needs and the relative value at those positions in this draft

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Dotson is worth taking at 15.
Of all the WR's in this draft he would be my top rated wide out. Most of the better draft sites have him grading out between #31 to #39 of the top 50 prospects. If one was to take 8 of the NFL.com's mockers.....
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-mockdraft
Josh drops to the 2nd rd in 3 of them but is consistent on five where Josh comes of the boards between #24,#23,#21,#23 & #24.

To me he would be a good prospect to try to land if there was a trade down sought in order to pick up a 4th second day draft pick. Not sure I would be real happy if he was selected @ #15 with many other better prospects still on the board.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
For me, if we could trade down and still land Dodson, that would be great..

But I would be really crushed if we didn't come away with a franchise qb.. Another off season not addressing arguably the most importnant position on the team would suck.

Just do us all a favor Les and trade up for Wentz, please!!