Von MIller Lines up SOOOO WIDE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I am certainly not a huge X's and O's guy so I may be way off base here; but for me it looks like Von lines up so wide that it takes him a bit longer to get home. Now this may be by design but just wanted to see what yall thought. He did have some nice plays and is coming along, just looks odd to me.

Again its probably me....

Go RAMS!!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I figured that it was to keep him clean for run defense on the edge. Tight Ends and Wide Receivers aren’t going to block him.

There seems to be a change in philosophy with the heavily focused pass defense from last year. I think the coaches are more content to not get beat by big pass plays but want to contain the run, which they’ve done pretty well, especially since Miller was acquired.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I saw Floyd getting WAAAAAY out wide as well. I get that when you are playing a mobile QB, but Cousins??

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tight end can't chip is my guess. And that gives Von a guaranteed 1v1 on a tackle.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Rams are #4 in sacks and I think right up there in total pressures as well.
They're going to fall a little short of last year's numbers in sack totals, but still damn good.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
Millers primary role is a seal the edge and contain, then rush the passer, we’ve seen Floyd het beat quite a few times because he doesn’t always seal the edge properly