Wade's Edge Rushers.... 3rd day selections, Solid Gold Nuggets?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This off season since the arrival of Wade Phillips new defense I have been wondering just how he would go about getting those smaller shorter quicker edge rushers (ER) into the Rams rooster. Would the Rams be forced to utilized priceless valuable second day draft selections or could the find the Elvis Dumervil types on the 3rd day of the draft like many other teams have done successfully for decades.

This past weekend it appears I got my answer. On Saturday third day of the draft in the 4th rd. I saw Wade moving around the draft room with big smile & high five'ing Snead & others next it was announced that Samson Ebukam OLB'er (ER) a 6-3 240 Explosive, quick-twitch who attacks the edge with a great burst. Later in the 7th rd. Snead selected another ER in Ejuan Price 5-11 245 pound OSLB who talent fits Wade's defense fully. Has Dumervil size.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/samson-ebukam?id=2558830
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ejuan-price?id=2558002

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really like them both, and I can't wait to see how Wade uses them!!(y);):D

Memphis Ram

Legend
That's the most exciting thing about the hiring of Phillips and the switch to the 3-4 defense to me. The abundance of tweeners available to choose from later in the draft vs. trying to find quality DEs.

I just with that they could have kept Ian Seau somehow. He might have a place on the team now.

Last edited:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think at worst they are gonna be good rotational players and depth, At best they will turn into starters who average around 8-10 sacks a season. I think they are both great picks.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think at worst they are gonna be good rotational players and depth, At best they will turn into starters who average around 8-10 sacks a season. I think they are both great picks.
I was just thinking. Before the Draft I was worried the Rams where losing their Depth on Defense, I'M NO LONGER WORRIED! If anything, we may have gotten BETTER!!(y):D:yay::yess:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
After the few things that I've seen and read about Ebukam he's quickly becoming someone I'm strongly rooting for. He's a highly athletic, intelligent, hardworking, and he plays on the left and right side of the line. All he needs is a solid set of coaches and players to help him hone his skills:whistle:

Last edited:

jap

Legend
If Sean & Co. can get the offense rolling and scoring early soon enough, this defense might have a real opportunity to fulfill Jeff Fisher's old challenge: to break the NFL season sack record.