VIDEO: Salukis Coach Barry Hinson Honors Bryan Burwell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
:oops:

ST. LOUIS --
Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson had to choke back tears as he recognized the late Bryan Burwell in his closing remarks following the Salukis' loss to Wichita State in the quarterfinal round of the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMtlfNg8DBA

The MVC honored Burwell by naming its interview room at Arch Madness in his name. In a statement, the conference recognized the award-winning sports columnist as "a true fan of Arch Madness and a supporter and friend of the Missouri Valley Conference."

In addition to his columnist duties with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, he was a co-host on the Home Stretch on CBS Sports 920.

Bryan, who lost his battle with cancer in December, became the first African-American to be elected to the U.S. Basketball Writers Association Hall of Fame earlier this week.

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...-Coach-Barry-Hinson-Honors-Bryan-Burwell.aspx

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Irish

Starter
Burwell was a Goliath in St. Louis. I worked with Hinson while I was in school at Missouri State and he was always gracious and passionate. He loved people, and people loved him.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Hinson is a really, really, good guy. My bro used to torch Hinson's Missouri State teams while playing at SIU and when we went back last year as part of their all century basketball team celebration the guy was nothing but nice and had really nice things to say about him and the other SIU basketball players who gave him fits. I really wish his SIU team was more successful because he is a really good and passionate basketball coach. I liked Burwell a lot, I appreciated his blunt columns.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I really liked Burwell. I didn't when he first arrived to the PD, but he grew on me over the years.