CAMP REPORT -VRF Camp Report Day 1 -

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Camp was supposed to open at 11 and since I’m only 15 minutes away, I left work at 10:30 thinking its early on a workday. There won’t be many people there. WRONG! Packed house! And parking was a pain too until @bubbaram told me about his parking lot. Using that one tomorrow.

Weather was nice. Sunny, mid eighties with a cool breeze blowing. Bubba had some choice seats picked out, but the staff said he had to move because those were reserved. So, he did and then the staff changed their mind and opened the section back up. Too late for us so we had to sit in the end zone. Good view from there!

When the Rams took the field as a team, the crowd erupted into cheers! When ever a position group was done with drills and moved to another section of the field, the crowd cheered! What a great feeling to be associated with such a class organization and Super Bowl champs too! Couldn’t have said that for a long time.

Let’s talk about some of the players. I’ll just shoot from the hip from what I recall.

#14 DeCobie Durant. Dude was everywhere! Flying around like he was superman! You already know he had two interceptions but unless someone has them filmed and posted on twitter, you have no idea how difficult those players were. The throws the QB were good throws! No tipped balls, no one in their face. The receivers were also open, but Durant just put himself out there, closed the gap and dove in front to intercept. A true thing of beauty!

#6 Derian Kendrick. I wanted to make a point to focus on him, but he seemed to have got lost in the shuffle to me. I may be wrong; everyone is talking about him so he must be doing something right. The only time I noticed him was during passing drills and he failed to catch a ball thrown out in front of him. No big deal, we all have moments, but it just seemed…. odd, I guess? I’ll try and watch him closer in the coming days.

#44 Danial Hardy. Stud. Fast! Has balance, control. Chased Wolford out of the pocket and caused an incompletion, more than once. I like this guy. Let’s keep an eye on him.

#60 Bruss. Played at right guard mostly with the 2’s but did get some reps with the 1’s. He anchors well. Seems to have good leverage and good use of his hands. Didn’t get beat. Don’t recall the defender going against him though. In this short practice, I felt he did better than Shelton. The kid, to me, is ready to start.

#49 Rodger Carter. He is a big TE! Huge legs! Was practicing some long snaps at the beginning. I imagine he is looking for a role to play. Don’t think he sticks.

#1 Robinson. He is a player. A professional. He appeared to be giving it his all on every play, regardless of where he fell in the QB’s progression. Caught a couple of balls, curl patterns then turned it up field with some speed! This is a great signing. Only problem, there are only so many balls to go around and we seem to be loaded with WR.

#15 Atwell. Small, yes. Quick, yes. Fast, hard to tell from our vantage point. It seems I have a series of photos with him breaking away from a DB so he must have something going for him. I told Bubba that when he isn’t the primary receiver, I see him not being as crisp in his cuts. I guess I feel you should practice how you play. His hands are good! I just don’t see what the FO saw in him.

#30 Calais. He was catching some balls out of the backfield and look good doing it! Sure hands, good cuts, burst of speed. Be nice to have him fill two roles for us.

That’s about it. Go check out my other thread that has camp photos! Till next time!

VRF

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Thanks for the report! Respect!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Can’t thank you enough for these, Vet! Keep ‘em coming, man.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Man that was awesome. Thanks Vet. Overall have to say this is about as good a start as I could imagine for this draft class.

I told Bubba that when he isn’t the primary receiver, I see him not being as crisp in his cuts.
Yeah I remember back when I heard that comment from McVay and how out of character it was for him, so he must have been really frustrated. All I can say is there's a long way to go and this camp is definitely do or die for Tutu. I'm sure he realizes that. Hope so at least.

sloramfan

Starter
whatever..

vfr ... you rule...

a humble rams fan... can't thank you enough...

keep the news coming,,,

go rams

slo

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Also and btw @VeteranRamFan and @bubbaramfan I read on another site that the scrimmage field is always the one the TV screens are facing.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
VRF, I'm curious this early in camp why you didn't believe TE/FB Roger Carter would 'stick'. Did any of the UDFA's impress in your opinion ?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
VRF, I'm curious this early in camp why you didn't believe TE/FB Roger Carter would 'stick'. Did any of the UDFA's impress in your opinion ?
Now this is just my opinion but when I see players putting in extra time prior to or after practice on something other than their normal position, makes me think, like I said, they want to add some value to themselves. I'm thinking he sees the WR room and the TE room and there is some tough competition. He didn't show much yesterday but then again, wasn't too focused on him. As far as others, couldn't say. So many names on my roster, hard to keep my eyes on everyone one. But since you asked, I'll make a list of the UDFA and see if I can get a read on those today.

Thanks.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Salute Yes Sir GIF by Paramount Network

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Now this is just my opinion but when I see players putting in extra time prior to or after practice on something other than their normal position, makes me think, like I said, they want to add some value to themselves. I'm thinking he sees the WR room and the TE room and there is some tough competition. He didn't show much yesterday but then again, wasn't too focused on him. As far as others, couldn't say. So many names on my roster, hard to keep my eyes on everyone one. But since you asked, I'll make a list of the UDFA and see if I can get a read on those today.

Thanks.

I'm going to assume by 'putting in extra time on something other than their normal position' means working with Special Teams ? Carter was known as something of a Special Teams demon with Georgia State, so I wouldn't find it abnormal for him to be working out with this unit. The long snaps may be something new, that I don't know, but one of the questions coming into camp this season was who might replace Hekker as the holder on field goal attempts, so we may see several players trying out for that duty. jmo.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to assume by 'putting in extra time on something other than their normal position' means working with Special Teams ? Carter was known as something of a Special Teams demon with Georgia State, so I wouldn't find it abnormal for him to be working out with this unit. The long snaps may be something new, that I don't know, but one of the questions coming into camp this season was who might replace Hekker as the holder on field goal attempts, so we may see several players trying out for that duty. jmo.
Nice take!